VGC Gallade [GP 1/1]

[OVERVIEW]
* Gallade is a strong option on Trick Room teams thanks to its high physical damage output, unique coverage and utility movepool. It can deal with many problematic matchups for Trick Room, such as set up sweepers via Sacred Sword and spread moves via Wide Guard.

* Gallade is used on teams with Indeedee-F, as the Fighting-type coverage it provides is crucial in dealing with Incineroar, Ting-Lu and other Dark-types that give Trick Room sweepers such as Hatterene trouble. Sharpness-boosted Sacred Sword does massive damage, putting pressure on opponents from turn one, as well as checking several problematic matchups, such as Dondozo. Wide Guard removes the most common way to bypass Indeedee-F's Follow Me, spread moves, and presents mind games on opponents on whether Gallade will use Wide Guard or set up Trick Room.

* Gallade's typing is amazing offensively, but defensively leaves much to be desired. It's Defense and HP are low, making it vulnerable to attackers like Rillaboom and Urshifu that can take one attack from Gallade while OHKOing it back. While its Special Defense is high, it is made moot by relevant special attackers such as Flutter Mane and Tornadus, which both resist Sacred Sword and hit it for super effective damage. However, it should be noted that Wide Guard blocks both Bleakwind Storm and Dazzling Gleam.

[SET]
Trick Room Abuser (Gallade) @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Sharpness
Level: 50
Tera Type: Grass / Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psycho Cut
- Sacred Sword
- Wide Guard
- Trick Room

[SET COMMENTS]
* Psycho Cut and Sacred Sword are the highest base power moves that take advantage of Sharpness.

* The Defense EVs allow Gallade to survive a Wicked Blow and Surging Strikes from Urshifu-S and Urshifu-R, respectively.

* Tera Grass allows Gallade to ignore powder moves from Amoonguss, a common Trick Room counter, and resist common physical attackers such as Rillaboom. Alternatively, Tera Fire can be used to resist common anti-Trick Room leads such as Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane, as well as giving Gallade a Fairy resist.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/soulboyvgc.558405/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/choruto.646006/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/tbolt.555379/

Last edited:

Choruto

Sylveon <3
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I'll do a recheck to see if stuff was implemented correctly, looks pretty good though.
[OVERVIEW]
* Gallade has a unique set of traits which make it suited to be a great option on hard Trick Room teams (I don't like how this is phrased, it reads really weird. I'll leave it up to you, but I recommend saying something like "Gallade's a strong option on Trick Room teams thanks to its ___); high physical damage output, unique coverage and movepool, (Such as? Overview is supposed to give you a general idea of the mon, add something about it having big damage with Sharpness and checking common difficult MU's for trick room with Wide Guard, sacred for dozo, and passivity) and a relatively low Speed stat (For TR, 80 isen't that great, also imo not neccesary its already inferred that Gallade has a low speed if its on TR teams).

(SPACE) (I've split this up, it read weirdly. I recommend expanding on the above paragraph)

It Gallade is typically seen used on teams with Indeedee-F, (AC) to help in setting up Trick Room and other typical Trick Room sweepers like Torkoal, Hatterene and Ursaluna. (You always go Gallade + Indeedee, your not gonna run Gallade + Tork without Indeedee) as the Fighting-type coverage it provides is crucial in dealing with Incineroar and other Dark-types such as Kingambit and Chi-yu that are immune to the Psychic-type moves that common Trick Room sweeper Hatterene uses (You dident explain why removing dark types is important). Sharpness boosted Sacred Sword does disgusting damage, putting pressure on opponents on turn one, as well as check several problematic match-ups such as Dondozo. (You can phrase this however you like, I just think its important to mention Sacred Sword here, its really useful on TR) The combination of Follow Me and Wide Guard also forces 50/50s for opponents trying to deny Trick Room via brute force. removes common ways to bypass Indeedee-F's Follow Me, as well as several and can present mind games on opponents on whether Gallade will use Wide Guard. (Rephrased this to make it more formal, also before it sounded like Gallade was the one with Follow Me. If you can, can you fit in wide guard blocking tork? Its a big problem in TR mirrors.)

* Gallade's offensive profile (Like is it, typing, stabs, stats?) is amazing, but defensively leaves much to be desired. It's Defense and HP are low and it's better Special Defense is overshadowed (Its spedef is pretty strong, living a specs flutter gleam is very respectable) by the relevant special attackers such as Flutter Mane and Tornadus,(AC) which both resist Sacred Sword, (AC) hitting it for super effective (Mention wide guard providing an immunity to these mons! Also, you say its defense is low but then dont explain anything that takes advantage of that, I recc adding Rillaboom and Urshifu as they easily burn it down and tank sacred). As must be mentioned with all Trick Room pokemon, Gallade is extremely reliant on Trick Room and if the opponent can successfully stall out/deny Trick Room, this is catastrophic for Gallade. (I said this last time, can be shorted. This isen't a weakness of Gallade, but off Trick Room as a whole. Even more so than Hatt, as Gallade isent a sweeper but a utility mon)

[SET]
Brave Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Sacred Sword
- Wide Guard
- Trick Room

[SET COMMENTS]
* Psycho Cut and Sacred Sword are the highest base power moves that both take advantage of STAB and Sharpness, and coupled with almost maximum Attack investment to give Gallade maximum damage output. (Moves being STAB is dex info, also attack is nearly 252 obv its for max damage output)

* The bulk investment maximizes general bulk but also always lives Wicked Blow from Adamant Urshifu. The Defense EVs allow Gallade to survive a Wicked Blow and Surging Strikes from Urshifu and Urshifu-R respectively. (Same concept as Attack)

* Tera Grass allows you to avoid Spore from Amoonguss under Trick Room while also now being neutral into Flutter Mane Gallade to ignore powder moves from Amoonguss, a common trick room counter, and resist common physical attackers such as Rillaboom (Reworded to be more formal and flow better, also added resistances to physical threats cuz thats a big problem with Gallade that you said earlier.) Alternatively, Tera Fire can be used to effectively beat the Flutter Mane and Chi-yu leads attempting to deny Trick Room via brute force without resorting to mind games with Wide Guard. resist common anti Trick Room leads such as Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane, as well as giving Gallade a Fairy-type resist. (Shortening)

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

Choruto

Sylveon <3
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
After these changes are implemented should be ready for GP, good work!
[OVERVIEW]
* Gallade is a strong option on Trick Room teams thanks to its high physical damage output, unique coverage and movepool. It can deal with many problematic matchups for Trick Room, (This reads kinda weird to me, if you find it fine then keep it in but ideally reword this as you mention Trick Room twice) such as Dondozo set up sweepers (Theres some other mons it helps with like Registeel) via Sacred Sword, and spread moves via Wide Guard.

* Gallade is used on teams with Indeedee-F, as the Fighting-type coverage it provides is crucial in dealing with Incineroar, Ting Lu and other Dark-types that are immune to the Psychic-type moves that common Trick Room sweeper Hatterene uses that give Trick Room sweepers such as Hatterene trouble. (Ik I suggested this sentence, but I shortened it a bit, and added Ting as thats a big problem for TR) Sharpness boosted Sacred Sword does disgusting damage, putting pressure on opponents from turn one, as well as check several problematic match-ups, such as Dondozo. Wide Guard removes common ways to bypass Indeedee-F's Follow Me, as well as several and can present presenting (Oops) mind games on opponents on whether Gallade will use Wide Guard or set up Trick Room.

* Gallade's typing offensively is amazing, but defensively leaves much to be desired. It's Defense and HP are low, making it vulnerable to attackers like Rillaboom and Urshifu which can take one attack from Gallade while OHKOing it back. While it's Special Defense is strong, it is slightly overshadowed by the relevant special attackers such as Flutter Mane and Tornadus, which both resist Sacred Sword, hitting it for super effective. However, it should be noted that Wide Guard actually gives it an immunity to blocks both Bleakwind Storm and Dazzling Gleam. (Making it a bit more clear)

[SET]
Brave Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Sacred Sword
- Wide Guard
- Trick Room

[SET COMMENTS]

* Psycho Cut and Sacred Sword are the highest base power moves that take advantage of Sharpness.

* The Defense EVs allow Gallade to survive a Wicked Blow and Surging Strikes from Urshifu and Urshifu-R respectively.

* Tera Grass allows Gallade to ignore powder moves from Amoonguss, a common Trick Room counter, and resist common physical attackers such as Rillaboom. Alternatively, Tera Fire can be used to resist common anti Trick Room leads such as Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane, as well as giving Gallade a Fairy-type resist. (Looks pretty good)

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

Last edited:

Choruto

Sylveon <3
[OVERVIEW]
* Gallade is used on teams with Indeedee-F, as the Fighting-type coverage it provides is crucial in dealing with Incineroar, Ting-Lu and other Dark-types that give Trick Room sweepers such as Hatterene trouble. Sharpness boosted Sacred Sword does disgusting damage, putting pressure on opponents from turn one, as well as check several problematic match-ups, such as Dondozo. Wide Guard removes common ways to bypass Indeedee-F's Follow Me, as well as several and can presents mind games on opponents on whether Gallade will use Wide Guard or set up Trick Room.
Forgot this one

add remove comment

[OVERVIEW]
* Gallade is a strong option on Trick Room teams thanks to its high physical damage output, unique coverage and utility movepool (Confirmed in Discord DMs). It can deal with many problematic matchups for Trick Room, such as set up sweepers via Sacred Sword, (RC) and spread moves via Wide Guard.

* Gallade is used on teams with Indeedee-F, as the Fighting-type coverage it provides is crucial in dealing with Incineroar, Ting-Lu and other Dark-types that give Trick Room sweepers such as Hatterene trouble. Sharpness boosted Sharpness-boosted Sacred Sword does disgusting massive ("Disgusting damage" is a bit too casual here.) damage, putting pressure on opponents from turn one, as well as check checking several problematic match-ups matchups, such as Dondozo. (There's a double space here, make it a single space.)Wide Guard removes common ways to bypass Indeedee-F's Follow Me (What ways are these?), and presents mind games on opponents on whether Gallade will use Wide Guard or set up Trick Room.

* Gallade's typing offensively is amazing offensively, but defensively leaves much to be desired. It's Defense and HP are low, making it vulnerable to attackers like Rillaboom and Urshifu which that can take one attack from Gallade while OHKOing it back. While it's its Special Defense is strong high, it is slightly overshadowed made moot by the relevant special attackers such as Flutter Mane and Tornadus, which both resist Sacred Sword, (RC) hitting and hit it for super effective damage. However, it should be noted that Wide Guard blocks both Bleakwind Storm and Dazzling Gleam.

[SET]
Brave Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Sacred Sword
- Wide Guard
- Trick Room

[SET COMMENTS]

* The Defense EVs allow Gallade to survive a Wicked Blow and Surging Strikes from Urshifu Urshifu-S and Urshifu-R, (AC) respectively.

* Tera Grass allows Gallade to ignore powder moves from Amoonguss, a common Trick Room counter, and resist common physical attackers such as Rillaboom. Alternatively, Tera Fire can be used to resist common anti Trick anti-Trick Room leads such as Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane, as well as giving Gallade a Fairy-type resist.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/tbolt.555379/

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)