Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

Yes, the show is true to the books for all of season 1 and most of 2. Starting from season 3 (Storm of Swords) it deviates a bit. I definitely like being able to have a face to the characters I pictured in the books and seeing what I read shown on screen. It's worth giving a try at least.

I actually want to ask the reverse: I love the show but haven't gotten myself to start reading the books. Is it worth reading, for someone who generally doesn't like to read very much?

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I actually want to ask the reverse: I love the show but haven't gotten myself to start reading the books. Is it worth reading, for someone who generally doesn't like to read very much?

They're outstanding books! I honestly prefer LotR over the GoT books, but that's mostly because I read The Hobbit at a very young age and Middle-Earth has a place in my heart.

Olenna goes out like a boss, Cersei is a monster, Jaime is getting good at the game, Bran is seeing everything we want to see aka pre game of thrones content, and Tyrion is the only one with any sense on Dragonstone. Am I missing anything? Oh yeah Euron is awesome

Cersei is a boss, as is Euron. I like how Bran was so chill about everything, from a simple "Hello, Sansa" to casually reminding Sansa of her marriage to Ramsay rather than literally anything else after seeing her for the first time in years.

And wow, Emilia Clarke is actually getting worse as an actress as the seasons go by.

And wow, Emilia Clarke is actually getting worse as an actress as the seasons go by.
No, she's not. She's unconvincing as this stern ruler, and she's meant to be. Daenerys is young and not yet a leader, and it shows - people are saying that Daenerys' character has changed, but it's more a case of the character staying the same but wanting to transition to this leader she aspires to be. The transition is too abrupt and not like her character, and so Emilia Clarke's performance comes across as unnatural, which it should.

Anyway, this was a fantastic episode, loved every second of it (minus wobbly Casterly Rock siege green screen).

The scene with Dany and Jon was amazing. The dialogue was on point considering neither is willing to back down from the other. Dany's ego has been growing more and more throughout the series, leading to her proclaiming herself as Queen in Westeros when he hasn't done anything relevant there at all. At this point, I don't think she'll make great decisions from here on out leading to her failing in becoming queen.

The siege of Casterly Rock raised and eye-brow for me. It's really odd that Tyrion is managing to be outplayed in this war so heavily to the point where I'm thinking there may be a possible leak inside the Dany camp. I find it really hard to believe that both Euron intercepting the Greyjoy's at sea, the siege of High Garden when the Unsullied army are sieging Casterly Rock and Euron's ships being there to prevent the unsullied from leaving to be just coincidences. I'm almost positive there's someone leaking information. The whole plan of attack from Tyrion and Dany bothers me considering how Jaime says taking Casterly Rock isn't that important because they can't hold it, but Tyrion does it anyway. I feel like Tyrion should also know this but for whatever reason that didn't cross his mind.

Bran coming back to Winterfell was heartwarming up until he decided to be really weird about everything. It's not really that hard to explain "The 3-eyed raven was training me, he died and now I'm the 3-eyed raven." in the most simple way possible and explain in detail later on. Instead he talks about the night she was raped by Ramsay, which isn't the best topic of conversation to bring up lol. It'll be interesting to see how Bran tells Jon about his who his real parents are and the ensuing family reunion after Arya comes home as well.

Lastly the High Garden scene. Seeing Olenna in the last scene was phenomenal, everything she said and how she was telling it to Jaime was pretty close to true. Jaime probably knows it's not too late for him so he doesn't get sucked into Cersei's downfall. After hearing that Olenna was actually behind Joffrey's death, I think Jaime's opinion will change on how he views not only Cersei, but also Tyrion.

Edit: Sam's being able to cure Jorah was really nice to see as well. I think for sure they will meet again sometime soon. Sam's punishment of copying the old scrolls, and book is probably going to lead to him finding something important, because there has to be some sort of significance in him being punished this way.

Just some things I noticed, kinda want to hear what others thought.

Overall good episode, imo.

Crazy theory that probably comes from no where but hear me out.

What if Jaime is the prince that was promised. Melissandre has yet to meet Jaime so she we couldn't discount him from the running, but Mel has been wrong about the prince (see Stannis). Jaime is also a character on a redemption path, so seeing him save Westeros from the white walkers would be how a redemption story ends. And he can fulfill 2 prophecies in one. Cersei being killed by the younger brother would fit here. Jaime could stab her through the heart to initiate the Lightbringer sword. But I don't think it fills the magical sword aspect, but a way for the living to defeat the dead. Cersei would destroy everything to sit on the iron throne, so the very real threat of the night king could force Jaime to kill her in order to unify the living under one force. Little finger also has the Cersei mentality, but being stationed in the north, he will probably see the threat of the walkers and help out the living in order for there to be a kingdom left. But Cersei is far too south to believe. Jaime will trust Tyrion, who trusts Jon so the walkers getting past the wall will signal through all the way to Jaime but stop there. Cersei will force Jaime to kill her and activate the lightbringer and lead the forces to victory.

Just a crazy theory, probably not true but fun to think about

Best episode of the season hands down imo

Felt like old school GoT with

Varys + Tyrion banter
Gendry shows up!
Littlefinger shenanigans
Arya and Sansa squabbling

But instead of it being an old school GoT episode, it felt more like a whole season

Sansa is insufferable. Worst character since Reekon Greyjoy.

also I'm hopping aboard the Tyrion Targaryan train. After the Drogon / Jon scene I'm feeling the parallels with the Tyrion / dragons scene.

also I'm hopping aboard the Tyrion Targaryan train. After the Drogon / Jon scene I'm feeling the parallels with the Tyrion / dragons scene.

I want this to be true, but the issue is that the show has done very little to support this happening. We only have Tyrion's scene with the Dragons a season or two back, while with Jon, we have all the evidence given to us. I don't think this is likely unless they give us more hints towards to this.

Asek

Banned deucer.
The geography in this show is completely messed up and its pissing me off

how did they let jaime get away tho.... how did he get on to the other side of the river.

not gonna say it was a bad ep but it feel like everyone in this show just teleports to wherever the writers deem it most conveniant for them to be now

bringing back gendry to use as an inevitable 'emotional' death FTW

at least we got more of the hound to look forward to next week

so jon does have a better claim to the throne than dany. not that he cares about it

the writing has just become total shit at this point, the plan is ridiculous, tyrion getting in kings landing and cersei letting him get away even though she apparently knew, everyone crossing half the kingdom in one episode, davos's rowing joke.. theres so much more bullshit too

i dislike tyrion targaryen theory, tywin/tyrion relationship was actually really good and this would just ruin it. + the timings dont seem to match up, if anything the twins are targaryens (which is really likely in the books because of jaimes dreams or whatever they are with joanna)

everyones calling it already and i also think its really likely that cersei isn't actually pregnant and she's just doing it to manipulate jaime

beric, thoros, and tormund are probably going to die but i don't see the other 4 dying just yet

also this was in the trailor

The geography in this show is completely messed up and its pissing me off

how did they let jaime get away tho.... how did he get on to the other side of the river.

not gonna say it was a bad ep but it feel like everyone in this show just teleports to wherever the writers deem it most conveniant for them to be now

bringing back gendry to use as an inevitable 'emotional' death FTW

at least we got more of the hound to look forward to next week

poor greyworm being dickless and time travelless.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They aren't teleportig everywhere, time has been passing at an accelerated rate, and this is directly referenced in Sam's conversation with the maesters when he says he let bran through the wall years ago.

The show writers no longer have the book material to extend scenes and episodes with expository dialogue like they used to so everything in end game is moving ahead weeks and months at a time, Jon has been on dragonstone long enough for both Dany to catch the feels and his bannermen to become restless.

Most recent episode was a giant ball of hype for me, one "holy shit that was cool" scene after another. Jon's dragon scene was a goddamn panty dropper if I've ever seen one.

Gendry is a little ridiculous but not gonna say I didn't totally mark out when he grabbed a Warhammer from the forge, Bobby B 2.0 lfgi

terrors iirc that's the fist of the first men where Jeor Mormont died in season two

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Last episode was decent more of a hype builder for the final two episodes which should be fine as long as they are fucking crazy
Death Predictions for next episode:
Everyone but Jon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)