VGC First Team VGC (VGC'18 - Trick Room)

Good Morning! I am a newbie in VGC format and I decided to learn and know more about, taking advantage of the entry of 2018 and the new rules of this year. I made this Trick Room team to train as the first of the format, and I would really appreciate any advice or help to improve the team, please.

First of all, I apologize for my English.

1513947113291.png

Assembly (Stakataka) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Trick Room
- Protect
One of the team's Trick Rom users. There is not much to say about it. Chople Berry helps to hold Mega Kangaskhan's Drain Punch and Pheromosa's High Jump Kick (at worst in these cases) to use the Trick Room if needed after a kill or at the start of the match. I preferred to leave the defense IV in 31 to boost survival.

1513947130255.png

El Toro (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect
Chosen to be used in conjunction with Stakataka because of the terrain of grass, reducing the power of land-type strikes, but doing well even alongside other partners. Wood Hammer to hit hard on all who can not resist, Horn Leech for cases where life is limited and Grassium Z in case I need to hit hard before death or eliminate some urgent threat.

1513947218718.png
1513947226213.png

Kilauea (Camerupt) (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Protect
Someone made to hit, and beats very well! 145 in Special Attack in union to Sheer Force make Mega Camerupt a great special attacker, destroying everything that does not. Nature Power was the choice to take advantage of grass terrain, if necessary, used against Tapu Fini, Gastrodon and any other water / ground type and with the bonus of becoming Thunderbolt, Psychic and moonblast if need arise. Protect allows you to be unhurt in the turns where Trick Room should be used.

1513947254078.png

Slow...? (Slowbro) (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 26 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
My second Trick Room user, enduring Pheromosa's High Jump Kick and any other physical attackers who do not hit their weaknesses. Mental Herb has been chosen in place of leftovers to deal with Taunt and related that may disrupt the use of movement.

1513946635757.png

Downgrade (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 16 SpA / 108 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Recover
Last Trick Room user, but not least. Thanks to Eviolite, it can withstand its greatest weakness, the fight type hits, being 2HKO of the strongest and giving time to use the Trick Room. Your biggest and only enemy is Taunt and its users.

1513946686677.png

Kamelot (Escavalier) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Protect
Escavalier is here as a great Trick Room user, because of his almost zero speed. The only problem with this Pokémon is its lack of really good moves. Iron Head will hit the fairies, Megahorn helps me against Mega Tyranitar, Cresselia or anyone else who can not resist, Knock Off helps to hit Blacephalon and take important items like Eviolite or fruit. Protect is there for both when the Trick Room ends up needing to be used again, and to predict some movement of the opponent.

Again, thank you for all the help right away and apologize so much for not being able to explain exactly what each Pokémon on the team would do, as well as for my extremely horrible English. A great day for all and a Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
You have 3 trick room setters. Full trick room teams usually only have two. Any more than that honestly limits any other options during team preview in my opinion. I also noticed that you don't have any Fake Out users or any form of redirection. Your team is very obviously a Trick Room team. Amoonguss + Kang as a lead could honestly spell trouble for any leads you could use besides maybe Stakataka + Bulu, but even then, Trick Room gets denied.
Though itmay seem arbitrary,CHALK is still quite relevant and every team should have an answer for their Trick Room matchup. (Disregard my RMT no one posted on that eschews any traditional answers to Trick Room like Taunt or Roar, etc.) I'd also suggest using an attack boosting Stakataka. It gets worn down and has no access to recovery. Defense boosts don't exactly aid with anything. If survivability is your issue, you can always use Mimikyu. With fake out and/or redirection, you are not going to have as much of an issue with survivability.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions as far as your team goes other than dropping Slowbro. Maybe putting a Milotic here would further dissuade your opponent from Intimidating your Stakataka. I usually don't run Trick Room teams and I think personally Stakataka requires way too much support to be very viable. That and Aegislash walls it completely. Not a bad first try, though. I really wish I could make this work better for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)