ORAS UU Fake Megas Team

Hey guys, I've played many games with this UU team, and it feels good at times, but at other times it feels it could be improved a little. As the title says, it is a game of "guess the mega" as soon as the battle starts. Any advice would be appreciated!

upload_2015-1-6_2-38-13.png

Abs-ol (Absol) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Everyone always thinks that Absol is the mega on this team, as nobody really uses his non mega form. However, I find this crit set to be very gratifying as it causes rage to be induced when multiple crits are landed in a row. Standard EVs and nature, not much else to say about it other than that it's a powerful physical hitter.

upload_2015-1-6_2-39-45.png

Erectile (Sceptile) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

One of my favourite sets ever. I usually switch him in on something that is weak to grass, IE swamperts, and make them switch out while using Leaf Storm (this is a crazy mind game move as the opponent may then think that he out predicted me). Unburden then gives me the ability to outspeed everything in the tier, and the sweeping commences. Acrobatics is incredibly powerful, and combined with earthquake provide very good coverage. Drain punch restores health, although I am considering leaf blade in its place because leaf storm can only be used once more after the white herb is used.

upload_2015-1-6_2-42-11.png

Aerowacktyl (Aerodactyl) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Aerodactyl is the dedicated rocks setting lead of this team. He counters other leads very well, in particular Galvantula and Forretress. His custom EVs allow him to OHKO Forretress after stealth rocks, and surprises many physical walls sent in against it. Rock slide is for STAB, and taunt rounds out the set.

upload_2015-1-6_2-44-0.png

Swolepert (Swampert) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The actual mega on this team. I wandered around on many megas before trying out this Rest Talk hybrid of the infamous Crocune set. It is definitely not as good as the Crocune set, and I have had mixed successes with it. Running full SpD investment at the moment. Any suggestions to replace/improve this slot in my team would be appreciated; At the moment I use Swampert as a wall/tank (his 4x to grass makes wall a bit of a stretch).

upload_2015-1-6_2-46-25.png

Aladeen (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Substitute

Alakazam is my main special sweeper. Life orb Magic guard is such a great combo, and the mind games I can pull off by switching him into a slower pokemon and setting up Substitutes are incredibly fun. Set gives him maximum coverage, although considering replacing grass knot as sceptile already has leaf storm.

upload_2015-1-6_2-47-47.png

Luswayrio (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Lucario was kind of tacked on at the end, and is the only obvious non-mega on the team. At the moment, Swords dance sweeps are quite common when I play; as soon as I get off an SD 70% of the time its gg. Suggestions welcome, as I was jumping around between mixed, special, and physical Lucario.

Hopefully you enjoyed my first RMT, and please leave some comments and/or advice!

I think u need to change the first three but its fake mega team so,I don't know what to put.
I think krookodile,Amonguss and jirachi/Nidoqueen
But they don't have mega forms.

Hey guys, I've played many games with this UU team, and it feels good at times, but at other times it feels it could be improved a little. As the title says, it is a game of "guess the mega" as soon as the battle starts. Any advice would be appreciated!

Abs-ol (Absol) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Everyone always thinks that Absol is the mega on this team, as nobody really uses his non mega form. However, I find this crit set to be very gratifying as it causes rage to be induced when multiple crits are landed in a row. Standard EVs and nature, not much else to say about it other than that it's a powerful physical hitter.

I don't have the chance to run calcs on this, but if you were to make the other changes, you'd have a free mega slot. Any reason to not run the mega when you can? I understand the crit thing, but Magic Bounce is lovely.

Erectile (Sceptile) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

One of my favourite sets ever. I usually switch him in on something that is weak to grass, IE swamperts, and make them switch out while using Leaf Storm (this is a crazy mind game move as the opponent may then think that he out predicted me). Unburden then gives me the ability to outspeed everything in the tier, and the sweeping commences. Acrobatics is incredibly powerful, and combined with earthquake provide very good coverage. Drain punch restores health, although I am considering leaf blade in its place because leaf storm can only be used once more after the white herb is used.

Sceptile is nice and fast and all, but frankly it's not good enough as a standalone non-Mega. Even the Mega has problems, honestly. What Pokemon, that are common in the current meta, are you hoping to beat with this? Just as an example:

252+ Atk Sceptile Acrobatics (55 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 100-118 (24.7 - 29.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Sceptile Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 124-148 (31.4 - 37.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Sceptile Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 148-176 (45.5 - 54.1%) -- 45.7% chance to 2HKO

And not even a OHKO on Entei:

252+ Atk Sceptile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Entei: 204-242 (54.9 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If you can't reliably 2HKO things with your coverage moves, in addition to not OHKOing something that will assuredly switch in on you, I think you're in for a bit of a problem. Simply put, I think regular Sceptile is outclassed. It doesn't matter if you outspeed everything in the tier if you can't actually kill it.

I understand bluffing the mega, but there's a point when that's not terribly feasible. Switch it for something better. Fast physical attackers with decent coverage in UU can include:

Mega Aerodactyl
Mienshao (coverage isn't super hot but reckless HJK is very powerful)
Mega Beedrill

and Infernape is a great choice for the fast Mixed Attacker spot. It's also a very hard pokemon to predict. Perhaps try:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Earthquake

Bog standard set, but it's still good.

View attachment 33336

Aerowacktyl (Aerodactyl) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Aerodactyl is the dedicated rocks setting lead of this team. He counters other leads very well, in particular Galvantula and Forretress. His custom EVs allow him to OHKO Forretress after stealth rocks, and surprises many physical walls sent in against it. Rock slide is for STAB, and taunt rounds out the set.

I like this set, and frankly haven't ever seen someone use Fire Blast on Aero to counter Forretress. What do you do if Forry hasn't taken SR though? After taunting, do you stay in and eat the Gyro ball? Just curious.

View attachment 33337

Swolepert (Swampert) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The actual mega on this team. I wandered around on many megas before trying out this Rest Talk hybrid of the infamous Crocune set. It is definitely not as good as the Crocune set, and I have had mixed successes with it. Running full SpD investment at the moment. Any suggestions to replace/improve this slot in my team would be appreciated; At the moment I use Swampert as a wall/tank (his 4x to grass makes wall a bit of a stretch).

Like you said, Crocune is just better in this spot. Scald > Waterfall, definitely. Swampert's wall status is tough when a grass coverage move will knock it clean out:

252+ SpA Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Swampert: 360-428 (89.1 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Aladeen (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Substitute

Alakazam is my main special sweeper. Life orb Magic guard is such a great combo, and the mind games I can pull off by switching him into a slower pokemon and setting up Substitutes are incredibly fun. Set gives him maximum coverage, although considering replacing grass knot as sceptile already has leaf storm.

I've always liked the Life Orb Alakazam build, but have had trouble myself as I feel it is just a little too weak. Watch out for scarfers but it's not a bad idea, esp. as Megazam is banned.

Luswayrio (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Lucario was kind of tacked on at the end, and is the only obvious non-mega on the team. At the moment, Swords dance sweeps are quite common when I play; as soon as I get off an SD 70% of the time its gg. Suggestions welcome, as I was jumping around between mixed, special, and physical Lucario.

Hopefully you enjoyed my first RMT, and please leave some comments and/or advice!
Definitely enjoyed the team and the idea, though I think it's more "for fun" than "for winning" to be honest. But I think you can make a few changes and have a serviceable team. Let me know what you think and if you try anything else out! Please find comments in bold above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)