Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 190 Atk / 212 SpD / 100 Def / 16 Spe
-Drain Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch

I decide to use Pancham because of it's all-around good stats and one of its abilities, Iron Fist. Iron Fist raises the power of punching moves, which I use to make Pancham's attacks stronger. I taught Pancham Drain Punch for STAB/ healing, Thunder Punch for flying type and water type coverage, Fire Punch for grass type, steel type, bug type, and ice type coverage, and Ice Punch for flying type, grass type, dragon type, and ground type coverage. I usually send out Pancham first, and it gets through about 2-4 of the opponent's Pokemon before it faints or needs to be switched out.

Abra Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Dazzling Gleam
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting

I use Abra because of it's great speed and special attack stats. I use timid nature over modest so that I can attack first, which gives me an advantage. I use the choice specs because I usually only use Abra to take out 1 or 2 of the opponent's Pokemon and usually one move will suffice. Dazzling Gleam is powerful and has dark type coverage, Psychic is powerful and gets STAB, Shadow Ball can take out other psychic types, and HP Fighting is for Pokemon such as Pawniard that don't take x2 damage from Dazzling Gleam.

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 196 Spe / 236 Atk / 76 SpD
-Flame Charge
-Flare Blitz
-Double Kick
-Wild Charge

I chose Ponyta as my third Pokemon because of its high speed and attack. I use Flash Fire because when most people use fire type moves, expecting flame body, I have flash fire, and use Flame Charge to raise speed and it gets STAB. I use Flare Blitz to take out walls and to OHKO strong pokemon. I use Double Kick for normal type, dark, and rock type coverage, and I use Wild Charge for flying type and water type coverage. Overall, Ponyta is a very good Fast Physical Sweeper.

Munchlax @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Impish
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 HP / 36 Def
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt
-Gunk Shot

I chose Munchax because it has an amazing HP stat for LC, and it also can sweep strong pokes like Machop and Aron. I use Body Slam for 1/3 Par. + STAB, EQ for steel type and rock type coverage, zen headbutt for fighting type coverage, and gunk shot for power + 1/3 poison. Overall, Munchlax is a powerful tank.

Machop @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
-Cross Chop
-Dynamic Punch
-Earthquake
-Mega Kick

Machop is a powerhouse. It confuses with Dynamic Punch and sweeps with everything else. I use Cross Chop/Dynamic Punch for STAB, Earthquake for power/ fire, electric, and poison type coverage. I gave Machop Eviolite so it could tank hits better and take multiple attacks.

Flabebe @ Berry Juice
Ability: Symbiosis
Nature: Modest
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
-Moonblast
-Energy Ball
-Psychic
-HP Ground

Flabebe is my last resort. I only use it when all others are fainted. For moves, I use Moonblast for STAB, Energy Ball for water/ground/rock type coverage, Psychic for poison type coverage, and I use HP Ground for coverage on Flabebe's only weaknesses, steel and poison.

My team is based around eviolite, which raises Def/SpDef by 1.5x. Please tell me if you have any suggestions or comments for my team, or even if you want to change a pokemon.

Just to see quickly, yours sets are bad, in LC specs/band rolls are same than Life Orbe so put Life Orbe on Abra first. Secondly JUST DON T USE ASSAULT VEST ON LC, cause Eviolite give the same boost in spe def and in def. In ponyta put will o on double kick etc... Sorry mate but your team is pretty bad I can't rate this in all cause there are much changes to do :)

This seems like a pretty solid squad, with lots of coverage! Some ideas from me are:

1. Try using Spritzee > Flabebe, as it is significantly bulkier, and can also serve as a cleric with Wish and Aromatherapy or a sweeper with Calm Mind, which could be the preferable set in the last-resort scenario you mentioned. However, the Wish set is good because your team (with the exception of Pancham) has no recovery. The resquisite sets are in the Smogon Pokédex page for Spritzee.

2. Your team seems to have a glaring weakness to Flying types (Pancham's low speed is at issue when it comes to this), particularly the popular Gale Wings Fletchling. I have two solutions: a bulky Ponyta > Machop, with moves like Morning Sun for recovery and Will-o-Wisp for burning Fletchling OR a support Kabuto > Machop, as it can set hazards (Stealth Rocks) remove hazards (with Rapid Spin) AND check Fletchling (with Rock Slide and its great physical bulk).

3. (optional) I love my bulky offensive Pokémon, particularly RestTalk Curselax, which could be preferable over your current Munchlax build. Thanks to recovery with Rest and stat-boosting with Curse, a healthy Munchlax with a boost or two can tank an Elekid's Cross Chop or a Bellsprout's Solar Beam. Try it out! If you don't, though, put a Dark-type move on Munchlax to deal with the likes of Gastly.

4. Put Life Orb > Choice Specs on Abra. The only times you need a choice item is typically a Choice Scarf for VoltTurn pivots or revenge killers (like Chinchou). As such, Life Orb provides an equitable amount of power AND you're not locked in!

5. As Kurukaito pointed out, use Smogon-Recomenned EV spreads and Natures, as they have been tried and true! Also, Eviolite > Assault Vest. Eviolite is an Assault Vest, but you can also use status moves AND you also get a defense buff too!

That is all I wish to say. Good luck, have fun, and stay in Little Cup!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)