Exeggutor

but every chlorophyll grass types and sun teams in general have problem with that pokemon:

HEATRAN. the point was to bait heatran in and kill it to let others sweep.

That's not even remotely true. Sawsbuck has Nature Power, Venusaur has Earthquake, Charizard has Focus Blast iirc, Victini has Focus Blast, and I'm pretty sure a few others (Shiftry, maybe?) have Nature Power. Heatran's not that hard to deal with if you're not running Grass/Fire coverage on every Pokemon.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Shiftry has low kick and focus blast. Tangrowth has earthquake. Infernape, Arcanine, and Darmanitan exist. Victreebel can use hp ground/fighting as he has weatherball as his fire attack of choice.

It is true that most chloro sweepers will have problems with heatran. They only have problems because they choose not to run a move they have access to that beats him, in favor of a move that defeats everything else they'd lose to.

I don't play sun frequently so I couldn't list that many examples, so thank you. Heatran is not a problem when you actually use some of your coverage options.

Nobody in the history of the world has run a 252 HP / 252 Def Latios. Ever.

However, while the surprise factor is there, is there any real reason to run SD Exeggutor when its special attack exists? I would think a better set would be mixed with Wood Hammer to threaten special walls. Maybe Sleep Powder / Giga Drain / Wood Hammer / HP Fire? It's not there to sweep, obviously.
Since you're the second person to mention something like this, I'd like to state once and for all that I simply used Max Def for ALL the calculations, regardless if they are common or not to demonstrate the MINIMUM that Wood Hammer would do. Like I said in the OP, the actual damage is likely to be higher.

Unfortunately, Exeggutor's Base Atk is probably a little too average for it to be running Wood Hammer without a boost. Also, in reality the majority of Exeggutor that are physical are likely to run HP Fire because it gets greater coverage with its other moves than Low Kick, even if it is walled by Heatran. So most will still be using its great SpA.

Giga Drain+Wood Hammer is an excellent combo though, since Giga Drain heals the recoil from Wood Hammer. Getting coverage after those two moves is going to be a problem though...

Haha alright, fair enough.

And yeah, that's what I was thinking when suggesting it. And likewise, I don't think coverage is THAT big of a deal, to be completely honest. Sun teams should adequately be able to threaten Heatran and similar Pokemon that resist Grass/Fire. And in this instance, Sleep Powder can cripple the counter. While Wood Hammer is most likely relatively weak without an SD boost, it's still decent, I guess. At that point I'd probably just want to use Leech Seed or something, or make it purely special.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)