Edit registeel analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use registeel, and I find that this moveset hasn't been listed in the analysis. Contrary to what was written in the analysis, the defense-boosting/rest is more common from what I have seen among the 5 registeels I have battled than curse (3 defense boosters, 1 n00b special attacker, one curser)

Registeel@leftovers
212 HP, 56 Defense, 252 Sp. Defense
Bold (+def,-atk)
toxic/amnesia
iron defence
seismic toss
rest

With so much defense and a decent amount of HP, this registeel really doesn't have much problems surviving once it gets its first iron defense in. Switch in in against a special attacker, then iron defense as your opponent switches to something that earthquakes. You will survive because of the massive defense boost and inherent defense.

What shuts this down is subseeding, curse/resting, 101 sub DDing, gengar (technically registeel wins, but it becomes a strugglefest), and medicham (which has more atk. than registeel can defend against). Fire blast from salamence does 110-130 (depending on EV variations), and with rest you can survive fire blasts for 5 turns until it runs out of PP, even if all 5 hit.

Amnesia is a variation if you want uber stall, but this is payed for by sacrificing your other damaging move, which in my experience is not a good idea. Having only 1 damaging move means that you can run out of PP more easily and forcing your opponent to rest if you end up against a resttalker takes PP from s-toss rather than just a toxic+stall for a few turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)