Garchomp Vote

Garchomp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted ou. Didn't really matter though. I guess 21 people don't get to vote now, aint that some bullshit.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As much as I would like to say "OU" - simply because the number of strategies I have seen flying around on the standard since suspect has increased (people started new things when Garchomp was banned, and found them viable even on standard), I don't think I can say that it is not uber simply because of this fact - considering i feel the game is more balanced and more "tight" now because of the lack of Garchomp.

Garchomp is uber.

As much as I would like to vote OU to save the precedent, I voted uber. I agree with the others that have stated the game is much more varied and interesting without Garchomp.

There's really nothing scientific that makes something OU or Uber, but in all seriousness it gets really boring seeing on almost every freaking team. If people tried different things instead of sticking land shark in with a Yache Berry I think we would get better statistics.

I would think a tournament to test Garchomp among the eligable voters would be a better determining factor than just outright voting.

I play to have fun and its not really fun seeing an overcentralized metagame its like seeing everyone using Snake and Meta Knight in Brawl... So I'm saying Uber, until people actually try being more creative.

Edit: I predict we'll be seeing a lot more Dragonite usage. If SR gets banned then... yeah...

I cast my vote for OU.

For one, I've found the Suspect Ladder to be stale. It reminds me too much of ADV and removing Garchomp, the banner of the offensive metagame, has caused it to morph into a metagame that's too defensive for my liking. Most battles have turned into who can kill of the opponent's special wall and set up a bulky CMer first. Without Garchomp, they have much less to fear when sleeping or using Sleep Talk. I'm not saying that offensive teams aren't effective, it's just that without the threat of Garchomp, defensive teams have much less to fear in their setup attempts.

Additionally, Garchomp has never given any of my teams significant problems. Strategy, prediction, and smart play are often enough to keep his threat level low. While I do agree with others that this may be because we've adapted to its presence by making sure we can counter it, the same can be said for any Pokemon.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
voted uber for obvious reasons.

Only two votes away from the magic number! Looks like this was even more overwhelming than I thought it would be.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I brought this up in IS, but I really don't think Garchomp is Uber with deoxys-e around, since the speed boost from dragon dance make users of that move more potent than Garchomp, who really plays more as a wallbreaker with a chance to sweep. Both dual screen and sweeper deoxys have turned the metagame into "break walls until I can sweep", and dragon dancers are much, much better at sweeping since revenge killing after a speed boost is a huge pain. In addition, with the metagame as offensive as it is, players generally have a higher number of pokemon who are faster than garchomp, making it significantly less of a threat.

With deoxys gone I believe the metagame would become somewhat more defensive again, and Garchomp would revert back to the ridiculous threat it once was.

Anyway, since we are not voting on Deoxys-E as well, my first instinct is to vote OU; however, it isn't far fetched at all to assume that Deoxys-E will be banned sometime in the coming months. Therefore, I am voting Uber.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
fuck :( well at least I tried. Ehh it'll be interesting to see a metagame without it, although now lots of my best teams are null.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
EVERYONE STILL VOTE PLEASE! I'M NOT CLOSING THE POLL UNTIL EVERYONE HAS VOTED. WE ARE VERY INTERESTED IN HOW CLOSE THINGS TURN OUT TO BE.

Voted Uber.

Not close at all, I believe. The percentage that vote Ubers will probably keep increasing. We all know what Garchomp has done to the OU metagame.

Voted for ubers.. hasn't have to be explained.

Btw sorry Aeolus xD didn't see this thread when I was pming you.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have now voted.

I'm actually quite suprised at the number difference - I would've originally expected the numbers to be far more one-sided, like 50-8 or something. Either way, it seems as if the inevitable is upon us.

I have now voted.

I'm actually quite suprised at the number difference - I would've originally expected the numbers to be far more one-sided, like 50-8 or something. Either way, it seems as if the inevitable is upon us.
Still a 2.5:1 current ratio for Ubers vs. OU is pretty substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)