ORAS UU Favorite Gen 1 Team

Hey guys, first post on the forums, just want to know what you guys think of my team. My team consists of all of my favorite Pokemon (which is pretty dumb, but I'm stubborn about them), but I do win about half of the matches. Just wondering if there's any improvements I should make. Thanks!

Porygon-Z @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Conversion
- Dark Pulse
- Tri Attack
- Nasty Plot

I mostly use Porygon as a sweeper in-case my Beedrill or Cloyster goes down or if they have a difficult Ghost type. Conversion is used to switch from Normal and Dark, not only for stab but to counter Psychic and Ghost types. Dark Pulse is for the STAB when Porygon uses Conversion. Tri Attack is for the STAB when Porygon is going against anything else. Nasty Plot is used to make Porygon a hell-of-a sweeper. Focus Sash is used to ensure Porygon can get off Conversion or Nasty Plot without being OHKO'd.

Electrode @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Signal Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball

Electrode comes out when there's either a water/flying type I'm sure I could OHKO or if they have someone who needs to be paralyzed. Signal Beam is to counter Psychic, Dark, and Bug types. Thunder Wave is brought to quickly disable sweepers and ensure max damage for Electro Ball. Volt Switch is used for quick damage then bailing. Electro Ball is the most damaging move, due to Electrode's insane speed. Life Orb is used since Electrode is already so easily killed, losing some health for damage is pretty worth it.

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Kangaskhan comes out normally after my Nidoqueen and is mostly used as a counter for Steel or Dark types. Return is her STAB move that deals huge damage that is only countered by Rock, Steel, and Ghost types. Crunch is used to counter Ghost and Psychic types. Earthquake to deal with pesky Electric, Steel, Fire, Rock, and Poison types. Fire Punch is used to deal with Steel and Grass types, especially useful against Ferrothorn. Leftovers is used to keep her in the fight as long as possible.

Cloyster @ Leftovers
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Brine

Cloyster is one of my best sweepers and IMO one of the best sweepers in UU and can take down even a resisted type in a couple of turns. Due to Skill Link, Icicle Spear deals 125 damage, not counting STAB. Spikes are used to if Cloyster is going against a tank who's trying to stall. Shell Smash doubles Cloyster's damage and speed, making it a fantastic sweeper. Leftovers are there to keep Cloyster Icicle Spearing against people it can't kill in one hit.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- Poison Jab
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

As with Cloyster, Beedrill is another extremely strong sweeper who can take care of multiple types, and if it can also get Swords Dance off, it can normally OHKO most tanks. Drill Run ensures heavy damage against most types Bug and Poison are resistant to. Poison Jab is taken to deal with Fairy types and for the poison. X-Scissor is for Dark and Psychic types. Swords Dance is only used if Beedrill can get it off without dying.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

I normally use Nidoqueen first to get Stealth Rock off. Her typing is also very good against many different types. Earth Power and Sludge Wave is used for STAB and dealing with a variety of types. Stealth Rock is used to deal some damage to all Pokemon switching in. Ice Beam is used to deal with most other types.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)