Gen 5 balanced UU

Hello everyone and welcome to the display of my Pokemon Showdown team. I hope I can get some good feedback that will allow me to make this team better.
597.gif
488.gif
009.gif
461.gif
640.gif
609.gif

1. Entry Hazard Supporter
597.gif

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Ferroseed is my main residual damage user and is a great pokemon for setting up entry hazards as well a crippling fast threats like Weavile, Crobat, and Ambipom and getting iron barbs damage if they attack. The downside of this set is it's tendency to become taunt bait and potentially give up a free sub of boost on the forced switch. But overall, Ferroseed has the typing, movepool, and access to eviolite that a good NFE wall can definitely take advantage of.

2. Dual Screen Supporter
488.gif

Cresselia @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance

Cresselia is a dual screening mixed wall that can take pretty much any hit coming from a UU pokemon and set up a screen to destroy their offensive powers. Cresselia is an optimal supporter with access to Lunar Dance to fully heal a worn down sweeper and potentially save a match. I adjusted the EV's to give her exactly 322 in both defenses and 444 HP. I know this set is taunt bait, so I have been contemplating either Psychic, for strong STAB, or Hidden Power Fighting to cripple unexpecting dark and steel types.

3. Rapid Spin Supporter
009.gif

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Roar

Blastoise is my spinner and special wall with phazing and stalling capabilities. Blastoise is only in this team because he is the only spinner with good bulk and synergy with my team. I normally get lucky with burns from Scald, which definitely helps out on the physical side. I prefer Roar over Dragon Tail because of it's ability to break through Substitute, better accuracy, and therefore it's reliability.

4. Physical Sweeper #1
461.gif

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Weavile is an awesome sweeper with access to swords dance and, with this set, super effective coverage on 11 types and a 125 base speed stat. I often use Weavile as a surprise lead and set up a Swords Dance on a switch and proceed to wreak havoc, sometimes winning in 7 turns, assuming my opponent doesn't have a scarfer. With Rapid Spin support, Weavile can be one of the best revenge killers in the game, as well as destroying other common threats at full health

5. Physical Sweeper #2
640.gif

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Virizion is one of my favorite pokes to date, and has an awesome move pool, even though I essentially copied the smogon set, and a good attacking ability in Justified. I used to have a Calm Mind Virizion with max Special Def, but I got tired of the low accuracy of Focus Blast. Now SD Vrizion destroys with great coverage from Stone Edge. I think Sub could also be a viable option, but Virizion badly needs the coverage.

6. Special DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!!!
609.gif

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Substitute

Chandelure is my final pokemon who absolutely wrecks with the unexpected Energy Ball on an obvious SubSplit set. Chandelure now hits Blastoise, Suicune, Swampert, and Rhyperior for Super Effective damage, to name a few. I have been in countless scenarios in which Energy Ball punched holes in a bulky water type. Behind a Sub, Chandelure will smash anything, besides Snorlax, that gets in it's way.

Last edited:
Overall this looks like a great team. I feel like I might have battled you on showdown at some point. Anyway, on with the rate!!! I feel like your cresselia seems...out of place. The lure of dual sceens is often not worth the momentum sucker that cresselia can be, not to mention yours is mad taunt bait, and something can come in, sub, and set up easily. Maybe change cress to an umbreon, as your team currently hates status, an umbreon can wall and heal, depending on the set you run. or maybe another solid special attacker like a subCM raikou or any zapdos variant. I hope anything Ive said helps :)

Thank you for the feedback! I actually switched my Cresselia to a CM ice beam + psychic set with max defence. I wanted a defensive poke, but umbreon would give me a fighting weakness, and allowing my team to be completely destroyed by scarfed h-cross. My only fighting resist would be Chandelure, which is OHKO'd by stone edge.

Cool team! Just a few points...
1. Ferroseed is okay. Most of the time its easier to taunt ferro with anything faster like crobat or sableye and switch to my sweeper like sub sd cobalion which a weak gyro ball wont come close to breaking. I prefer other hazard setters but ferro can do the job with smart play
2. I agree with the gent above on cress. Dual screens support is if youre running hyper offense which youre not. Subcm set might be better which you said you are experimenting with.
3. Chandy is great but i have a better moveset to try. Between substitute and life orb chandy is going to die very quickly. Why dont you drop energy ball for pain split. Itll allow you to beat snorlax better thanks to pain split. Energy ball hits rhyperior and swampy hard but i think shadowball is almost a clean 2hko on both.
4. Blastoise is okay. Im not a fan of him but oh well.
5. Virizion is perfect and is a fantastic wallbreaker than can beat snorlax and umbreon and slowbro with its stab moves. My suggestion is to have lum berry over lefties. I cant tell you how many sableye try burning virizion after it gets to +2.
6. I saved weavike for last for a reason. While it is very good it is really frail and prone to mach punch from hitmontop/lee. Since your team lacks a real revenge killer and loves keeping the hazards on you team i suggest trying trick room nasty plot cofagrigus. The natural physical bulk goes great with virizions natural special bulk. It is a fantastic late game sweeper and easily beats virizions hard to beat pokes (like slowbto withoit a sd boost). Also it functiona as anothet spinblocker along with chandy. The only pokes that cof has trouble with are togekiss meloetta and snorlax/umbreon which virizion beats all after one sd.

Edit: another pro for cofagrigus is it checks both hera and scarf shao!

Thank you so much Patrick. I replaced ferro and cress with trick room NP cofagrigus and umbreon. This also goes back to Squirtle's post about another solid special attacker and an umbreon. Thank you for all of the good feedback

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)