Battle Spot First team I've built in a while (BS Singles)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, a member for 7 years and just making your first post now..? Incredible.

Why
did you not write it here and use a big screencap of your write-up?? A really odd decision but whatever...

This team struggles a lot with Mega Salamence (outside revenge killing it with Garchomp), and Talonflame to a certain extent. Also, having both Aegislash and Ferrothorn makes you really weak to Fire-types like Blaziken, Rotom-H and Heatran.

First, you I think you could replace Aegislash with Zapdos. This gives you a solid Mence + Talonflame check in one mon and frees up Ferrothorn to be your lone Steel-type. This is the set I'd use:

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 248 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe or 30 Def respectively (whichever Hidden Power Ice spread you can get)
- Discharge
- Hidden Power Ice / Thunder Wave (if you can't get HP Ice, but you really want HP Ice)
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Obviously this means that you can't use a Sitrus Berry on Azumarill, so instead I think you should put a Choice Band on him with Superpower over Belly Drum.

I think the dedicated Baton Pass Blaziken you have is currently way too passive, why not use the standard Life Orb set instead? This allows Blaze to actually do some work, and pairs excellently with Zapdos and Ferrothorn (forming a popular 3-mon core together).

That's about it from me. If you wanna get more into Battle Spot then follow the links in my Signature, you'll be able to find the forum, Showdown chatroom, info hub and analyses. Hope to see you around!

Wow, a member for 7 years and just making your first post now..? Incredible.
Why did you not write it here and use a big screencap of your write-up?? A really odd decision but whatever...

This team struggles a lot with Mega Salamence (outside revenge killing it with Garchomp), and Talonflame to a certain extent. Also, having both Aegislash and Ferrothorn makes you really weak to Fire-types like Blaziken, Rotom-H and Heatran.

First, you I think you could replace Aegislash with Zapdos. This gives you a solid Mence + Talonflame check in one mon and frees up Ferrothorn to be your lone Steel-type. This is the set I'd use:

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 248 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe or 30 Def respectively (whichever Hidden Power Ice spread you can get)
- Discharge
- Hidden Power Ice / Thunder Wave (if you can't get HP Ice, but you really want HP Ice)
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Obviously this means that you can't use a Sitrus Berry on Azumarill, so instead I think you should put a Choice Band on him with Superpower over Belly Drum.

I think the dedicated Baton Pass Blaziken you have is currently way too passive, why not use the standard Life Orb set instead? This allows Blaze to actually do some work, and pairs excellently with Zapdos and Ferrothorn (forming a popular 3-mon core together).

That's about it from me. If you wanna get more into Battle Spot then follow the links in my Signature, you'll be able to find the forum, Showdown chatroom, info hub and analyses. Hope to see you around!

Haha, I dunno how it ended up as a screencap. I actually wrote it up in OneNote, then I copied and pasted. Something seems to have gone wrong, but it's readable so there's that. And yeah, I used to play a decent amount of competitive back in Gen 4 (probably when I made my account), but then I started university and didn't get much time to play, let alone teambuild, usually just using premade teams I found on the forums. Now that I'm done, I've started getting back into playing seriously, and I figured why not finally use my account!

And thanks for the help. Zapdos seems like a really great add to this team, going to try it out (along with changing up Azumarill). Then I'll work on Blaziken. Thanks for the advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)