Extra points on RU ladder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

So I was on the (new) Smogon PO server today (July 25th) and I was having a few RU battles.
When I first checked my ranking, I had a little over 1100 points. A few battles later, I checked my ranking again and I was first with 1208 points!
I was happy, but I was also surpirsed that I had gained so many points in such a small amount of battles, many of the variations had me gaining fewer than 10 points when I won.

After reaching 1208 points, I had another battle and the variation was +12 -20. I won, and after checking my rank again I saw that I has 1232 points, or 24 more than I had previously, exactly 12 more than the points I should have gained. I just now had another battle where I was supposed to gain only 7 points, but now I have 1253 up from 1232, a gain of 21 points, or 14 more than I should have gained.

I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything special to make this happen. Is this some by-product of the ladder decay system being implemented? (Is there even a ladder decay system, I've never seen it confirmed?).

Now I feel kinda bad for making it to first place, lol.

Is anyone else experiencing this? What do you think?

EDIT: I'm out of town starting in a couple of hours, but I'll try to alert an admin or something before I go.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, it is because of decay. After you go a few days without playing, your rating drops. When you start playing again your rating rises really fast initially to make up for the days you didn't play. Since the server was kept down for weeks, everyone's account decayed a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)