Gen 2 [Gen 2 OU] Denial Duck Offense

I just finished making a long post about the viability of Porygon2, so I figured I'd come a post the main team that inspired that post. This team may just look like "Five good pokemon and a Porygon2", but there is a bit more going on than that.

Porygon2 (The Star of the Show):

-Return
-Curse
-Ice Beam
-Recover

You can go and read my post about Porygon (Here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gsc-ou-discussion-thread.3688141/page-2), but the main gist is that Porygon2 can pretty reliably keep Snorlax from doing Snorlax things in a similar fashion to how Porygon does in gen 1. Pory exists on this team as the primary way of keeping Snorlax out of play and is dedicated strictly for this roll until Lax is down (sometimes at his hands... er... feet? flippers? You get the point.)

Snorlax:

-Double Edge
-Curse
-Sleep Talk
-Rest

OR

-Double Edge (or Flamethrower)
-Earthquake
-Curse
-Rest

OR

-Earthquake
-Lovely Kiss or Curse
-Self Destruct

Just doin' Snorlax things. The top set is gets a bit stuffed by Gengar (and Missy) and, without pursuit support, this can be a bit of an annoyance. I typically like to run one of the bottom two (though the top set helps a lot against Nidoking). As usual, Lax has alot of options for sets. With Pory in the mix, your Lax will not have to be dealing with the opposing Lax nearly as often, so you have a bit more flexibility here.

Cloyster:

-Ice Beam
-HP Electric
-Spikes
-Explosion

Boy, do I ever like my freeze hacks. Ice beam provides more opportunities for freeze hacks and helps to punish obvious Zapdos switch-ins. Ice beam freeze hacks also give a desperate out for certain games which are otherwise lost and can no longer be won by "clean play". Ice beam plus high defense generally does a good enough job of keeping out/punishing most ground/rock types not named Tyranitar. But of course, ice beam is not the main reason to run Cloyster. You run Cloyster for the same reasons you always run Cloyster: spikes and boom, with a bit of offense on the side. HP electric helps to smash opposing shells or encourages them to boom and also helps to keep Starmie in check. HP electric also has the benefit hitting just about everything except ground types pretty effectively (which wouldn't dare to switch in on Cloyster). This helps to give Cloyster a bit of an advantage against other water types, such as Vaporeon and Suicune, by wearing them down in to boom range reliably or encouraging them to switch). The combo of "bolt beam" also serves to discourage Skarmory from trying to switch in and eat a boom.

Raikou:

-Thunder (or Thunderbolt)
-Crunch or Roar
-Sleep Talk (or Reflect)
-Rest

Raikou has some options. Crunch combined with rest-talk helps it to switch in on Gengar hypnosis and Jynx lovely kiss and then prevent them from getting too cocky. It also helps with some really cocky Starmie, which I have an especial hatred for. Crunch also has the ability to lower defense, thus forcing out opposing raikou (or really any pokemon with high Sp.D. that decides they want to stay in and brawl). Roar can be used for spikes shuffling or a desperate phase attempt on a sleeping pokemon, but this is less necessary with Lax being kept in check by Pory. Reflect and light screen are both decent options as well depending on what you decide to go with, but you'll need to make sure you have at least one sleep absorber on the team, and Raikou is generally best for this roll (as he can still act as a special wall pretty effectively while asleep), especially against Jynx. Does pretty well against Eggy too.

Gengar:

-Thunderbolt
-Ice Punch
-Hypnosis
-Explosion

You can go read the Porygon2 post for more info, but basically Gengar, in addition to being an amazing pokemon it its own right, synergizes very well with Pory and its ability to keep out Snorlax. Gengar allows for both a guaranteed backup wall to some Lax sets and a shaky makeshift "do a lil' dance" backup when the absolute worst of the worst happens with Porygon and they have a combo of EQ and normal STAB PP remaining. Basically, you can either drain what little PP remains after a failed Pory wall attempt or hypnosis and phase with either Raikou or Zapdos. Also does the normal shenanigans, like spin-blocking, boom-blocking, going boom, revenge killing and cleaning, sleeping threats, etc. Gengar is just, all around, very good and is even better on this team.

Zapdos:

-Thunder
-Hidden Power Ice
-Sleep Talk or Whirlwind (or Lightscreen)
-Rest

Zapdos is, unsurprisingly, making its way on to this team. Zapdos provides an EQ pivot, spikes avoidance, and provides a lot of threat. Without Lax able to exploit it nearly as easily, Zap can much more freely rain down thunders on the opposing team. Whirlwind exists as an option for spikes shuffling, as a desperate phaser, and as a phaser for sleeping boosted pokemon (put to sleep with hypnosis or lovely kiss). Light Screen is just pretty solid support, but isn't as necessary with Raikou helping to wall Zap and serving as a reliable special wall in general.

---

The core idea here is that Pory keeps the opposing Lax out of the game (just as he does in Gen 1), Raikou keeps the opposing Zap out of the game, and both electrics and Gengar make it really hard for Cloyster to get on the field and do its job without give your team opportunity. That right there deals with the three top pokemon in the metagame. Raikou provides a decent answer for Gengar as well, using the threat of para and crunch to prevent it from staying in after it sleeps and denying it the option to remove the team's only electric with boom (since there are two (duh!); also makes it harder to target the better of the two, Zapdos). Crunch also makes Raikou a bit better at handling itself, while EQ on Snorlax can make it harder for Raikou to phase. The bottom line is that this team uses the top metagame threats alongside Pory to DEAL with the top metagame threats.

The standard team comes equip with 2-3 booms, 1-2 phasers for spikes shuffling and as an "acceptable" phasing for boosted sweepers when combo'd with sleep (or a lucky game of chicken), 1-2 late game curse sweepers, two electrics (to keep out and punish Cloyster and any resulting switch-ins), a boom and spin absorber, 1-2 sleepers, 1-2 sleep absorbers, two special walls, plenty of paralysis from thunders, and all the freeze hacks you could ever want.

*Pats hood* This baby can go for miles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siatam

is a Tutoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
RoA Leader
It is difficult to provide a coherent rate for you team when you give so many set options. As such I will present what I think is the best form of your team, explain why I chose sets/made changes and discuss the play style that Porygon2 forces.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
- Return
- Ice Beam
- Curse
- Recover

Snorlax @ Leftovers
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Rest

Zapdos @ Leftovers
IVs: 26 Def
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Raikou @ Leftovers
- Thunder
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Cloyster @ Leftovers
- Surf
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Explosion

Gengar @ Leftovers
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Hypnosis
- Explosion

:porygon2: No comments on the set. Does what it needs to do.

:snorlax: With Raikou taking on the duties of a special wall on this team, you have a lot of liberty with your Snorlax set. There are benefits to bringing off the wall and unexpected Snorlax sets, but I have arrived in DE/EQ/Curse/Rest for the sake of consistency. This set will do the most work game to game and takes advantage of your team structure to make Snorlax an offensive threat.

:raikou:/:Zapdos: Using Rest electrics without Sleep Talk is borderline unviable on offensive teams. The free turns it gives to your opponent will consistently sap your momentum, not to mention Sleep users causing issues for your team. Crunch Raikou is a good choice on this team to provide consistency against Substitute Jynx as Thunder + Hidden Power sets can get unlucky Sleep Talk sequences against Sub. Standard Sleep Talk Zapdos is always great. It’s longevity keeps it doing damage for the entire game and is a good answer to Lovely Kiss Nidoking, which otherwise causes issues for your team.

:Cloyster:I think all the reasons you cite to use Ice Beam / HP Electric Cloy rarely comes into affect. While Ice Beam can hax some games with freeze and hit Zapdos switch-ins hard, Cloyster’s priority is setting up Spikes. Cloy frequently gets worn down while Spiking and will not find many opportunities to fish for freezes. Additionally the worse Tyranitar matchup compared to Surf is significant. Nothing on your team switches into Rock Slide/Earthquake/Roar Ttar well. Surf Cloy won’t fix the issue of switching in, but it makes it that much more difficult for Ttar to get in in the first place.
You mention HP Electric as an way to punish Starmie, but Toxic is much more punishing. HP Electric’s 31-37% damage on Starmie is easily Recovered off. Toxic is also much more effective against other Cloyster. The whole “making it really hard for Cloyster to get on the field” is a moot point when you use Porygon2. Your P2 gives virtually free entry to other Cloy (more on this later) and must always switch out for fear of Toxic. Poisoning the opponent’s Cloy let’s you wear them down over the course of the game, something HP Electric cannot do. HP Elec is inconsequential against Vaporeon of Suicune as youd much rather go to an electric/Lax to apply some pressure rather than explode on them with Cloy. Toxic also let’s you set up Spikes on opposing Snorlax. If you don’t have the ability to force Rest, you will get into a really rough situation if Lax Curses up on your Cloy.

:gengar:No comments, good set.

Overall, using Porygon2 as a check to Snorlax is interesting and has a place in GSC. However, using Porygon2 as your primary Snorlax check comes with its own problems.
P2 can switch into Lax and stall out it’s attacks with Recover yes, but P2 is also forced to use Recover every time it is under 90% HP. Failing to use Recover leaves you vulnerable to Snorlax crits, which will happen eventually if you try to PP stall. Additionally if P2 does not use Recover and the opponent switches out into a special attacker or something with status, P2 needs to switch. Trying to then switch in against Lax at lower HP is more difficult and crit susceptible.
This is all a long winded way to say the P2 is a very passive Snorlax wall all things considered and needs to keep itself in pristine condition to remain an effective wall. You also have an inherent weakness to Body Slam Snorlax. Lovely Kiss Snorlax is also difficult to play around if your initial reaction is to switch P2 into every Lax. This is not insurmountable, but it does complicate your game plan. As a result, I think P2 is best paired with a normal resist to share the burden of walking Lax. Golem comes to mind as a good partner. The ability to remove Spikes is a nice perk when P2 lets many things switch in.
As a final critique, please don’t lead P2. Leads in GSC aren’t that important, by literally every other team member has a better aggregate matchup against the common leads of Lax/Cloy/Electrics/Sleepers. P2 is bad vs 3/4 of these choices and trying to catch Lax leads isn’t that important when P2 switches in freely, especially early game when Spikes aren’t up.

Everything said, the downsides I mentioned above are not that bad. Your team is solid and P2 serves a solid niche. The combination of Gengar + Spikes + Electrics is a great way to break down defensive teams and Curse Lax + Curse P2 can run through unprepared offense or an unaware opponent. Good job with the teambuilding.

It is difficult to provide a coherent rate for you team when you give so many set options. As such I will present what I think is the best form of your team, explain why I chose sets/made changes and discuss the play style that Porygon2 forces.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
- Return
- Ice Beam
- Curse
- Recover

Snorlax @ Leftovers
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Rest

Zapdos @ Leftovers
IVs: 26 Def
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Raikou @ Leftovers
- Thunder
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Cloyster @ Leftovers
- Surf
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Explosion

Gengar @ Leftovers
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Hypnosis
- Explosion

:porygon2: No comments on the set. Does what it needs to do.

:snorlax: With Raikou taking on the duties of a special wall on this team, you have a lot of liberty with your Snorlax set. There are benefits to bringing off the wall and unexpected Snorlax sets, but I have arrived in DE/EQ/Curse/Rest for the sake of consistency. This set will do the most work game to game and takes advantage of your team structure to make Snorlax an offensive threat.

:raikou:/:Zapdos: Using Rest electrics without Sleep Talk is borderline unviable on offensive teams. The free turns it gives to your opponent will consistently sap your momentum, not to mention Sleep users causing issues for your team. Crunch Raikou is a good choice on this team to provide consistency against Substitute Jynx as Thunder + Hidden Power sets can get unlucky Sleep Talk sequences against Sub. Standard Sleep Talk Zapdos is always great. It’s longevity keeps it doing damage for the entire game and is a good answer to Lovely Kiss Nidoking, which otherwise causes issues for your team.

:Cloyster:I think all the reasons you cite to use Ice Beam / HP Electric Cloy rarely comes into affect. While Ice Beam can hax some games with freeze and hit Zapdos switch-ins hard, Cloyster’s priority is setting up Spikes. Cloy frequently gets worn down while Spiking and will not find many opportunities to fish for freezes. Additionally the worse Tyranitar matchup compared to Surf is significant. Nothing on your team switches into Rock Slide/Earthquake/Roar Ttar well. Surf Cloy won’t fix the issue of switching in, but it makes it that much more difficult for Ttar to get in in the first place.
You mention HP Electric as an way to punish Starmie, but Toxic is much more punishing. HP Electric’s 31-37% damage on Starmie is easily Recovered off. Toxic is also much more effective against other Cloyster. The whole “making it really hard for Cloyster to get on the field” is a moot point when you use Porygon2. Your P2 gives virtually free entry to other Cloy (more on this later) and must always switch out for fear of Toxic. Poisoning the opponent’s Cloy let’s you wear them down over the course of the game, something HP Electric cannot do. HP Elec is inconsequential against Vaporeon of Suicune as youd much rather go to an electric/Lax to apply some pressure rather than explode on them with Cloy. Toxic also let’s you set up Spikes on opposing Snorlax. If you don’t have the ability to force Rest, you will get into a really rough situation if Lax Curses up on your Cloy.

:gengar:No comments, good set.

Overall, using Porygon2 as a check to Snorlax is interesting and has a place in GSC. However, using Porygon2 as your primary Snorlax check comes with its own problems.
P2 can switch into Lax and stall out it’s attacks with Recover yes, but P2 is also forced to use Recover every time it is under 90% HP. Failing to use Recover leaves you vulnerable to Snorlax crits, which will happen eventually if you try to PP stall. Additionally if P2 does not use Recover and the opponent switches out into a special attacker or something with status, P2 needs to switch. Trying to then switch in against Lax at lower HP is more difficult and crit susceptible.
This is all a long winded way to say the P2 is a very passive Snorlax wall all things considered and needs to keep itself in pristine condition to remain an effective wall. You also have an inherent weakness to Body Slam Snorlax. Lovely Kiss Snorlax is also difficult to play around if your initial reaction is to switch P2 into every Lax. This is not insurmountable, but it does complicate your game plan. As a result, I think P2 is best paired with a normal resist to share the burden of walking Lax. Golem comes to mind as a good partner. The ability to remove Spikes is a nice perk when P2 lets many things switch in.
As a final critique, please don’t lead P2. Leads in GSC aren’t that important, by literally every other team member has a better aggregate matchup against the common leads of Lax/Cloy/Electrics/Sleepers. P2 is bad vs 3/4 of these choices and trying to catch Lax leads isn’t that important when P2 switches in freely, especially early game when Spikes aren’t up.

Everything said, the downsides I mentioned above are not that bad. Your team is solid and P2 serves a solid niche. The combination of Gengar + Spikes + Electrics is a great way to break down defensive teams and Curse Lax + Curse P2 can run through unprepared offense or an unaware opponent. Good job with the teambuilding.
All pretty fair comments and criticisms. The comment about Zap definitely hit the hardest. I sort of thought about it and opting to use rest helped me in about as many games as it hurt me, but the more important element of this is that I just wasn't using it in like 90% of games. I think whirlwind is necessary though, since phasing is very much needed to deal with BP, as this is already a weaker Matchup for this team comp. The phasing option also is a nice backup option for when things go wrong or you lose your Pory, allowing a role for sleep into a switch and phase attempt. Not great odds, but about a coin toss, which is pretty solid for a backup, backup option. Raikous is much better as a sleep absorber and can afford to get blown up on due to having two electrics, and crunch helps alot in taking care of most sleepers and is useful in 1v1 last mon situations. With that being said, I gave it some thought and decided to swap rest for protect on Zap. This helps alot for sneaking in a bit of regen and giving a backup/safer option for baiting boom on Steelix, Golem, and a number of other non-walled exploders like Gengar.

The New Zap Set:

-Thunder
-HP Ice
-Whirlwind
-Protect

With Lax, I switched back and forth between a few of the sets. I liked the one you settled on alot too, as it is typically the safest, most bread and butter lax set there is. The thing is though, I've found alot of high ladder stall teams to be very tough to crack with this set and it is typically unnecessary for lower ladder opponents. I've found the moveset of flamethrower-EQ-lovely kiss-SD to be quite effective at quickly dismantling stall teams in many games and tend to go at least 1 sleep and a KO in most worst case scenarios. The combo of SD - lovely kiss - flamethrower-EQ also helps alot in the BP matchup, often shutting down 2-3 mons (fire for scizor, sleep for Marowak, EQ for unboosted Jolteon, boom as general trade). You do get a bit walled by Zap, but sleeping a threat to your team and then blowing up the number two Mon in the tier is not such a bad trade if you choose to make it. Pory does such a solid job at stopping Lax, that I often don't sweat doing this unless there Lax is body slam or thunder.

Cloyster is the set I'm probably most open to criticism on. Starmie usually just gives me so many headaches that I often just opt to blow up on it. Sometimes this works in my favour, as they occasionally get greedy, but this has left me vulnerable to stall in the past. Boom on Lax helps with this a bit, but only helps so much. Hidden power electric, in truth, IS kinda garbage for Starmie. The best use for this move it to apply alot of pressure to the opposing cloyster in order to encourage it to go for a trade, which can be exploited with Gengar. I'm not a huge fan of toxic, as it makes it easier to soak sleep later in the game, but it obviously should be the go to for properly dealing with Starmie (and certainly can help with Lax and non-rest mons). Ice beam is a bit of a toss up too, but I've never really felt hindered by this. Obvious it would have to go if I opted for toxic though. It is worth noting, however, that the freeze can not only cheese some games, but can make it a bit dicey for Starmie to keep switching in as well (sort of like non-para'd Chansey in RBY). This does have synergy with HP electric, as it will prevent the Starmie from being too cocky on fishing for thaws once frozen (though you can always just boom, but this risks losing spikes if Starmie switches and later thaws or is belled). As far as things like T-Tar though, the threat of surf can usually keep them at bay for a bit anyway, often encouraging a switch to Zap. If they opt to stay in, ice beam usually does "good enough", sort of acting like a bit of a hedge. Either way, of all the criticisms, this is the one I'm most likely to change I think (in part because the freezes can actually be bad, sort of ruining the Porygon check with many Lax sets).

As far as the recovery criticisms on Pory go, I can assure you that this is almost never an issue. Lax can't usually afford to switch out once you are both cursed up and if Lax isn't running curse, you can opt to curse up and turn the tables on it. Half the value of Pory is just being able to so safely scout the Lax set. The biggest threat is Para, but this can be played around by intentionally switching in to toxic or by simply cursing up early once body slam of thunder is reveal (though this trick only works once, since they can switch out once they para). It is worth noting that a para'd Pory sometimes actually gets an advantage due to no longer to be reliably rest stalled in a curse war. There are too many niche scenarios to mention here, but I'll say this: Porygon2 is so good at checking Lax, that it has almost become a crutch for me and I almost feel naked not using it. The more I use Porygon, the more I find that previously thought weaknesses are actually often strengths and the more I find Pory's flaws to be manageable.

I made one last push for 1500 with it the other night and lost my final boss fight at 1497 Elo. I seem to keep getting blue balled at the finish line, especially by BP, but overall I'm happy with the overall performance of the team. I'll likely take a break and take care of some IRL business for a bit while I wait for the BP hype to die down a bit and then will give the push for top 10/1500+ another go.

Last edited:
I just finished making a long post about the viability of Porygon2, so I figured I'd come a post the main team that inspired that post. This team may just look like "Five good pokemon and a Porygon2", but there is a bit more going on than that.

Porygon2 (The Star of the Show):

-Return
-Curse
-Ice Beam
-Recover

You can go and read my post about Porygon (Here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gsc-ou-discussion-thread.3688141/page-2), but the main gist is that Porygon2 can pretty reliably keep Snorlax from doing Snorlax things in a similar fashion to how Porygon does in gen 1. Pory exists on this team as the primary way of keeping Snorlax out of play and is dedicated strictly for this roll until Lax is down (sometimes at his hands... er... feet? flippers? You get the point.)

Snorlax:

-Double Edge
-Curse
-Sleep Talk
-Rest

OR

-Earthquake
-Curse
-Rest

OR

-Earthquake
-Lovely Kiss or Curse
-Self Destruct

Just doin' Snorlax things. The top set is gets a bit stuffed by Gengar (and Missy) and, without pursuit support, this can be a bit of an annoyance. I typically like to run one of the bottom two (though the top set helps a lot against Nidoking). As usual, Lax has alot of options for sets. With Pory in the mix, your Lax will not have to be dealing with the opposing Lax nearly as often, so you have a bit more flexibility here.

Cloyster:

-Ice Beam
-HP Electric
-Spikes
-Explosion

Boy, do I ever like my freeze hacks. Ice beam provides more opportunities for freeze hacks and helps to punish obvious Zapdos switch-ins. Ice beam freeze hacks also give a desperate out for certain games which are otherwise lost and can no longer be won by "clean play". Ice beam plus high defense generally does a good enough job of keeping out/punishing most ground/rock types not named Tyranitar. But of course, ice beam is not the main reason to run Cloyster. You run Cloyster for the same reasons you always run Cloyster: spikes and boom, with a bit of offense on the side. HP electric helps to smash opposing shells or encourages them to boom and also helps to keep Starmie in check. HP electric also has the benefit hitting just about everything except ground types pretty effectively (which wouldn't dare to switch in on Cloyster). This helps to give Cloyster a bit of an advantage against other water types, such as Vaporeon and Suicune, by wearing them down in to boom range reliably or encouraging them to switch). The combo of "bolt beam" also serves to discourage Skarmory from trying to switch in and eat a boom.

Raikou:

-Thunder (or Thunderbolt)
-Crunch or Roar
-Sleep Talk (or Reflect)
-Rest

Raikou has some options. Crunch combined with rest-talk helps it to switch in on Gengar hypnosis and Jynx lovely kiss and then prevent them from getting too cocky. It also helps with some really cocky Starmie, which I have an especial hatred for. Crunch also has the ability to lower defense, thus forcing out opposing raikou (or really any pokemon with high Sp.D. that decides they want to stay in and brawl). Roar can be used for spikes shuffling or a desperate phase attempt on a sleeping pokemon, but this is less necessary with Lax being kept in check by Pory. Reflect and light screen are both decent options as well depending on what you decide to go with, but you'll need to make sure you have at least one sleep absorber on the team, and Raikou is generally best for this roll (as he can still act as a special wall pretty effectively while asleep), especially against Jynx. Does pretty well against Eggy too.

Gengar:

-Thunderbolt
-Ice Punch
-Hypnosis
-Explosion

You can go read the Porygon2 post for more info, but basically Gengar, in addition to being an amazing pokemon it its own right, synergizes very well with Pory and its ability to keep out Snorlax. Gengar allows for both a guaranteed backup wall to some Lax sets and a shaky makeshift "do a lil' dance" backup when the absolute worst of the worst happens with Porygon and they have a combo of EQ and normal STAB PP remaining. Basically, you can either drain what little PP remains after a failed Pory wall attempt or hypnosis and phase with either Raikou or Zapdos. Also does the normal shenanigans, like spin-blocking, boom-blocking, going boom, revenge killing and cleaning, sleeping threats, etc. Gengar is just, all around, very good and is even better on this team.

Zapdos:

-Thunder
-Hidden Power Ice
-Sleep Talk or Whirlwind (or Lightscreen)
-Rest

Zapdos is, unsurprisingly, making its way on to this team. Zapdos provides an EQ pivot, spikes avoidance, and provides a lot of threat. Without Lax able to exploit it nearly as easily, Zap can much more freely rain down thunders on the opposing team. Whirlwind exists as an option for spikes shuffling, as a desperate phaser, and as a phaser for sleeping boosted pokemon (put to sleep with hypnosis or lovely kiss). Light Screen is just pretty solid support, but isn't as necessary with Raikou helping to wall Zap and serving as a reliable special wall in general.

---

The core idea here is that Pory keeps the opposing Lax out of the game (just as he does in Gen 1), Raikou keeps the opposing Zap out of the game, and both electrics and Gengar make it really hard for Cloyster to get on the field and do its job without give your team opportunity. That right there deals with the three top pokemon in the metagame. Raikou provides a decent answer for Gengar as well, using the threat of para and crunch to prevent it from staying in after it sleeps and denying it the option to remove the team's only electric with boom (since there are two (duh!); also makes it harder to target the better of the two, Zapdos). Crunch also makes Raikou a bit better at handling itself, while EQ on Snorlax can make it harder for Raikou to phase. The bottom line is that this team uses the top metagame threats alongside Pory to DEAL with the top metagame threats.

The standard team comes equip with 2-3 booms, 1-2 phasers for spikes shuffling and as an "acceptable" phasing for boosted sweepers when combo'd with sleep (or a lucky game of chicken), 1-2 late game curse sweepers, two electrics (to keep out and punish Cloyster and any resulting switch-ins), a boom and spin absorber, 1-2 sleepers, 1-2 sleep absorbers, two special walls, plenty of paralysis from thunders, and all the freeze hacks you could ever want.

*Pats hood* This baby can go for miles.
I like this. Duck is a really cool mon, and double normal cant really go wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)