Famous people you have met 2.0

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I met Hillary, Bill and Chelsea Clinton at the boardwalk in NJ
Was a few months before she announced her campagin

I met Tommy Wiseau when he was screening The Room about 8 years ago. I'm pretty sure he's back on tour now that Disaster Artist is out and I promise it's worth seeing him.

Low tier but Brian from Survivor Guatemala was my SAT Reading teacher.

My career has brought me into contact with a few noteworthy mathematicians. The best was when I spent a few weeks getting to talk regularly with Steven Wolfram (of Mathematica and Wolfram Alpha fame) and John Conway (popularly known for Conway's Game of Life).

If you're mentioning Cybertron I guess I'll mention that I've chilled or gone out drinking with just about any popular RPG speedrunner you can think of sometime over the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Was in a traffic jam with mom when I was like 9 up in NY. The car right in front of us had blown a tire or something and backed up the road. Queen Latifah was in the car, she came out and signed a bunch of stuff for all the cars behind her. Really nice person.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I accidentally went to the premiere of Sausage Party at the Fox theater in Westwood, so I got to see Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, Michael Cera and more in a crowd of others.

My career has brought me into contact with a few noteworthy mathematicians.
I made eye contact with Terence Tao at UCLA once, it felt like being blessed by the gods of math... I also passed by his office on a weekly basis on my way to work so I caught glimpses of him there occasionally.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I met Professor Brian Cox in the West End of London and got his autograph, although it was just on the back of a business card I got from the counter of the place where I met him, which got stolen along with my wallet a while back. Harry Styles used to live a 5-minute car journey from where I live and one time I caught a glimpse of him as he was walking to his car. My sister’s choir almost got to perform with Michael Jackson at the O2 Arena, but the night immediately following the day that her choir sent out the email about it to parents was the same night that he was found dead, so it didn’t end up happening. My band supposedly performed in front of Prince Harry once, but I wasn’t told about it until afterwards and I didn’t see him in the audience when I was on stage.

Also, while he’s not technically famous, I’m on friendly terms with person who was the head of VFX in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and I’ve met a lot of other big names in the VFX/SFX industry and a handful of newsreaders both at house parties my Dad’s been invited to and when visiting Leavesdon Studio, Framestore and a sound recording+mixing studio that I’ve forgotten the name of both with school and when offered the opportunity by my Dad due to his work.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
A few handfuls of well known musicians....

Neil Breen is probably the favorite out of the famous ( "famous" ) people I've met, he was such a nice guy and surprisingly really smart.

A friend of mine once rode an Elevator with Bernie Sanders, so that's pretty cool too.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Went to school with Dylan and Cole Sprouse from the Suite Life of Zack and Cody, I've seen em around the streets a couple of times, same deal with US gold medal gymnast Nastia Liukin.

Saw Alec Baldwin and Spike Lee randomly around downtown Manhattan before, but I was half awake so it didn't click in my head to bother them for photos.

Also Knicks LEGEND in the making Kristaps Porzingis aka yung unicorn aka latvian prince aka kristaps porslingdick at a meetup where he was signing autographs.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I saw judie dench walk out of a store in esher once

seen serebii joe at pokemon events a few times but didn't have anything to talk to him about

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ran into John Oliver at the Airport once.

Had a nice chat with UK Deputy PM Nick Clegg in 2014.

Lisa Hannigan is just as stunning irl.

Aziz Ansari.

Bunch of authors: Margaret Atwood, Jeffrey Archer, Salman Rushdie etc

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I saw pokeaim at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
People nobody outside Australia would know (mainly sports personalities) e.g Rugby League players/cricketers. Main one is probably Jamal Idris, went to my high school, see him around all the time. Overrated af player though.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I met Tommy Wiseau when he was screening The Room about 8 years ago. I'm pretty sure he's back on tour now that Disaster Artist is out and I promise it's worth seeing him.

Low tier but Brian from Survivor Guatemala was my SAT Reading teacher.

My career has brought me into contact with a few noteworthy mathematicians. The best was when I spent a few weeks getting to talk regularly with Steven Wolfram (of Mathematica and Wolfram Alpha fame) and John Conway (popularly known for Conway's Game of Life).

If you're mentioning Cybertron I guess I'll mention that I've chilled or gone out drinking with just about any popular RPG speedrunner you can think of sometime over the last 5 years.
Speaking of survivor, I know Spencer from Cagayan/Cambodia irl

I’ve met Garry Kasparov, Ben Bernanke, Tom Price, Jon Huntsman, Adam Grant, Arthur Blank, and shockingly no famous women I can think of... I guess I met most of the us women’s soccer team when I was a kid like Brandi Chastain and Brianna Scurry!

Also I had the same teacher as Usher and Raven Symone.

My teacher's cousin was Dean Koontz and we met him in class. I'm also cousins with a golf player nsmed Jeff Maggert.

Jeremy Lin of the Lakers. we went to the same middle school and high school, and i met/saw him shooting hoops at my former elementary school. Note I'm way younger than him btw. I've met David Shaw, the head coach of Stanford's football team and Michiganhead coach Jim Harbaugh.

BTW Lin, Harbaugh, Davante Adams (Current Injury prone WR for the Packers), And James Franco (Never knew what he does) went to my current high school.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Speaking of being in the same high school...
This scientist was an alumni of my high school-- Jocelyn Bell Burnell
https://gizmodo.com/these-17-women-changed-the-face-of-physics-1689043918
She was so close to getting a Nobel... according to Wikipedia.

She used to visit my school maybe once a year/ 2 years, and gave guest lectures.
So I was in her lecture, and also talked to her a bit.
(My physics teacher liked me a lot back then)

She's the one alumni that my school was most proud of.

Jeremy Lin of the Lakers. we went to the same middle school and high school, and i met/saw him shooting hoops at my former elementary school. Note I'm way younger than him btw. I've met David Shaw, the head coach of Stanford's football team and Michiganhead coach Jim Harbaugh.

BTW Lin, Harbaugh, Davante Adams (Current Injury prone WR for the Packers), And James Franco (Never knew what he does) went to my current high school.
This is really cool. I've actually met Jeremy Lin as well, after a Hornets game (2 seasons ago right?). Not a basketball fan, but went with a bunch of other Chinese families, it was a memorable experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)