SM OU Fix my Team

I been trying to fix my team for a long time. Having 3 Pokemon weak to dark moves such as knock off is not ideal at all.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

My late sleeper. He can come on hazards and do lots of damage. The mega ability Trace allows me to take advantage of water or sand abilities that make increase speed (excadrill, swampert) as well as slow down choice scarf users such as Landours with their intimidate.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Not much needs to be said here. Leech Seed and Protect to stall out teams. Very few Pokémon can kill him in one shot. Once seeded I use protect and switch between Chandelure, Tapu Fini to stall out the opponent. I recently switched to Knock Off over Gyro Ball to give me a chance against scarfed Kartana

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes
I normally start off with Scolipede unless I believe they are using a hazard user such as Shuckle or Landours. Earthquake catches a bunch of the steel Pokémon off guard especially heatran and magnezone. Protect and one of the moves will KO most Pokémon on 2 shots. It also catches taunt users off guard such as Tapu Koko

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Another late sweeper. He can outspeed most Pokemon and takes a hit much better than Alakazam can. Trick is mostly used for Chansey. Latios can outspeed scarf less Kartana which is the Pokémon that gives my team that most trouble.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Tapu Fini has been my lead more recently as players are using more hazards leads. Taunt and Defog can clean up nearly all of that. Misty Surge is also great to cancel out Tapu Koko’s electric terrain and give Hawlucha his speed boost that can bury my team.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Chandelure is great for taking on Chansey as well as a Pokémon such as Celesteela trying to use flamethrower on Ferrothorn or Scolipede. I tried running with Blacephalon but he can’t take a hit even from a fire move. A choice item would get rid of my defense for Chansey. Substitute also keeps sucker punch users such as. Bisharp away.

Hawlucha, Kartana, Mega Pinsir, Mega Scizor, Tyranitar are Pokemon that tend to give me the most problems. Let me know which Pokémon should be my replacement

Hey, I wanna see if I can help you out with that. I think you could honestly do without Scolipede. Adding Battle Bond Greninja I think would be better. You can set up spikes and bluff people to swtich because the last thing they want is you to get Battle Bond and that way you can still keep a hazard setter pokemon to help your team sweep.

A problem I see on this team as well is that you have too many glass cannons that don't necessarily help each other out. I think the Chandelure is glaringly misplaced on this team. If you're looking for a pokemon to counter Chansey Heatran is a better choice. Chandelure is easily countered by many OU pokemon even with the sub set up. Heatran actually traps Chansey via Magma Storm and combos with taunt to stop Chansey from healing with Soft-Boiled. In fact Heatran counters so hard that people will practically never keep in Chansey with a Heatran out. Not only that but Heatran helps to counter most Fairies which are a pretty big problem on your team. Heatran is bulkier plus immune to toxic and is roughly the same speed in case you want an offensive Heatran.

Now, you don't need Latios on this team because you have enough sweeping potential as it is. I would switch out Latios for Zapdos. Zapdos is practically the number 1 counter to Kartana and Scizor (aside from Magnet Pull Magnezone). It can also stop Hawlucha who can threaten this team as well.

Your team maybe needs some other slight tweaks but those are the things I see wrong with this team. Hope I helped!

Last edited:
Hey, I wanna see if I can help you out with that. I think you could honestly do without Scolipede. Adding Battle Bond Greninja I think would be better. You can set up spikes and bluff people to swtich because the last thing they want is you to get Battle Bond and that way you can still keep a hazard setter pokemon to help your team sweep.

A problem I see on this team as well is that you have too many glass cannons that don't necessarily help each other out. I think the Chandelure is glaringly misplaced on this team. If you're looking for a pokemon to counter Chansey Heatran is a better choice. Chandelure is easily countered by many OU pokemon even with the sub set up. Heatran actually traps Chansey via Magma Storm and combos with taunt to stop Chansey from healing with Soft-Boiled. In fact Heatran counters so hard that people will practically never keep in Chansey with a Heatran out. Not only that but Heatran helps to counter most Fairies which are a pretty big problem on your team. Heatran is bulkier plus immune to toxic and is roughly the same speed in case you want an offensive Heatran.

Now, you don't need Latios on this team because you have enough sweeping potential as it is. I would switch out Latios for Zapdos. Zapdos is practically the number 1 counter to Kartana and Scizor (aside from Magnet Pull Magnezone). It can also stop Hawlucha who can threaten this team as well.

Your team maybe needs some other slight tweaks but those are the things I see wrong with this team. Hope I helped!
Thank you for the reply.

I really like the Heatran suggestion as I can play him super similarity to how I play Chandelure. Definitely a move I’m looking to make.

Not sure about replacing Scolipede. I use him as a lead off attacker as people are expecting me to play him as a hazard setter. I get a lot of stunts which I take advantage of. His earthquake allows me to KO ground players like Heatran and Excadrill unexpectedly although I guess Greninja can do the same thing.

Haven’t given a lot of thought to Zapdos. I like Latios and his trick as his backup to dealing with Pokémon like Chansay and others that can get a quick boost and are immune to status such as clefable.

Thank you for the reply.

I really like the Heatran suggestion as I can play him super similarity to how I play Chandelure. Definitely a move I’m looking to make.
Not sure about replacing Scolipede. I use him as a lead off attacker as people are expecting me to play him as a hazard setter. I get a lot of stunts which I take advantage of. His earthquake allows me to KO ground players like Heatran and Excadrill unexpectedly although I guess Greninja can do the same thing.

Haven’t given a lot of thought to Zapdos. I like Latios and his trick as his backup to dealing with Pokémon like Chansay and others that can get a quick boost and are immune to status such as clefable.
Honestly not many people lead with hazard setters. They lead with mons that give them momentum and lets them scout your sets. Mons like Scarf Landorus U turn Turn 1 so they can pivot out into a mon that they can reliably switch into and give them momentum.

Also I would suggest running modest zam (more damage) which is more preferred over timid since modest still gives u a speed tie with mons like Ash Greninja while packing more of a punch. Recover over dazzling gleam since focus blast cover most dark and steel types and recover gives zam some reliable recovery.

In a metagame where Clefable rules as a rock setter I would reccomend gyro ball in order to be able to come in on clefable 2HKO it or get up rocks (just watchnout for fire move clef and knock off). Clefable is also unaffected by Leech seed so another eason to run gyro ball. Magnezone traps Ferrothorn with Magnet pull and even with a leech and protect combo it can only go for so long. It also gives the rest of your team trouble with T Bolt spam so I recommend a solid ground type in maybe CB Zygarde over Scolipede since it has a way better movepool and can beat metagame trends such as Heatran and revenge kill mons with E Speed

I have more to say but I cant today so yeah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)