ORAS OU Final ORAS team I'm creating.

Introduction

Hey guys, this is my third RMT and my final ever ORAS OU team I'll be creating with Gen 7 already being out, I'm just waiting on it to be more balanced out. I've been testing out this team, and it seems to do pretty well but I'm not in that high of elo so I thought to post it here anyway for a bit of help where I can have it

The Team

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast

Volcarona is the only Pokémon on my team that can set up against walls or stealth rockers like ferrothorn. It's also the only thing on my team that can effectively deal with steel types, other than the EQ Landorus. Most of the time too, if both me and my oponent open with a rocker/spiker, I'll U-Turn into this from Landorus. It's also a great answer to a mega scizor.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Weavile can be a great revenge killer for me, and usually not many things on a team can take a banded knock off very well. Low kick is there to get rid of the T-Tar's that think it's a good idea to fight Weavile.
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chople Berry Tyranitar: 250-296 (62 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That's a 252 def tyranitar, something I don't see very often. On a regular mega tyranitar set, it will OHKO. If it's a scarfed T-Tar, Weavile still outspeeds it.
T-Tar was a huge threat to my team before, but Weavile covers that nicely. It also supplies heavy damage, although it is just a glass cannon.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Moonblast

Diancie's probably someone I'd be willing to replace if there was a better option, alot of the time, she does little to nothing, and is a dragon type switch in (especially when they make the mistake of outraging while Diancie is still alive). Even though I say this, Diancie does have high damage and can live hits. I'd say Diancie is my janitor, if anything.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Rotom-Wash is also a counter to T-Tar, if Weavile is down. It's trick gimmick too can really mess up the oponent on alot of Pokémon, especially those pesky walls or even a Dugtrio. Nerf burn doesn't apply to ORAS yet, so that's why I have Will-O on it, although I probably would still have it anyway just to shut down the physical sweepers. I also like Volting directly after scarfing the opponent into a bad move (e.g. toxic or stealth rock) into Volcarona if they have a grass type, since they are forced to switch and a grass type is predictable. Volt is just generally a good move to predict the opponent. He's also a decent special wall, something I'm lacking on this team.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
No Nature Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

My usual lead of the team. Stealth Rock is great to widdling down their team, so my damage dealers can hopefully kill them afterwards. It also shuts down pokemon like zard. There's not much to him other than that and that I also use him for intimidate fodder against anyone who is a huge threat and needs to have their damage lowered.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Coverage, and a defogger. I needed a special attacker other than volcarona and something to get rid of hazards, since my team really wouldn't appreciate a sticky web. Latias just fit the bill perfectly. It can also live for a while, with roost. Usually my answer to a dragon type Weavile can't OHKO, since Latias has some more survivability and if nothing, can get them low enough with a dracometeor for Weavile to finish them off with an ice shard. Dragons aren't much of a problem though in this team anyway.

Sorry for bad descriptions, tried my best but I'm not great at it.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Moonblast

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Hey, your team looks pretty solid defensively, you got a fair amount of tubby mons. My one suggestion is probably that Fiery dance>Fire blast on Volcarona. The only thing that would really hurt this team would be a shell smash cloyster with rock blast, if rotom is dead/hasn't burned it yet. I mean, verse a full HP rotom, that's +2 252 Atk Life Orb Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 200-240 (66 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. After stealth Rocks it's a guaranteed OHKO. I mean, but if it's gone, even with a lando-t intimidate, if you bait with the intimidate then tag out and sack something, he might just shell smash AGAIN. If he's running the king's rock set that's gg. I mean, it's a really good team, with only one weakness, but if your opponent is running a Shell Smash Cloyster you might as well forfeit, you have no stops for that. But honestly, replacing a mon or something would completely throw off the balance of the whole team, and I DO like your team. The best check to cloyster would be to trick him while he uses shell smash, locking him into that move, and forcing a switch, which gives you a MASSIVE advantage. So Rotom-W is your only check, but it's SUPER situational.
I really like your team though, and have fun playing it! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)