ORAS UU Fish and lobster

Hey everybody,

when I heard of the hydreigon suspect I was pretty certain that UU would soon have one dragon less. So I figure its time to share one of my better teams I built a few weeks ago. At the time I was trying to build legit triple water spam (dont judge me) but came to the conclusion that I should stick with a little more viable stuff. So I settled on my starting core of crawdaunt and mega sharpedo which was the start to my waterspam team:

I obviously started the team with my waterspam core.

While daunt+pedo weaken each others checks/counters it´s always nice to have a better steel type answer. Also provides stealth rock and an electric immunity.

Next up I needed something that can handle bulky setup and added whimsicott like on every single one of my offense teams. Its also a nice scald switchin and helps with handling bulky waters and dreigon.

Well you can figure by now that stuff like fighting types/mega aero destroy me so I added the all around check doublade. Also lets me handle fairies better.

At this point fire types were a problem, especially chandelure. So I added a fire check that also lets me handle burns and functions as my unexpected chandy-removal-tool aka pursuit lax.

In depth:

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer

With hydreigon leaving the tier, crawdaunt has one check less which means the lobster is broken now is even better now. Crawdaunt pretty much obliterates bulky teams after an SD and is also quite the problem to offensive teams due to priority Aqua Jet. It also shares many checks with sharpedo and can weaken said mons to make sharpedos job easier. Given a free turn not many things can handle this mon anymore. Nowadays you basically have to run jolly because sylveon is a problem, still the loss in power is noticable.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature

- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Destiny Bond

Next up: Mega sharpedo. Combined with crawdaunt the two of them really pressure opposing water/dark checks and most of the time manage to overpower them. I´m obviously running a jolly nature so you can outspeed most problematic scarfers even though that also leads to a loss in power ( you can argue that adamant is viable here I guess). I decided to run Destiny Bond over Ice Fang simply because you should in theory be able to deal with dragon/grass types without it and DB often lets you remove a key threat like mega aggron because people simply dont expect it.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor

The next addition was mamoswine. I needed an electric immunity, stealth rock and I wanted to add a little more priority to handle hydreigon better. Obvious choice: mamo. I was originally running Crash over Endeavor to hit grass types for more damage but after Spoofz kindly tested the team a bit for me he suggested to ditch Crash and run Endeavor instead. This change often lets me severly weaken steel types by preserving mamo early game. Still this only lets me handle steel types to some extend which means without dreigon you can prolly run smth else over mamo.

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn

I looked really weak to bulky setup at this point and had no scald switchin whatsoever so I added my go to answer on offensive teams: Whimsicott. Whimsi is also my only real hydreigon "switchin". You play it quite recklessly basically whenever stuff like gyara would have the chance to DD you go hard into it and threaten with Encore. I run Yache Berry as a way to handle mega pert ( basically water types with ice type coverage in general) better, but I guess you could argue lefties and Energy Ball. Encore gives crawdaunt an opportunity to come in and spread terror so that fits really nicely aswell.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

So far I had no way to deal with many physical attackers: M-aero, Fighting types in general, metagross etc. So I added doublade as my overall check for the tons of physical mons out there. It also allows me to spinblock my hazards after mamo is gone and helps with handling fairies. Whimsicott also doesnt really defeat bulky setup like cress or reuniclus so doublade fit really well on here cause it deals with these mons easily. It also adds yet another win condition/priority.

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

We are almost there. The last thing that really stood out to me was my fire type weakness(especially chandelure). Other than that several special attackery still were problematic so after some thinking I settled on CB snorlax. Due to lax special bulk it can reliably switch into most special moves and easily removes chandelure with pursuit. Facade even enables it to switch into scald and makes for surprising dmg output after getting burned. I am still debating running Fire Punch or EQ, but I opted for Fire Punch so far to hit forry/celebi for more dmg as most fire types are OHKoed after SR anyways.

Threats:

Steel types:

Really a pain to handle especially as I have no real way of breaking them and wish pass+ Mega Aggron is a thing

Fire types:

Even though I can revenge kill them with my water types I dont really enjoy switching into them

Fighting types/Knock Off:

Knock off is a thing so doublade/whimsi sometimes fail to deal with them, especially when they are paired with other strong physical attackers.

Conclusion:

I honestly dont ladder much apart from suspect tests but when testing the team it did ok for me ( smth like 40-12).
Other than that I hope you enjoyed reading this and I wish you all a nice day :]

Huge shoutouts to the rmt room in general, a lot of nice people on there that helped me with every shit team I came up with and thought me a lot about mons in general.
Spoof for helping me with the team and being inspirational
Mr.Surgeon Really nice person and also kind of my tutor thanks for everything
Panther-T Helped a lot with mons overall and always takes the time to guide casuals like me
SilverSoulGuest I hope they make you the next voice ;)
Sovjet Onion for introducing me to mons and being a friend overall
Cyndequil. for helping me a lot with other teams
SimonServine4 for staying with me when the rmt room is empty once again

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Destiny Bond

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Last edited:

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
sup saw your team, thought I might leave a rate. So overall your team was aiming to beat threats through typing or priority which meant you either lacked switch ins, were too slow overall, or you had one mon checking a lot of threats which is pretty rough. So I wanted to at least give you answers to some of these mons by switching a few mons around since mons like NP infernape could solo your team with rocks up, which is pretty rough.

-So to start you off we need to fix that infernape weakness right quick and to do that we can try allocating a few roles on this team:
------------->

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Memento
- Trick

• By doing this we at least continue to make the fighting types think twice before clicking fighting stab since there is still a ghost on this team, except now you have a decent counter to most infernape sets besides scarf which is still hard checked by chande barring they dont click stone edge or earthquake. memento gives you opportunities to possibly get an SD up with crawdaunt if you no longer have a need for the chande. This also gives you another check to entei and steels.
-Next I saw you had the issue of strong knockoffs being a pain and your team now lost an aero check, so to build around this I switched:
----------->

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat

• With this you gain an aero check, krook check, mamo check, and you also make fightings think twice about locking themselves into rock move or knock off fearing SD coba taking advantage of this. You also keep rocks as well as boost the overall speed of your team. LO dreigon also gain another check taking the pressure off whimsi with teams carrying a mega pert+hydreigon core. This also gave you a way of dealing with heavier steels that may be blocking your team as you are now capable of taking advantage of them by SDing up.
Thats about all I could really think off to try and boost the team but like if I had to make one small tune up, its maybe energy ball>giga drain as the nature of this team isnt really longevity but more so break it or flake it. Good luck with the team dude seems fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)