ORAS LC FIRST TEAM LC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm whoareyouiam. I'm sort off a newb to the competitive pokemon scene and I want to get better. Please tell me how my team can be stronger, as I know that I need to improve IMMENSELY. That being said, heres my team

CRAN BRAN (Cranidos) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

This guy is my revenge killer, as his Choice Scarf and great type coverage. Zen Headbutt suprises everyone who uses Fighting types, Earthquake is a great STAB, Superpower takes care of Normal and Rock types, and Stone Edge does work against Ice and Flying types.

DWEEEEEE (Dwebble) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Entry hazard setter, and very hard to kill with the Sturdy/Berry Juice combo. Gives me two turns to set up Spikes and Stealth Rock, which is more than enough. Knock Off takes care of Eviolites and Rock Blasts can get some early kills.

ZIGZAZOOOOM (Zigzagoon) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 108 Def / 28 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief
- Protect

Take care of the Ghost, Rock, and Steel types and you can sweep SO WELL. Belly Drum is awesome and Extreme Speed makes their health bars go from 100 to 0 reeeeeeeeeal quick. Thief i have just in case I have to deal with a Ghastly. I don't really use Protect too much because thats a turn where I ain't ZOOOOOOOMING through their team.

CROACRUNK (Croagunk) @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 124 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Knock Off

My defensive option. If there is anything that should change, it should probably be this guy. I just don't know which Pokemon I should change him to.

RAKATTACK (Spinarak) @ Eviolite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Protect

STICK WEB. This guy I throw in after I set up Stealth Rock and Spikes. Switch in's are a nightmare now for the enemy, as they get chunked for 25% and get slowed. Plus, this little guy hits hard with Megahorn.

PWNIARD (Pawniard) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 240 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Sucker Punch

Fast and efficient. Knock off is such a great move. And sucker punch deals a ton of damage.

Thats my team. Please feel free to critique and add what I should change. Thank you :)

If you don't need protect, replace it with Shadow Claw for the Gastlys. Also, Croagunk's job is much better done as a staller by many others, including lileep (uncommon, I know), but if you want a more offensive option, then I say go with Scraggy @ Eviolite. That thing is a bastard to take down.

DEG

the night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude, seems like a cool team but it contains hole which I'll try to fix quickly since I don't have much time.

First of all while looking generally on the team I noticed the choice of the sticky webs used which was Spinarak that is completely outclassed at this job by Surskit, it has a great speed tier when full speed, good stab move in scald and usually run a coverage move such as Ice Beam or Giga Drain. So I'd say to replace Spinarak by Surskit.
Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Your team seems too reliant on hazards, you have Pawniard which helps against defoggers but rapid spinner such as Drilbur or Staryu can freely spin on your team so I'd recommend replacing Zigzagoon by Pumpkaboo Super which beats both of these 1on1 (except if starmie's running ice beam) adding to that your weakness to fighting types which isn't favorable in LC.
Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Since you're running a sticky webs team, a pawniard checks become needed and looking like you're also weak to fighting types the choice of croagunk is great, but you could run a more offensive variant, such as a nasty plot set that can deal great damage to your opponent.
Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Icy Wind
- Vacuum Wave

You could also try, Bulk up Timburr or Scraggy which both can check Pawniard pretty well. I'm a fan of Timburr myself as it's bulk up set can affect great damage to the opponent's and is not weak to fighting like scraggy which your team already suffers to, so I'll leave the set here.
Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Since you're using a scarf Pawniard, I guess running Pursuit>Sucker Punch better as it can trap psychic and ghost types that can be a pain to deal with.

to

to

Nasty Plot or
Bulk Up
Pursuit>Sucker Punch

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)