DW Research Week-Venusaur, Alakazam, and Mienshao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there

I will be continuing my streak of Research Week by making one for the DW OU. DW is such a diverse metagame that I hope this Research Week will be a success. Here is a quick and nice run down of Research week.

Research Week's goal is to investigate viable pokemon whether in stats, move pool, or team support that makes them a worthy choice to be used in the DW OU metagame. These pokemon can all be researched and have more attention geared towards them. Three Pokemon were chosen by me and with suggestions from others. These Pokemon all can fill certain niches that make them a innovative choice. It should also be noted that this title is perhaps a bit misleading. Research week won't last strictly for just a week but rather just as long as the discussion does.

If you have anything to say about these Pokemon please do! Talk about your experience using or if ever facing them. Remember though make logical and reasoned post to back up your claims.

Couple of rules:
- This is not really a Research week where huge discoveries will be made but rather just focus on the subjects.
- Test! Testing is the key to making this a success. Try to test the Pokemon out as much as you can with new sets and team mates. You never know how good (or bad) something really is instill its tested.
- Think about the teammates the Pokemon can have good synergy with.
- Be open-minded. Back up your claims with reasoning.
- To suggest Pokemon for future research week feel free to VM or PM me and say why.

Without further ado here are Research Specimen:

Venusaur finds its self most useful under the sun. Venusaur can play a variety of roles from being able to be used as an sweeper to a effective staller/wall. Venusaur has access to useful supporting move like leech seed and sleep powder. Growths new mechnaics lets it get a +2 in each Attack stat. With sun in play Venusaur can find it self outspeeding most of the tier and other chlorophyll users.Suggest by Matthew obviously...
Matthew is the best!!

Alakazam is commonly a overlooked pokemon but now its even more useful with its dream world Ability Magic Guard. Alakazam can still make use of its old tactics and make use of the new ones it picked up this generation. Alakazam has a wide versatile special move pool along with Psyshock. Alakazam also gets what most sweepers who cut off their arms to have is no recoil from life orb! Alakazam is also one of the best user that take advantage of Focus Sash.
Thanks Birkal for the Suggestion

Mienshao is very underrated. Mienshoa abilities all provide some use but Regenerator is the most useful followed by reckless. Mienshoa is a very successful all-out attacker pokemon. Mienshoa is also a possible to run a Mix Set having notable moves such as Aura Sphere, Calm Mind, and Grass Knot in its special Attack Arsenal. He can also provided as a decent taunter. Several sets are possible with further research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)