ORAS UU First UU Team -- Still Needs Rating / Help

So I'm relatively new to teambuilding, but I got thrown into Showdown and Smogon and I just went with the flow, tossing random stuff together. This was the result, and I regret nothing.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Simply put, Porygon-Z is essentially the Special Attack nuke of the team. 252 SpA gives it a decently massive 404, and that's further increased by the Specs on it. It's not the wallbreaker, more so first off the bat, but the 2x STAB given by Adaptability makes Tri Attack a monster against almost anything that gets hit by it. HP Fighting itself is also a spec move, and is quite useful in breaking up the pesky rock and steel types that resist Tri Attack. If a ghost comes around, being able to resist the first two, Dark Pulse is enough to OHKO most ghosts. And Ice Beam comes in handy against the various Flying- or Dragon-types that I inevitably run into.

Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Seed
Though not the best choice of things to toss out there, being weak to bug, flying, fire, and double weak to ice, I've found the ability to hit everything it is weak to [excluding bug] with a super effect right back very useful. Pushing a decent attack mixed with life orb, Torterra's mostly a powerhouse with a Bullet Seed to break Sturdy / Sash.

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
A lot of people will get on me for this one, but Ninjask is the setup of the team. Carrying Swords Dance and Speed Boost, switching between Sub and Protect can get a decent setup going before BPing to one of the attack-oriented teammates.

Flygon @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw
Simply put, this Flygon is set to be a vicious killer with three STAB moves, two of which carry an excellent power to them. With a Choice Band boosting an already-respectable attack, the only real issue I've found with it is if an Ice Shard can connect it's game over.

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Brave Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
I do seem to love my physical attackers... anyways. Sashed Rampardos, if put in early with no entry hazards, can utterly decimate almost anything thrown at it because of the massive attack and variety of moves here, giving an almost universal coverage. So I've been using him at just that - an early-game sweeper.

Glaceon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Frost Breath
- Ice Beam
Finishing off the team with a much-needed Ice-Type, Glaceon here is essentially the last thing I would've thought of. But since there's not many chances to tear into less specially-defensive pokes from the rest of the team, the primary setup is there mostly to pack as much a punch as possible, with frost breath there to crit constantly.

So. Opinionate away.

/read the rules but doesn't know if this follows them fully whoops

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)