ORAS OU For a fading star another one rises

Hi everybody, hope you all are doing fine. This is my first team after a huge hiatus (I stopped playing competitively upon the release of 5th generation); I was convinced to do it again after a friend proposed me to teach me what was new. After a few testing I came up with this team I'm presenting to the forums, looking for some tips to improve both the team's consistency and maybe to discover something new.

___________________​

Building

Clefable was, back then, a pokémon that always got my interest thanks to the nice bulkyness it had and its ability Magic Guard, that made it excellent in para-shuffle teams since it's immune to all recoils and side damages like sandstorm, Life Orb etc. Upon gen VI its type was changed from Normal to Fairy, so it was just another reason why I choose it for the building process.

Then it came almost natural to me to pair with Bisharp: on paper, they were a pretty nice couple, since it's able to switch on a huge portion of Clefable's counters without any big problem in doing so. Also it provided a nice support with Knock Off.

Gliscor come next to enter on Bisharp's counters like Fire-Types and physical bulky threats, stalling them and giving an harder time thanks to Taunt and Toxic.

Following counter system, Jirachi was the ideal option overall, providing additional support and being a nice counter to Ice-users like Weavile that bother Gliscor a lot.

After a quick check of threat list, I opted for the Dragonite / Azelf pair to cover some, but this wasn't the best option: I don't like suicide leads overall and this team wasn't aggressive enough to compensate the fact I would actually play with a 5-man team. Also this provided more problems than solutions, because I was way too exposed to some threats and I would have been forced to change almost every set I had in mind. My team also lacked a Mega-Evolution.

The solution came by removing the Azelf / Dragonite pair in favor to a Keldeo / Latios one, and by removing Bisharp in favor to Tyranitar; in this way my team still covered most of the threats, and gained a lot more in aggressiveness and worked much better.

___________________​

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost

This set is actually pretty standard. I was thinking of a more support/stalling set with substitute / toxic / protect / roost, but this provided a better support overall to the team.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Scald
- Sacred Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Keldeo is the main revenge-killer of the party; Hidden Power [Electric] is chosen above Icy Winds since this team has not many problems with Dragon-threats.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Set is pretty standard; Jirachi acts like a special sponge and in general as support thanks to the Thunder Wave and Hazards.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Choice Specs is here chosen above Scarf so that, in case of Trick, the opposing pokémon doesn't become a revenge killer in case of bad prediction from my side.

Clefable (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

Thunderbolt is chosen here above Thunder Wave both for a major aggressiveness and because I am still DPPTer at heart ♥

Tyranitar (F) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch / Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Tyranitar had always been one of my favorite pokémons so I was more than happy in my choice of using it. DD with the Mega-Evolution gives it a very nice boost in both speed and attack and it happened of winning with it at +2. Fire Punch was chosen above Superpower both to not lose the attack boost and to not lower its defence. I am not sure if use the Crunch or Ice Punch, since the last one would stop Gliscor, Garchomp, and Landorus-T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)