Garchomp/Altaria dicussion (ChainChomp)

emolga vs anything

personnally i ask y not run lapras over emolga they do the same and if im not mistaken doesnt lapras have a higher hp making it less likly to be ko'ed

personnally i ask y not run lapras over emolga they do the same and if im not mistaken doesnt lapras have a higher hp making it less likly to be ko'ed
  • Lapras takes a water energy to Call for Family, not a Colorless like Emolga. You're running more Ground than Water so that's an annoying complication
  • Lapras has a retreat cost of two instead of Emolga's ever useful retreat cost of zero.
  • The extra bulk is sort of moot as, although it's perfectly possible to one shot turn 1 with Hypno-Virbank and Tornadus-EX / Mewtwo-EX, it still is sort of hard to pull off. Emolga can stomach a lot of turn one hits anyway. Additionally, Lapras can't get out of the active spot without a switch, so it's probably going to die to anything laser related the turn after anyway.

I know not many people visit this forum anymore, but I thought I'd post my own version of the ChainChomp deck, which I love to play with on PTCGO:

4 Gible (Sand Attack)
3 Gabite (Dragon Call)
4 Garchomp (Dragonblade)
4 Swablu (Sing)
3 Altaria (Fight Song)
2 Emolga (CFF)

4 Level Ball
4 Skyla
4 Colress
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Rare Candy
4 Switch
4 N
1 Super Rod
1 Tool Scrapper

8 Fighting Energy
4 Blend Energy [F][M][L][W]

As much as I like Emolga, drawing it on any turn but the first or second is a pain in the ass. I don't know what to switch out with them, though; maybe 2 extra Fighting Energy. Colress from the Plasma Storm set was a godsend for this deck, which likes to have a full bench as quickly as possible. I also run 1 Tool Scrapper in case of Turn 2 Garbotoxin Garbodors, but otherwise has no other use, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. Let me know if you guys can find any sort of improvements I can make!

My version of this deck (why is it called ChainChomp, wasn't it FluffyChomp?) is this:

Pokemon: 20
4-3-4 Garchomp DRX (Sand Attack Gible, Dragon Call Gabite and Mach Cut Garchomp)
3-3 Altaria DRX
2 Emolga
1 Terrakion NVI

Trainer: 30
3 Juniper
4 N
2 Skyla
2 Cheren
2 Bianca
2 Colress
1 Dowsing Machine
4 Level Ball
3 Switch
2 Escape Rope
3 Rare Candy
2 Super Rod

Energy: 10
6 Fighting
4 Blend WLFM

The most obvious omission is Catcher, since I'm new to the game and I haven't got it. From my experience with this deck, as long as I'm getting Emolga consistently T1, I have little problems for the remainder of the game unless I see max potions on Darkrai decks. The largest advantage of this deck, by far, is the fact that your opponent will have to knock out 6 of your Pokemons as opposed to you (mostly, anyways) having to only kill off 3 Pokemons. The low energy attacks are also awesome, although the 120 damage cap leaves somethings to be desired. Then again, you can't really expect to OHKO EXs without using another EX, right? And yes, the Escape Rope does serve, to an extent, like a Pokemon Catcher when the opponent only has one bench.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)