Endgame: Makin' it Count (UU Warstory)

Hello all, it's another warstory from yours truly.

This warstory happened about three weeks ago. I'd been having an extremely bad day, both in battling and in life, before this guy came along. Just so you understand, I'm going to be doing these comments in character for that day. I don't normally act like this, nor am I this easily incensed.

Eon King's Team:

I didn't ask for permission to make this into a warstory, so I'm changing my opponent's name to Pride. You'll see why later.

Note: Battle Log in Bolded Black
Comments in Unbolded Blue
Current Health in Unbolded Red
Score will be shown in Bolded Green after each KO.

Ladder Match
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Evasion Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause

Eon King sent out Glalie (lvl 100 Glalie ?).
Pride sent out Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).

100%

100%

An Uxie, eh? Glalie should be able to prevent it from setting up, and get up at least one layer of Spikes before I have to switch. Unless...

Uxie used Trick.
Uxie obtained Focus Sash!
Glalie obtained Choice Scarf!
Glalie used Taunt.
Uxie fell for the taunt!

100% (scarfed)

100%

...it's a damn TrickScarfer. Blah. I hate it when that happens. I'll leave it in so that I can see his switch-in. That'll allow me to predict him more accurately. I don't have to worry about losing the Sash anymore, and Glalie isn't going to be doing much now anyway, so I should at least use him to learn more about my opponent's team.

Glalie used Taunt.
But it failed!
Uxie used U-turn.
Glalie lost 19% of its health.
his_dudeness switched in Spiritomb (lvl 100 Spiritomb ?).
Spiritomb is exerting its pressure!

81% (scarfed)
100%

So he chooses to send in Spiritomb. Three probable moves, Will-O-Wisp, Calm Mind/Nasty Plot, or an atack. I'm thinking along the lines of Shadow Ball here. Between the possibility of a Flash Fire boost and the weak damage that Shadow Ball is going to do, Houndoom is my best choice.

Eon King switched in Houndoom (lvl 100 Houndoom ?).
Spiritomb used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Houndoom lost 52% of its health.

48%

100%

Oh great. Apparently he was going for Super-effective damage here. Now I'm irritated, and I need to stop him from setting up if he plans to. Fire Blast is my only choice. Between the possibility of Pain Split stalling, and the inability of most of my team to significantly damage Spiritomb after a few CM's, I have to get him as weak as possible now so I can kill him. Much as it's a shame to waste Houndoom so early in the match, he doesn't have much left anyway, he won't have the health to switch in and kill many Pokemon.

Houndoom used Fire Blast.
Spiritomb lost 73% of its health.
Houndoom lost 10% of its health.
Spiritomb used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Houndoom lost 38% of its health.
Eon King's Houndoom fainted.
5-6

0%

27%

Meh. It appears that Houndoom was wasted, his Spiritomb doesn't have Leftovers, which means no setup. Now I'll bring in Venusaur and put some serious hurt on his ass. I'll have two immediate options: Kill it, or Sleep it. I'll get it out of the way so that he can't use it for death fodder later.

Eon King switched in Venusaur (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
Venusaur used Energy Ball.
Spiritomb lost 27% of its health.
Pride's Spiritomb fainted.
Venusaur lost 10% of its health.
5-5

90%
0%

Good riddance. Who's next?

Pride switched in Drapion (lvl 100 Drapion ?).
Drapion used Ice Fang.
It's super effective!
Venusaur lost 71% of its health.
Venusaur used Sleep Powder.
Drapion fell asleep!

19% (Overgrow)
100% (asleep)

Hm, Drapion. No Leftovers, Ice Fang, and the ammount of damage that did immediately tells me that it's not a Sleep Absorber of any kind. My opponent is probably thinking "Hey, his Venusaur can't do anything to me. I can just sit back and wait for him to switch." Big mistake.

Drapion is fast asleep!
Venusaur used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Drapion lost 86% of its health.
Venusaur lost 10% of its health.

9% (Overgrow)
14% (asleep)

Yeah, my Venusaur carries HP Ground. It hits Poison types, Fire Types, and Steel Types harder than any other move I could carry. Now his Drapion is nothing but another piece of death fodder. Giant middle finger to his prediction.

Pride switched in Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
Uxie makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Venusaur used Hidden Power.
Venusaur's attack missed!

9% (Overgrow)
100%

Meh, it's his Uxie. He'll probably try to capitalize on the switch by U-Turning out again. He probably thinks that I'm just going to let him waltz out of here, but I'm not. Venusaur faints after another attack, so I'm going to hit him as hard as I can with Sludge Bomb and just wait. With Max speed Timid, I outspeed him.

Back out of character for a moment, I realize now that Energy Ball would've done more damage because of Overgrow >_>

Venusaur used Sludge Bomb.
Uxie lost 36% of its health.
Venusaur lost 9% of its health.
Eon King's Venusaur fainted.
Uxie used U-turn.
But there was no target!
4-5

0%
64%

I'm still behind, but I'm outplaying him. I'm going to bring in Mismagius and Sub up, letting me observe and react to whatever he doing in complete safety.

Eon King switched in Mismagius (lvl 100 Mismagius ?).
Mismagius used Substitute.
Mismagius lost 25% of its health.
Mismagius made a substitute!
Uxie used U-turn.
It's not very effective...
The substitute took damage for Mismagius!
Pride switched in Drapion (lvl 100 Drapion ?).
Mismagius's leftovers restored its health a little!
Mismagius restored 6% of its health.

81% (sub)
14% (asleep)

I'm not just going to set up and let his Drapion wake up, because that's exactly what he wants me to do. I'm going to Thunderbolt for the kill.

Mismagius used Thunderbolt.
Drapion lost 14% of its health.
Pride's Drapion fainted.
4-4

87% (sub)
0% (asleep)

Goodbye. I'm still sitting comfortably behind a fairly intact Sub collecting Leftovers recovery, and his death fodder is gone.

Pride switched in Sceptile (lvl 100 Sceptile ?).
Sceptile used Leaf Blade.
A critical hit!
Mismagius's substitute faded!
Mismagius used Shadow Ball.
Sceptile lost 49% of its health.

93%
51%

Urgh, Sceptile. I almost wish I'd taken just one turn to use Calm Mind, it'd be a big help in taking this thing down. Whatever, hindsight is always 20/20, as they say. I say it's also a huge waste of time. His Sceptile is obviously an SD Tile of some sort, so I have one more turn to hit him with Shadow Ball.

Sceptile used Swords Dance.
Sceptile's attack was sharply raised.
Sceptile lost 47% of its health.
Sceptile's Liechi Berry raised its attack!

100%
4% (+3 Attack, Overgrow)

Oh wow, now I'm facing a potent offensive threat, +3 Sceptile with Overgrow activated. What to do... oh yeah, I can just switch to Glalie and let it die before killing Sceptile off with my Donphan's Ice Shard. Too bad for him.

Eon King switched in Glalie (lvl 100 Glalie ?).
A critical hit!
Glalie lost 81% of its health.
Eon King's Glalie fainted.
3-4

0% (scarfed)
4% (+3 Attack, Overgrow)

Fare thee well, useless demonic snowball. Now to Donphan.

Eon King switched in Donphan (lvl 100 Donphan ?).
Pride switched in Milotic (lvl 100 Milotic ?).
Donphan used Ice Shard.
Milotic lost 6% of its health.
Milotic's leftovers restored its health a little!
Milotic restored 6% of its health.

100%
100%

Meh, I didn't want to bluff Ice Shard because a lot of Donphan don't carry it. Turns out that doing so would've been the better move in this case. My Feraligatr is my last Pokemon that can switch into Milotic easily.

Eon King switched in Feraligatr (lvl 100 Feraligatr ?).
Milotic used Surf.
A critical hit!
Feraligatr lost 40% of its health.
Feraligatr's leftovers restored its health a little!
Feraligatr restored 6% of its health.

66%
100%

Nice, a crit. Meh, I'll be able to Dragon Dance up at least once, but that doesn't usually cut it against Milotic. It's the best I can do currently, all the crit means is that Toxic will kill me off a bit faster.

Feraligatr used Dragon Dance.
Feraligatr's attack was raised.
Feraligatr's speed was raised.
Milotic used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Feraligatr lost 39% of its health.
Feraligatr's leftovers restored its health a little!
Feraligatr restored 6% of its health.

33% (Torrent, +1 Attack & Speed)
100%

Argh. No Toxic, but a Grass type Hidden Power to ruin my day. Wonderful. Now Gatr will die, but not before firing off its Earthquake. Much difference as that's going to make, seeing as he'll simply heal it with Recover anyway. I'm pretty much screwed.

Feraligatr used Earthquake.
Milotic lost 35% of its health.
Milotic used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Feraligatr lost 33% of its health.
Eon King's Feraligatr fainted.
2-4

0%
71%

Yeah, that's definitely the standard Bulky Water Milotic. Fuck this. Mismagius is all I have left that won't instantly die against Milotic, so it's my only choice.

Eon King switched in Mismagius (lvl 100 Mismagius ?).
It's super effective!
Milotic lost 42% of its health.
Milotic used Surf.
Mismagius lost 37% of its health.

69%
35%

Wait, no Recover? That's impossible... unless he's getting cocky. The little bastard, he thinks he has this in the bag already! Ok then, he gets a handicap, one Substitute from Mismagius and one turn of Leftovers recovery for Milotic. That way, he won't have any room for complaints when I win.

Milotic used Surf.

50%
41%

A lot of you are probably scoffing at me right now, either thinking that I'm the one who's being arrogant or that I'm being stupid for getting worked up over a game. If that's what you think, this is for you. Now, I'm going to beat his ass.

It's super effective!
Milotic lost 41% of its health.
Milotic used Surf.
Mismagius lost 37% of its health.

19%
6%

Hah, even better. The damage roll is against me, but I can still kill Milotic easily.

It's super effective!
Milotic lost 6% of its health.
Pride's Milotic fainted.
2-3

25%
0%

One step closer to victory. This is going to be tight.

Uxie used U-turn.
Pride switched in Sceptile (lvl 100 Sceptile ?).

6% (sub)
4% (Overgrow)

I knew he'd U-Turn out, so Sub was the best option with that Sceptile waiting in the wings. Shadow Ball for the kill.

Sceptile lost 4% of its health.
Pride's Sceptile fainted.
2-2

12%
0%

Good fucking riddance. Tied game.

It's super effective!
Uxie lost 59% of its health.
Uxie used U-turn.
Mismagius lost 11% of its health.

1%
5% (U-Turning out)

I really hope he makes his U-Turn to something I can kill easily. It'd be funny if I ended up 2-0, and he'd look like a fool.

Pride switched in Hitmontop (lvl 100 Hitmontop ?).
Hitmontop's Intimidate cut Mismagius's attack!

7% (-1 Attack)
100%

My first reaction to this was "FUCK!" Then I took a closer look and noticed that he had Intimidate. Now I have a chance.

Most of the time, I'd be hard pressed to keep a cool head in this situation, but the most dangerous of opponents are the ones that you've backed into a corner, when you have nothing to lose, which is where I'm at now. This is where experience and skill negate luck. The endgame is the time where you have to make every move count.

Hitmontop used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!
Mismagius used Calm Mind.
Mismagius's special attack was raised.
Mismagius's special defence was raised.

13% (-1 Attack, +1 SpA & SpD)
100%

Back to basics, fool. Calm Mind is letting me set up while he's wasting his time attacking. I can stall out his Sucker Punch easily.

Mismagius used Calm Mind.
Mismagius's special attack was raised.
Mismagius's special defence was raised.
Hitmontop used Foresight.

19% (-1 Attack, +2 SpA & SpD, Foresight)
100%

Ah damn. Now I'm forced into the attack. That's a wrap

Hitmontop used Sucker Punch.
Mismagius lost 19% of its health
Eon King's Mismagius fainted.

...Fooled 'ya. That was giving him too much credit. That might've actually meant the end of me, but as expected, he doesn't have the skills to back up his bravado.

Hitmontop lost 72% of its health.
Hitmontop used Close Combat.
Mismagius lost 19% of its health.
Eon King's Mismagius fainted.
Hitmontop's defence was lowered.
Hitmontop's special defence was lowered.
Hitmontop's leftovers restored its health a little!
Hitmontop restored 6% of its health.
1-2

0%
35% (-1 Defense & SpD)

Mismagius still fainted, but I still did enough damage to finish this with ease. I'm bringing in Donphan, and I'm going to scalp him.

Eon King switched in Donphan (lvl 100 Donphan ?).
Hitmontop used Close Combat.
Donphan lost 40% of its health.
Hitmontop's defence was lowered.
Hitmontop's special defence was lowered.
Donphan used Earthquake.
Hitmontop lost 35% of its health.
Pride's Hitmontop fainted.
Donphan's leftovers restored its health a little!
Donphan restored 6% of its health.
1-1

66%
0%

Game Over, biotch.

Donphan used Ice Shard.
Uxie lost 5% of its health.
Pride's Uxie fainted.
Eon King wins!
1-0

66%
0%

Pride's Team:

Ok, I pulled that win out of my ass somehow. Time for Props and Slops.

Phew, I can finally get back out of character xD

+Props and Slops+

Props:

Mismagius: For hanging in and kicking ass like a champ.

My Opponent: For bringing out both the best and worst of me. Best as in battling, worst as in personality.

Slops:

Pride: Speaking in terms of both the noun and my unnamed opponent. Pride can only weaken someone, and it just annoys people. If you're going to be arrogant, then do it in a setting where it's not likely to backfire.

Glalie: For not getting anything done. In all honesty, Glalie is far from a "useless demonic snowball", but it didn't do much of anything in this match.

Me: For making a couple of extremely stupid mistakes early on. They almost cost me the match, and if I wasn't as experienced, they would have. Also, for getting way too serious about this >.>

I hope you enjoyed my first in-character warstory. Cheers!

A little sympathy towards your opponent? Comments that scream "my opponent is stupid" one way or another really ruined it for me, and this could have been potentially a much better warstory if the commentary was on par with the level of the battle.

Edit:
My Opponent: For bringing out both the best and worst of me. Best as in battling, worst as in personality.
I rest my case.

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
A few misplays here and there, but I think that was a pretty good warstory. HP Ground Venu usually works better on Growth sets but hey it served you well in this match. It could have been a much easier win for you if you had CM'ed up on Milo. Commentary was decent. 4/5

@Blue_Tornado

I think he mentioned that he was being 'in character' for a pissy day, which would explain his commentary.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Eh, it was just a standart "now pokémon goes; now pokémon dies, now pokémon 2 goes; rinse and repeat". Also, your opponent misplayed vs your Mismagius as he could have just sent Sceptile, finished Mismagius (instead of going to Uxie for an useless U-turn) and then finish your Donphan with Hitmontop and Uxie. Oh, and you are a real jerk.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-Why would you feel safe taunting Uxie? Uxie has 15 more base speed than you.
-Why would you feel a scarf pokemon with SPIKES is worthless? If anything, I'd say it might be more useful with scarf.
-Why did he bring in Uxie against mismagius when he could just use sceptile?

Overall, some very odd plays throughout.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh, screwing up turn 1 is not a good way to start a warstory (I mean, you should ALWAYS Spike against a potential TrickScarfer). The comments were okay, but nothing impressive. 6/10.

i agree with what towelie and blue tornado said... decent battle but commentary was pretty shallow in terms of how you chose your moves, not to mention not very nice. at least if you are going to be rude in a warstory give us some context so it is funnier to read. like if you were pissed off cause a bird took a dump on your head then it would be funny. or funnier at least. still not all that funny though.

the formatting was very good though

Honestly, I thought the battle was boring and weak. I felt like both battlers were not very good and that the only reason why you won was because your opponent was more noob than you. Both sides made mistakes, and I had no idea what your opponent was doing sometimes. For example, switching Uxie in so late at a critical part of the game, not having a recovery move (Or at least not using it) on his Milotic, and after his hitmontop used foresight he should have sucker punched because everyone knew you were going to have to attack after it. As for the commentary, it's okay if you get into the battle, but it makes you look really bad if you lower yourself to making cheap insults about your opponent and saying random obsenities. I think it was supposed to be funny, but I (And would appear other people) did not find it humorful at all. Overall, I'd give it a 3/10.

I liked it, even with the Fridge Logic when reading the comments.

However, I think it was not a very good battle to warstory, because the battle was won by a glaringly obvious misplay, which is even more terrible than a haxxy ending.

3/5

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
terrible. bad battle, and your arrogance shows you are a fuck. "oh i will give him a handicao LoL" hahahahahaha im not laughing

I thought it was an okay battle, and I liked that you used a Glalie lead, but there were a couple misplays, and your attitude definitely was bad.

2.5/5

it would have been funnier if it was about a bird taking a dump on whistles head, i think just good ole commentary works better, showing respect to your opponent and letting us see your insights to playing the game, not dissing your opponent and only letting us know how you feel.

not really that special of a story =[

I liked the part where you said that Drapion did have Leftovers when it hadn't taken any damage at all (even though it was kind of obvious). Oh and bad attitude is not fun.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
...Fooled 'ya. That was giving him too much credit. That might've actually meant the end of me, but as expected, he doesn't have the skills to back up his bravado.
Why be an asshole in your warstory? Also its not good when you told everyone reading this bigoted nonsense to then fuck off halfway through. In terms of the battle it was average to say the least, with blatant misplays throughout (you simply can't set up DD feraligatr if there's an hp grass milotic waiting. Especially if you have leftovers and therefore no real wallbreaking potential)

Being "in character", I can't really make any judgement towards your attitude in this battle; however, I don't see the need for it at all. It was annoying to read your commentary when you were being so blatantly cocky, even though I knew it was fictional. War stories are more about the battle itself, so far as I'm concerned.

As for the battle itself... fairly average. Personally, if I was having the most intense battle ever (not that this was) - war story material - I'd immediately disregard it as a story as soon as my opponent made a blatant misplay.

Harsh responses here are mostly due to the fact that the majority of posters in this forum play a lot, ladder a lot, reach top ranks and hence have all been in battles that take quality players to the limit.

I like warstories with a lot of prediction (wether they're right or wrong) and this one had .... not much on your side, your opponent predicted better. The comments weren't all the appealing as well. I am hoping to see better ones from you in the future.

This is a bad warstory....
Your opponent and u both made almost every misplay possible and the whole battle was pretty much kill one poke send in another to kill that one.
Then even if your opponent isn't that good, there's no need for you to be a Dick about it. Your predictions were also pretty poor as well. Just wait untill you get a battle worth a shit and actually respect your oppenent and maybe you can get a decent warstory, but until then please don't make any more warstories.....

Better luck next time!

"A lot of you are probably scoffing at me right now, either thinking that I'm the one who's being arrogant or that I'm being stupid for getting worked up over a game"

Thanks for summing up my thoughts.

The only thing that stood out was what a dick you were being. This warstory had potential, should I say? But then again, the whole it was YOU not your opponent who was the arrogant bastard. If you're going to act like an ass, at least don't belittle your opponent to the point that makes you look desperate and pathetic. 1/5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)