For Old Time's Sake

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey guys, Stallion here with my first Gen 5 Warstory with my old friend PK Gaming. This match took place in the very first week of alpha testing, where nobody knew what worked and what didn't and everyone was trying new things. Teams will be kept secret at the start of the battle!

My comments will be in blue.
PK Gaming's comments will be in green.
KO's will be shown, and health will be shown when a pokemon comes into battle (if you guys want sprites every turn, I'll edit them in later on request, I'm running late for uni as we speak).
The log has been provided by PK Gaming (hence my pokemon being referred to as "the foes")

Battle between PK Gaming and Stallion started!

Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Evasion Clause
Rule: OHKO Clause
Rule: Species Clause

Deoxys-S - 100 %

Hippowdon - 100 %

Stallion sent out Deoxys-S!
PK Gaming sent out Hippowdon!
The foe's Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!
Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

Ok so I lead with Deoxys-S (it isn't banned as of yet, and I don’t think it will be due to Mischievous Heart users) and PK Gaming leads with a Hippowdon. Sandstorm has been the dominant playstyle this metagame due to what I believe is the number one threat, Doryuuzu (and to a lesser extent the Ground/Flying genie). That mole coupled with Balloon is ridiculous, so with that in mind I decide which pokemon of mine will be most important this game. Anyway, turn one is pretty standard. He’ll probably Earthquake predicting my Taunt, but I have max HP ev’s so I’m going to only be 3hkoed, allowing me to get up a layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock as well barring hax. Not too bad if you ask me.

Stallion leads with a Deoxys-S lead. Anticipating the incoming taunt, I decided to Earthquake Deoxys-S for the potential 2HKO.

Start of turn 1
The foe's Deoxys-S used Taunt!
Hippowdon fell for the taunt!

Hippowdon used Earthquake!
The foe's Deoxys-S lost 45% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Deoxys-S is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Deoxys-S restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

He Earthquakes as I thought, so the next two turns are pretty trivial – I obviously want to get as many layers up as possible so I click Stealth Rock this turn.

That did signficantly less than I thought. Wasn't it supposed to be frail?!? There really isn't any point in switching, so I decide to go for another EQ. I don't have a spinner, so I can see those entry are going a problem for my team.

Start of turn 2
The foe's Deoxys-S used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around PK Gaming's team!

The foe's Deoxys-S lost 44% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Deoxys-S is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Deoxys-S restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Time to get a layer of Spikes in!

I can't really do much else but Earthquake. I loath the fact that he got up 2 layers of spikes and I can see it costing me big time.

Start of turn 3
The foe's Deoxys-S used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of PK Gaming's team!

The foe's Deoxys-S lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Deoxys-S fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Hippowdon's taunt ended!
Stallion sent out Sazando!

Deoxys-S - 0 %

Sazando - 100 %

Hippowdon - 100 %

6-5: PK Gaming - Stallion

Out comes my Specs Sazando, my favourite pokemon in the entire metagame. It hits harder then Latias by a fair margin, isn’t Pursuit weak and still has that awesome immunity to Spikes and neutrality to Stealth Rock. I run a Modest nature cause the Base 100’s are speed creeps who go for + speed natures anyway, and my team doesn’t mind losing out on beating Timid Sazando. We played the first three/four turns of a match already before, but PK Gaming haxed the shit out of me so he forfeited and rematched with me. Last time, my Sazando would have hit his Nattorei with Fire Blast on the predicted switch but it missed. This time, I have a feeling he’ll keep Nattorei safer so I’m going to Draco Meteor and destroy whatever comes in, doing upwards of 60 % even to Jirachi.

I was afraid of seeing that. Sazando is actually a huge problem for this team because I have literally 0 safe switch in's. I'm pretty sure he's going to lead with Draco Meteor. Then again, I've seen Stallion lead with Fire Blast to catch all steel typed pokemon. I decide to play safe and go to my Suicune.

Start of turn 4
PK Gaming called Hippowdon back!
PK Gaming sent out Suicune!
Pointed stones dug into Suicune!
Suicune is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Sazando used Draco Meteor!
Suicune lost 304 HP! (75% of its health)
The foe's Sazando's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Suicune fainted!

That worked out pretty well, although it leaves me in a vulnerable state. At this stage I’m pretty sure Nattorei will be coming in. Even if he has the mole, he isn’t going to risk trying to sweep with it so early.

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Sazando is buffeted by the sandstorm!
PK Gaming sent out Breloom!
Pointed stones dug into Breloom!
Breloom is hurt by spikes!

Suicune - 0 %

Sazando - 94 %

Breloom - 82 %

5-5: PK Gaming - Stallion

Hmm, Breloom is fairly annoying to my team. A -2 Specs Draco Meteor would most likely still maim it terribly, so I can deduce that this is a Technician user. This means that PK is probably going to go for the safe route and Mach Punch with it. I don’t have anything that particularly likes taking one, but I’m sure my Erufuun won’t be 2HKOed with hp and defensive EV’s and I can Stun Spore it, Encore it as I die, and set up on it!

That did a signficant amount of damage so I can I assume it's a Specs variant. I can switch into Nattorei to setup spikes, but I think I'll switch in Breloom to nab the KO with Technician Mach Punch.

Start of turn 5
Stallion called Sazando back!
Stallion sent out Erufuun!

Breloom used Mach Punch!
The foe's Erufuun lost 54% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Erufuun is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Breloom is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Erufuun restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Erufuun - 46 %
Breloom - 66 %

That did a bit more damage then I’d like. There isn’t much I can do at this point, so I’m just going to paralyse it with my + 1 priority Stun Spore and let something slower kill it.

He doesn't fall for it and switches in his Erufuun. Breloom does a healthy chunky of damage with Mach Punch, and I decide to use it again for the 2HKO.

Start of turn 6
The foe's Erufuun used Stun Spore!
Breloom is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Breloom is paralyzed! It can't move!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Erufuun is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Erufuun restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

That was a tad lucky, Erufuun can be a pretty handy teammate to have around so I decide to keep it alive and switch out to the very bulky Roopushin.

Don't you just hate that meanspirited hax? I don't really mind Breloom being paralyzed, but the Full Paralyzation was annoying. I'm pretty sure he's going to switch into something that can absorb mach punch, so I decide to go for Bullet Seed.

Start of turn 7
Stallion called Erufuun back!
Stallion sent out Roopushin!

Breloom is paralyzed! It can't move!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Roopushin is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Roopushin restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Roopushin - 100 %
Breloom - 54 %

See the comment above. That was pretty lucky once again, although Roopushin would take only 30 odd % from Mach Punch anyway. This is an Iron Fist Substitute/Payback/Mach Punch/Focus Punch Roopushin, a great revenge killer and heavy hitter with its base 140 attack. He’ll probably go to Hippowdon, but I’m not going to risk him attacking me and causing me to waste a turn Focus Punching so I decide to go the safe route and substitute.

Curse that stun spore. I'm quite sure that Bullet seed would have dealt a healthy chunk of damage to Roopushin. I decide to cut my loses and switch into Hippowdon to take on whatever Roopushin might use.

Start of turn 8
PK Gaming called Breloom back!
Pointed stones dug into Hippowdon!
Hippowdon is hurt by spikes!
Shace is watching the battle.

The foe's Roopushin used Substitute!
The foe's Roopushin made a substitute!

The sandstorm rages!
Hippowdon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Time to Focus Punch him…from memory with Iron Fist + Max attack it should definitely do easily over fifty percent damage, therefore leaving me in an advantageous position.

So it's a Sub Punch set? I'm pretty Hippowdon can handle it. I decided to go for an Earthquake instead of roaring, so I can get a slack off next turn.

Start of turn 9
The foe's Roopushin is tightening its focus!
The foe's Roopushin's substitute faded!

The foe's Roopushin used Focus Punch!
Hippowdon lost 244 HP! (58% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

To be honest I thought it’d do more; Hippowdon is a bulky mofo especially with investment. My number one goal is to get Sazando in on an Earthquake from a low health Hippo so I am free to choose any move as opposed to be forced to Draco Meteor. This will make him more likely to lose a pokemon due to misprediction or simply prevent the mole from easily setting up on me. Knowing this, I decide to Focus Punch predicting the Slack Off to bait an Earthquake next turn.

Focus Punch ends up dealing a hefty amount of damage to my Hippowdon. I decide to Slack off regardless of if he predicts it and Focus Punches me. Even if ends up Focus Punching again, I don't really mind. I just need my Hippowdon at high health take on whatever physical threat he might have.

Start of turn 10
Hippowdon used Slack Off!
Hippowdon regained health!

Hippowdon lost 247 HP! (58% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Step one complete. PK has been playing relatively conservatively all battle and probably won’t try and risk a critical hit, so I’m guessing he’ll Earthquake and leave my Sazando a free switch in!

He predicts the Slack Off and decides to Focus Punch again. It seems that were at a standstill but I refuse to allow my Hippowdon to be weakened.

Start of turn 11
Stallion called Roopushin back!

The sandstorm rages!

I got Sazando in safe, but not without Hippowdon recovering all his health. I have two realistic options here, Draco Meteor and Fire Blast. I initially clicked on a Fire Blast because my gut instinct told me that Nattorei was coming in, but I outpredicted PK before. I was worried about him cottoning on to that and predicting my predicts, so in the end I decide to go with Draco Meteor. Best case scenario, he has a dead Hippo or whatever else he switches in and worst case scenario, Roopushin gets a relatively easy switch into Nattorei next turn.

I finally manage to get a Slack Off as he switches into Sazandora again to have another free shot at my team. I decided to switch into Nattorei, predicting Draco Meteor.

Start of turn 12
PK Gaming sent out Nattorei!
Pointed stones dug into Nattorei!
Nattorei is hurt by spikes!

It's not very effective...
Nattorei lost 134 HP! (38% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Sazando - 88 %

Natorrei - 44 %

Damn should have gone with my gut. Ahh well, time to send Roopushin in. I might end up eating a Power Whip or something, but PK has been conservative. Therefore, I believe he will either set up hazards, Gyro Ball (which does very little) or use Thunder Wave, allowing me to Sub up again and pose a great threat to him.

Nattorei takes that quite nicely, and he is now forced to switch. I have several options actually. I weigh my options and decide to Thunder Wave to cripple a pokemon.

Start of turn 13
Nattorei used Thunder Wave!
The foe's Roopushin is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The sandstorm rages!

I’m already really slow and despite the lack of Guts, Thunder Wave is actually a blessing as it makes me immune to more threatening status and allows me to be slower then Nattorei and get a Sub up on it. Even if it Power Whips now, I still have enough health to Sub up and then Focus Punch something to oblivion.

I manage to paralyze his Roopushin but Power Whipping would have been a good idea to get some nice damage on it. Better safe than sorry I guess. I go back into Hippowdon to hopefully force it out again.

Start of turn 14
PK Gaming called Nattorei back!

The foe's Roopushin used Substitute!
The foe's Roopushin made a substitute!

The sandstorm rages!

I have a free hit, so even though Focus Punch is only just a 2HKO I decide to go with it whilst he breaks my Sub so I can play mind games with him next turn. Sazando threatens his whole team so I can either switch it in for free next turn, or Focus Punch if I reckon he’ll predict my switch.

I should have a predicted the substitute and Power whipped. Hippowdon comes in with noticebeably less HP than I would like to have. I can't Earthquake and Slack Off stall him like last time, so my only option is to roar him to out and scout out some of team members.

Start of turn 15
Hippowdon lost 250 HP! (59% of its health)

Hippowdon used Roar!
The foe's Ditto was dragged out!
The foe's Ditto transformed into Hippowdon!

The sandstorm rages!

Ditto - 100 %
Hippowdon - 23 %

Hmm I wasn’t expecting that. Although Hippowdon is on low health, that was a very good move by PK as it wrested the momentum from me and prevented me from switching in Sazando for free. By the looks of things PK was ready to sacrifice Hippo, but he ended up getting a best case scenario with my revenge killer extraordinaire coming in. I quickly jump to my damage calculator to see whether I can kill it or not but to my dismay it freezes and doesn’t work, ugh! PK’s Hippo is like on 23 % health, so surely I can kill it from here!

I finally get a nice bit of luck as I manage to reel in Ditto. I'm pretty confident that Earthquake won't KO Hippowdon, so I go for the Slack Off.

Start of turn 16
The foe's Ditto used Earthquake!
Hippowdon lost 84 HP! (20% of its health)

DittoIsForCunts is watching the battle.

The sandstorm rages!

…or not. That’s quite irritating. PK is going to try and take this opportunity to get to full health, which suits me just fine as Hippo doesn’t pose a threat to my hidden pokemon. It also gives me a chance to get Sazando again and build up solid momentum by forcing something to die.

And Hippowdon manages to survive with around 4% of it's life! I was thinking of setting up Stealth Rock, (in case of any Stealth Rock weak pokemon) but at the same time I need Hippowdon at maximum HP to deal with a possible Doryuuzu so I decide to Slack Off.

Start of turn 17
Stallion called Ditto back!

The sandstorm rages!

As predicted, I get a totally free turn for my Sazando. The next move is actually a no brainer believe it or not. Due to Spikes and Stealth Rock, after a Draco Meteor Nattorei will be on around 10 % health at best, a guaranteed 2hko despite the resist! I doubt he has anything like a Bronzong or Jirachi to tank it, and the mole is actually hit really hard by it respite its resistance due to poor defenses, so it’s a no brainer to me.

Sazando comes in again to get another free shot at me team. I probably should I have double switched into Breloom or Garchomp. Whatever. I'm pretty sure he's going to Draco Meteor, and I decide to sac Nattorei.

Start of turn 18
PK Gaming sent out Nattorei!
Pointed stones dug into Nattorei!
Nattorei is hurt by spikes!

Nattorei lost 119 HP! (33% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

In comes Nattorei, which will be going down next turn. Good riddance, it made for potentially bad mind games and will make my Erufuun that much more viable late game as it is no longer set up bait.

The second Draco Meteor will no doubt kill me, but I go for the Gyro Ball in case of a misses.

Start of turn 19
Nattorei lost 33 HP! (9% of its health)
Nattorei fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
DittoIsForCunts stopped watching the battle.
PK Gaming sent out Breloom!
Pointed stones dug into Breloom!
Breloom is hurt by spikes!

Sazando - 70 %

Natorrei - 0 %

Breloom - 36 %

4-5: PK Gaming - Stallion

In comes Breloom again. I guess I spoke too soon about Erufuun being more handy to me, at quick glance it appears to be my least useful Pokemon for the battle ahead so I don’t hesitate in sacrificing it this turn.

I switch in Breloom to force out his Sazandora. I can Spore, but I'm pretty sure he'll switch in Eruufun as Death Fodder, so I go for the Mach Punch.

Start of turn 20
Stallion sent out Erufuun!

Breloom used Mach Punch!
A critical hit!
The foe's Erufuun lost 45% of its health!
The foe's Erufuun fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Erufuun - 0 %
Roopushin - 50 %
Breloom - 20 %

4-4: PK Gaming - Stallion

Breloom gets its revenge and finishes what it should have done awhile ago before parahax struck! Roopushin has priority too and is now faster then Breloom thanks to Erufuun’s Stun Spore, so I can revenge kill it fairly safely.

Roopushin comes in and at this point Breloom is at a seriously low amount of HP. I know he's going to Mach Punch, so I leave him as death fodder and use a mach punch of my own.

Start of turn 21
The foe's Roopushin used Mach Punch!
Breloom lost 50 HP! (19% of its health)
Breloom fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
PK Gaming sent out Garchomp!
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp!
Garchomp is hurt by spikes!

Roopushin - 50 %
Breloom - 0 %
Garchomp - 82 %

3-4: PK Gaming - Stallion

Ugh Garchomp, I have no way of telling whether it is a Swords Dance or a Scarf variant. I completely forget about the threat that is Doryuuzu and stupidly think it best to stay in and Focus Punch, scouting for a potential Swords Dance in the process.

I decide to switch into my Garchomp to take out that Roopushin.

Start of turn 22
Garchomp used Earthquake!
The foe's Roopushin lost 49% of its health!

The foe's Roopushin lost its focus!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Roopushin fainted!

Roopushin - 0 %
Sazando - 70 %
Garchomp - 82 %

3-3: PK Gaming - Stallion

Ouch that hurt, and worst of all I still can’t tell whether it is Scarfed or not. Here I decide to go for a little bluff whilst simultaneously finding out what variant of Garchomp he possesses. I’ve played a bit of Black/White and would be able to tell that Sazando is a Choice Specs variant in a heartbeat, but I’m not sure how much PK has played and therefore don’t know how good he is at estimating damage yet. As a result, seeing as I switched in Sazando so quickly he could jump to the conclusion that I’m scarfed. A few scenarios could potentially take place here. If he is Scarfed, he needs to switch out 100 % as it would be his key to victory. That leaves me free to spam Draco Meteor to nail and potential switch in. If he is Yache/Haban/Salac, he can either stay in if he knows I’m Specs or switch out thinking I’m Scarf. If he stays in, I have a Kerudio waiting in the wings who can damage it significantly (Surf does enough damage at the amount of HP it’s on to prevent a Sub I’m pretty sure) and outspeed it and a Ditto who outspeeds it no matter what and can attempt to sweep.

Stallion probably thought I would setup a Swords Dance. Since he still has Ditto, setting up would be pointless so I just go for the Earthquake. He manages to bring out Sazando to force out my Chomp. There is a strong chance he thinks my Chomp is choiced... now I could stay in and Outrage, but that basically guarantee's the loss of my own garchomp. (he'd revenge me with Ditto) so I deciced to sack Hippowdon.

Start of turn 23
PK Gaming called Garchomp back!

Hippowdon lost 342 HP! (81% of its health)
Hippowdon fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
PK Gaming sent out Terakion!
Pointed stones dug into Terakion!
Terakion is hurt by spikes!

Sazando - 64 %
Hippowdon - 0 %
Terakion - 82 %

2-3: PK Gaming - Stallion

The positive out of this exchange is that I’ve gotten rid of another pokemon and that he may think I’m scarfed, but the negative is that I still don’t know what set he is running. Terakion with a Sandstorm boost can comfortably take a -2 Draco Meteor and finish off Sazando, or Rock Polish up and attempt a sweep. Regardless of what he does, it’s pretty obvious that Ditto is the key to my success here. I decide to switch in Kerudio to scout as he still believes that Sazando is scarfed, although with hindsight it probably would have been much MUCH smarter of me to sacrifice Sazando and keep Kerudio alive!

I switch into Terakion to force him out. At this point I could Rock Polish, but his blasted Ditto remains as an obstacle. Saccing Hippowdon may have been a bad idea. Had I tricked him earlier and killed his Sazando, he would have had to resort to revenging me with Garchomp(ditto). From there, it would have been easy to take out his Ditto and (potentially) set up Terakion. Meh whatever... I decide go for Close Combat to take out his Sazando.

Start of turn 24
Stallion sent out Kerudio!

Terakion used Close Combat!
The foe's Kerudio lost 93% of its health!
Terakion's Defense fell!
Terakion's Sp. Def. fell!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Kerudio is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Kerudio fainted!
Stallion sent out Ditto!

Kerudio - 0 % (Pony :pirate: )
Ditto - 100 %

Terakion - 72 %

2-2: PK Gaming - Stallion

My sacrifice is complete, and now I have a faster Terakion ready to kill something no matter what this turn. Garchomp’s pretty bulky, so I reckon he’ll sacrifice Terakion to get it in for free and bank on surviving the next turn. I’ve seen his whole team so it’s fairly obvious to Close Combat as it has no real drawbacks.

It doesn't look good for me. Garchomp is really getting owned from those hazards. It all comes down to this, if Garchomp can tank that Close Combat I win the match. I didn't feel like Calcing it, but I was banking on Scarf Ditto's weaker than normal damage output, and Garchomp's fantastic bulk saving the day. I go ahead in stay and sac Terakion.

Start of turn 25
The foe's Ditto used Close Combat!
It's super effective!
Terakion lost 232 HP! (71% of its health)
The foe's Ditto's Defense fell!
The foe's Ditto's Sp. Def. fell!
Terakion fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
PK Gaming sent out Garchomp!
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp!
Garchomp is hurt by spikes!

Ditto - 100 %

Terakion - 0 %

Garchomp - 64 %

1-2: PK Gaming - Stallion

He sends out Chomp, and I am stumped as to what to do due to not knowing what set he is running. I have two options at the moment. I could switch in Sazando and sacrifice it and revenge kill with Scarf Ditto. However, if he Substitutes I lose 100 %, if he has Haban I’m not sure if I can KO, if he has Scarf it’s a 50/50 speed tie and on top of all that there is still that 20 % Sand Veil hax. I ran some damage calculations using Lucario’s Close Combat and saw that on 4/0 Garchomp its damage was 56.1% - 66.2%, a possible KO. I then stupidly realised that I could just modify Machamp’s EV’s for my purpose, and ended up getting a calculation of 57% - 67.3% (based off the 357 attack of Terakion), about a 50 % chance of a KO. My chances were roughly the same at winning a speed tie as they were at KOing Garchomp. However, I wouldn’t have Sand Veil on my side, but wouldn’t have a guaranteed loss from Haban Chomp/Sub Chomp. I decide to proceed with Close Combat, crossing my fingers and hoping for a good damage roll.

I'm to lazy to do calculations, but I think Chomp can survive the Close Combat. We are talking about the pokemon who is physically bulkier than Swampert here! Anyway, if Close Combat kills me I lose, but if Chomp can tank the hit, the match is in the bag.

Start of turn 26
The foe's Ditto used Close Combat!
Garchomp lost 226 HP! (63% of its health)
Garchomp's Rough Skin hurts the foe's Ditto
The foe's Ditto's Defense fell!
The foe's Ditto's Sp. Def. fell!
Garchomp fainted!

Stallion won the battle!
Stallion: gg
PK Gaming: gg

0-2: PK Gaming - Stallion

Phew, thank god! I later find out that it is in fact a Haban Chomp, and that I do 57.3% - 67.9% damage to it with a Jolly Outrage, so my decision was the right one considering the potential chance of a Substitute. I’m also surprised that he wasn’t running Sand Veil, because knowing my luck in the past it was bound to screw me over. Great match PK Gaming, thank you for a tough enjoyable match that I believe was relatively warstory worthy for a new metagame. I hope this motivates some of you to try some of the pokemon you saw today on Pokemon Online’s beta server. Thanks for reading, and all feedback both positive and critical is appreciated!

Stallion's team:

PK Gaming's team:

Great match 5/5, nice predidiction from both sides, both of you explained your move nicely and i liked that :D. You two are some of the players i played more in all my time in 5th gen ( i have your teams saved on my head) and every time we played our matches were really close, like for example my last 2 battles with stallion were decided by a ditto speed tie O_o.

breh

強いだね
Pretty good IMO; the parahax was not ideal but no battle is haxless eh?

Also please fix the title (should be "for old time's sake); my inner Grammar nazi is unhappy

9/10

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nice job scrub pro

Sandstorm teams aren't that tough since Roobupushin can take on most of the threats. Rain Dance teams are much harder to face imo because stuff like Kingdra wrecks anything, while doryuzuu's is SS's best threat who is beat by any kind of Aqua Jet/Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave

Good commentary showing your thought processes and a good battle 8/10. To bad about the bit of parahax, but hey it's Pokemonm, that's what your gonna get. All the new 'mons in Gen 5 sure are fun to play with.

I liked the match. It was entertaining and showed pretty much how the metagame is right now. (:

Just one thing: please don't call Sazandora "Sazando". I know it's a nitpick but it just annoys me.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This was a great warstory, though the Breloom hax... was a bit off-putting. Still, it was an excellent battle, keep it up!

P.S.: I am totally gonna ensure the first Gen V WCoP doesn't turn into another Goceania :P

Also, I would like to appreciate PK for using Slack Off properly. :P

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow, nice format Stallion. (I'm digging the pictures)

The reason I use Rough Skin over Sand Veil is because I'm simply playing for fun at the moment. I know it's a bit silly, but I don't like haxing my opponent (especially in a friendly game) I would use Sand Veil in a tournament though.

The hax was problematic, but it definitely didn't ruin the game for me, and to be fair I basically got to keep my Hippowdon for free when I roared out Roopushin.

Awesome read. Agreeing with previous posters, helps really look into the metagame as it starts. I was personally very surprised at Ditto's performance. Is it really that good with Eccentric?

Nice warstory MS, maybe we should play a little when I see you online.This should get the ball rolling for other BW posts outside of set analysis.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Deoxys-S strikes again!

Cool battle with great commentary. Specs Sazandora seems brutal - it looks as though any team without Blissey is going to have problems with that guy and good call on running Modest. Also, it's awesome to see a Ditto sweep haha...the first of many, no doubt.

Terakion needs more love.

The hax was kind of annoying and the ending was a bit dull tbh but i liked it for the most part as i said in PO (Its wafflez =P).
4/5 for you.
Btw for some reason i never battled you...I never saw you on the ladder as well T.T .I hope we get to battle sometimez.
And lol i thought i was the only one who uses Max Hp Deo-s.The layer of spikes won you the game :O.

Those slack offs were great. I enjoyed this battle quite a bit. Nice analytical commentary by both of you. The parahax was heavy though. Battle would have played out much differently.

I was getting a little confused though, as reading through it I couldnt tell what the status was for both teams.

4.5/5

Agree that a running total of remaining Pokemon would improve this. I didn't know you were in the late game when Garchomp came in.

Finally a good warstory on UT. Comments were excellent and thorough and the format was good, too. Battle was interesting, I would never have guessed two months ago that Ditto would be so game changing...

9/10, thanks for the read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)