OU Gliscor

* Gliscor's solid natural bulk and defensive typing let it check threats like Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Choice Scarf Terrakion, and defensively inclined Landorus-T. With Special Defense investment, it can also check special attackers like Gengar, Mega Alakazam, and Tornadus-Therian.
* Its unique ability, Poison Heal, combined with Toxic Orb, restores 1/8th of its HP each turn and effectively makes it immune to status, letting it check or defeat a host of defensive Pokemon such as Clefable, Toxapex, Chansey, and Mega Sableye.
* A 4x weakness to Ice and 2x weakness to Water leave it easily KOed by threats like Weavile, Greninja, and Mamoswine.
* It's outclassed by Landorus-T in many defensive and offensive roles.
* It tends to get overwhelmed by powerful attacks from the likes of Mega Metagross and Mega Pinsir, as well as by setup sweepers like Zygarde and Scolipede.

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Knock Off / Facade
move 4: Roost
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Careful
evs: 244 HP / 168 SpD / 96 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Swords Dance gives Gliscor the power to beat down defensive Pokemon like Clefable, Toxapex, and Chansey.
* Earthquake is a STAB move that hits most things for decent damage.
* Gliscor's second attack is primarily so that it cannot be walled by Flying-types or Pokemon with Levitate. Knock Off deprives opponents of their items, which makes it pretty spammable early-game, and is a good tool for scouting, as it will let you know whether common switch-ins like Landorus-T are carrying a Z-Move or a different item. It also removes Shed Shell from Skarmory and Celesteela, which is useful if Gliscor is paired with Magnezone.
* Facade can be used over Knock Off, as it does more damage in general and makes beating certain targets such as Tapu Bulu and Buzzwole easier. It also deals much more damage to Pokemon whose items can't be removed, such as Mega Pinsir and Mega Charizard as well as Z-Move users such as Landorus-T and Salamence.
* Roost is obligatory to prevent Gliscor from being worn down.

Set Details
========

* 96 Speed EVs let Gliscor outspeed Adamant Max Speed Tapu Bulu, removing its Choice Band or hitting it with Facade before it can strike back.
* 244 HP EVs gives Gliscor a Poison Heal number, meaning it recovers as much as possible each turn.
* The remaining EVs are invested in Special Defense, which lets Gliscor check Tornadus-T, Gengar, Clefable, Nihilego, and Toxapex, among other threats.
* A spread with less Speed can be used to still check specific slower threats while having greater bulk overall.

Usage Tips
========

* Be wary of Knock Off and Will-O-Wisp users before Toxic Orb activates.
* Use Knock Off to wear down and scout the opponent's team early-game, especially if it has solid switch-ins like Landorus-T.
* It could be worthwhile to scout for Hidden Power Ice on Pokemon that occasionally carry it like Zapdos.
* If faced with a defensive Pokemon that Gliscor can't immediately break through, use Swords Dance, but watch out for Foul Play users like Mega Sableye and Mandibuzz.
* Against offensive teams Swords Dance isn't typically worth using; they'll usually have an offensive Pokemon that can revenge kill Gliscor, so it might be best just to use Roost and attack.

Team Options
========

* A bulky Water-type that can easily switch in on Water- and Ice-type attacks makes an ideal partner for Gliscor. Rotom-W, Toxapex, or Slowbro are fine examples of this.
* Mega Scizor is a solid partner that checks Weavile, Mamoswine, and Mega Metagross, and can Pursuit trap them as well as troublesome wallbreakers like Tapu Lele. It can also check some variants of Tapu Bulu, which don't care about anything Gliscor can throw at it.
* Magnezone can remove Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Celesteela, all of which can be hard for Gliscor to break through, and it appreciates Shed Shells being Knocked Off.
* A Grass-type like Mega Venusaur or Ferrothorn could make a good partner, as it can check Water-types that Gliscor is afraid of. Ferrothorn in particular appreciates Gliscor's ability to check Fighting-types and Heatran if need be and provides hazard support in turn, while Mega Venusaur is a better check to Keldeo and Tapu Fini. It can also deal with Tapu Bulu to an extent.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* A set based around Taunt can work as a somewhat effective stallbreaker that can prevent troublesome setup sweepers like Zygarde from setting up as well as keep support Pokemon such as Skarmory or Chansey from setting up entry hazards or healing.
* Protect can be run on any set so that Gliscor can activate your Toxic Orb in the face of a status user as well as scout for potential Ice coverage while getting a free turn of recovery. However, Gliscor usually prefers having much more sizeable recovery in Roost.
* Substitute + Toxic is a classic set that functions well against certain kinds of offensive teams, but it has too many counters, such as Skarmory, Celesteela, and Mega Sableye, to be effective in most matchups.
* Ice Fang can be used to defeat opposing Gliscor and get a strong hit on Landorus-T, Garchomp, Zygarde, and Salamence as they set up, but it's otherwise very weak and Gliscor already beats potential targets such as defensive Garchomp and defensive Landorus-T.
* Baton Pass can be used to pass Swords Dance or Agility boosts to a teammate, but Gliscor must give up two moveslots to do so, leaving it unable to either heal or sweep on its own.
* Stealth Rock can be used if you want a Stealth Rock setter that is difficult to wear down.
* Acrobatics can be used to deal a modest amount of damage to Buzzwole and Tapu Bulu. However, it's quite weak unless run alongside Fling, which costs a valuable moveslot that Gliscor can't really afford to give up, or unless you switch Gliscor into a predicted Knock Off, which is prediction- and matchup-reliant.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ice-types**: Ice-types like Weavile, Mamoswine, and Kyurem-B can easily OHKO Gliscor with their STAB Ice-type attacks.

**Water-types**: Water-types, especially special attackers like Keldeo, Greninja, and Rotom-W, can 2HKO or OHKO Gliscor with their Water-type moves.

**Ice-type Coverage**: Most Ice-type coverage moves are able to 2HKO Gliscor at worst. Pokemon like Tapu Koko, Greninja, Thundurus, Buzzwole, and Porygon-Z can swiftly dispatch Gliscor with such moves.

**Grass-types**: Gliscor struggles to do much damage with Earthquake to Grass-types, and they can usually heal up on or break through Gliscor. Mega Venusaur can break through with Giga Drain, as Gliscor loses its Flying typing as it uses Roost. Serperior can switch in on an Earthquake and proceed to 2HKO with Leaf Storm. Tapu Bulu takes halved damage from Earthquake thanks to Grassy Terrain, is tough to wear down thanks to the passive healing, and can easily OHKO with a Choice Band Wood Hammer or simply spam Horn Leech until Gliscor is forced to switch out. Amoonguss can remove Gliscor's boosts with Clear Smog, but it does take some decent damage from a boosted Earthquake. Tangrowth can use its physical bulk and Regenerator to check Gliscor throughout the match.

**Setup Sweepers**: Gliscor's bulk is not extremely impressive, and it can be set up on by a number of threats such as Double Dance Landorus-T, Swords Dance Garchomp, and Mega Pinsir, which can then proceed to break through Gliscor thanks to its inability to do much back.

Last edited:

Vague

Banned deucer.
in all honesty is the taunt set even worth its own set rather than an oo mention at most? it's a really inferior stallbreaker compared to the much more potent sd set, but that's just imo.

^Yeah I agree with this, what Taunt can do is quite limited compared to the usefulness of SD, namely beating stuff like non-Foul Play Sableye while threatening Calm Mind Clefable. It's only OO at best.

Some changes:
  • Removed Facade from slashing on SD, it kinda sucks imo and I don't see anyone using it. I left in Moves, though.
  • Removed Toxic from slashing on Taunt, left it in moves. Earthquake + Knock Off is tough to give up.
  • New formatting.
  • Went more in depth on a few sections.
I'm gonna leave Taunt as a full set for now, it's still viable for beating most of the things SD can beat plus Mega Scizor, basically anything with Bulk Up, Unaware CM Clefable which seems quite popular at the moment, Zygarde, as well as some other things I can't care to list rn. No one's saying it's better than SD but calling Taunt "OO at best" is really selling it short imo. Of course I might be spitballing here so maybe I can get some more second opinions, I'm not opposed to taking it down at all if that's the general consensus

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Overview

* Solid bulk and defensive typing that lets it check threats like Garchomp, Terrakion, Zygarde-10% or Landorus-Therian.
Add Excadrill and remove Terrakion since the latter isn't particularly relevant in the current metagame. I'd also take out Zygarde-10% because it actually walks all over Gliscor (it takes 42.8 - 50.5% from CB Thousand Arrows).

Sometimes struggles to activate Toxic Orb safely if it's not running Protect, especially against status users.
Activating Poison Heal isn't too difficult since the Pokemon it typically switches into generally don't carry status (watch out for Knock Off Lando-T though). A more pertinent shortcoming would be that Gliscor finds itself easily overwhelmed in the current metagame, where threats like Mega Metagross, Zygarde and Z move sweepers just punch their way through it.

Add in Ferrothorn to the list of Pokemon that it defensive Pokemon it counters. Unlike Lando, it's less affected by Leech Seed, it has Taunt and can freely set up on it.

Swords Dance

* Facade can be used over Knock Off, and it does more damage in general than Knock Off and makes beating certain things like Gliscor or Breloom easier. It's worth nothing that you don't need Knock Off in order to hit Gengar this generation, meaning that there are no OU-viable pokemon immune to both Earthquake and Facade.
Neither Gliscor or Breloom are particularly common so you should mention something else. +2 Facade can damage Tapu Bulu, though you probably still get wrecked by it via Horn Leech unless it's weakened.

* A Grass type like Mega Venusaur could make a good partner, as it can check Water types that Gliscor is afraid of.
Might as well thrown in Ferrothorn. It can provide Stealth Rock damage and appreciates Gliscor's ability to take on Fighting-type moves (and in a pinch, Heatran)

Not sure if the Taunt set is viable, but being able to stop mons like Mega Scizor, Zygarde and Azumarill (from setting up on you) seems pretty handy on paper. The QC team will look into it.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
* Solid bulk and defensive typing that lets it check threats like Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, or Landorus-Therian
I'm iffy on the mention on Landorus-T. Hidden Power Ice is becoming more common on Defensive Landorus-T (it's a 2HKO), though if Landorus-T switches into Gliscor it's dicey since Landorus-T lacks recovery and Gliscor has Roost. A bigger problem is the offensive Landorus-T really push Gliscor over the edge easily. They don't take boosted damage from Knock Off for example and +2 Supersonic Skystrike or Continental Crush means a dead Gliscor.
* Tends to get overwhelmed by powerful attacks from the likes of wallbreakers like Mega Metagross, Zygarde, or Kartana
I would mention something else over Kartana - Scolipede is probably fine since Hydro Vortex easily smashes through Gliscor in a pinch or just keep hitting Aqua Tail after a Swords Dance. Just... anything else but Kartana.

On the first set I would just slash Facade with Knock Off. If you're desperate to bypass Celesteela you're better off with other teammates like Magnezone or Heatran. I would say the same with Skarmory, though most Skarmory will often carry Shed Shell and is probably one of the bigger exceptions why Knock Off still remains a better option. Facade also hits Landorus-T harder which can be important on a weakened defensive Landorus-T since Offensive will usually outspeed and have immunity to Knock Off's boosted base power with their Z Item.
* Use Knock Off to wear down the opponent early game, especially if they have solid switch-ins like Landorus-T.
I would also mention Knock Off is a good indicator on what Landorus-T you're facing. It at least eliminates the equation of "Offensive or Defensive", which alone is pretty substantial. Also mention that Gliscor and its team should scout out for Hidden Power Ice.

Kind of so-so opinions with Team Options. Mega Scizor seems to be a pretty solid partner because it checks a lot of things Gliscor has problems with. Pursuit Mega Scizor eliminates the threat of Mega Metagross while Defensive Swords Dance is still an okay partner too. Stopping Weavile and at least threatening Mamoswine is a nice trait to have. Also helps mildly against Landorus-T, though it's not great. Magnezone is also a pretty decent partner just because it can harass things that you would normally run Knock Off for. Even with Knock Off it's still a nice partner because it eliminates Shed Shell from Skarmory's equation. I'd like to ask if possible to re-visit team options here if possible. One thing is you have nothing here for Tapu Bulu, which just screams taking advantage of Gliscor over and over again and punishing whatever switch-in with either boosted Grass-type attacks or the potential All-Out Pummeling. Mega Venusaur is a decent partner and you at least have it mentioned in Team Options. Not mentioning something to take care of Tapu Bulu in word form just sounds really odd because Tapu Bulu seems to be the number one counter to Gliscor.

Speaking further on Bulu, did you per chance test for higher Speed on that Gliscor? You have it set right at base 70s, and most base 70s are rather underwhelming in the tier right now. Bisharps sometimes opt for Jolly which makes it irrelevant and Breloom is quite the rare Pokemon. I feel you should push at Adamant Tapu Bulu at a minimum. Scald from Toxapex is currently a 5HKO with this spread, and no Special Defense investment is like a 4HKO. +2 Facade does a pretty hefty number to Tapu Bulu at least. The change in Special Defense is still a very possible 5HKO after Poison Heal - which means not much really changes here.

244 HP / 168 SpD / 96 Spe outspeeds Adamant Bulu.

RE Taunt: I thought about this more and after some toying around, I think I'm going to reject it at this time. Other QC people can weigh in on it, but Taunt has a really big issue in that it's super passive without Toxic and that Stall currently has Mega Sableye which does not give a single damn about this Gliscor. If you're really aiming to beat Zygarde you need Toxic to apply full pressure on it. I think with Toxic is the only way I would currently accept it, but even with Toxic it's still hard blocked by Mega Sableye. I can compromise probably with Knock Off slashed there after Taunt, but Toxic really needs to be the main option in my opinion if this set stays. If that set also stays it really needs to switch the EVs as I would in the first set.
* Fling + Acrobatics lets you surprise Grass and Bug types who think they're safe, however Fling is mostly a wasted moveslot as it only works once, and Gliscor would prefer the utility of Knock Off most of the time. It also doesn't prevent Gliscor from losing to a number of Grass types, notably those that are faster, or strong enough to OHKO it.
* Defog can be used, as Gliscor has the resistances and bulk to switch into many common hazard setters, but in doing so you lose out on Poison Heal, making Gliscor extremely vulnerable to status and thereby losing its main niche over Landorus-Therian and other Ground types.
IMO just junk these. You never want to run Gliscor without Poison Heal and Fling takes up a precious moveslot.

For Checks and Counters I would clean it up a bit. Alolan Ninetales is more for a specific play-style and isn't really an OU mon otherwise. Weavile and Mamoswine are good. I think it could be cleaned up a little bit overall since Hidden Power Ice Landorus-T means it applies a mild amount of pressure on it and Offensive Landorus-T will just obliterate Gliscor off the map. Intimidate still kind of sucks too since it means Gliscor is a bit weaker even if Landorus-T is eliminated. You can also mention that Amoonguss can Clear Smog any Swords Dance boosts that Gliscor attempts to gather. Tangrowth is also pretty acceptable as a check since Regenerator and high physical durability make it a tough nut to crack and wear down.

I'll discuss more with QC on Taunt, but I think outside of that I'll call it 1/3 because this mon has been sitting for a month without a QC check and it's something that needs to be addressed eventually. If you need some help with C&C hit me up since you have quite a few of the good ones, but feel that the meta just advanced a bit further to where the analysis is a bit dated as well (and it's not your fault, by the way).

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
overview
- mention some of the special threats gliscor checks. it's just off-putting that you put all physical threats when you're running a spdef spread on the main set specifically to tackle certain mons.
- also mention that it can be overwhelmed by boosted attacks when you mention mons that can overwhelm it.

moves
- i don't see anything about hitting mons that are immune to eq with the second attacking slot, which is pretty much the main reason you use a second attack, so note that

other options
- mention acro (hits buzzwole, bulu)

really just nitpicks - this is solid

3/3

First off I'm a little unsure about mentioning Terrakion as one of the mons Gliscor checks in the overview since its matchup against certain sets can be a bit dicey. Choice Band Terrakion simply 2HKOs Gliscor with Stone Edge, and Continental Crush deals a ton of damage (~70%) even without any boosts. Needless to say it's an easy OHKO at +2. If you run into the rare LO SD it can OHKO at +2 as well. Gliscor without any defense investment is simply not a good check to Terrakion, although it fares pretty well against Scarf which is pretty good. So I only mentioned Choice Scarf Terrakion, which is a little awkward but more correct.

I mentioned a few special threats that Gliscor can check, namely Gengar, Mega Alakazam and Tornadus-T. Gliscor can switch in on these things from full and usually not die, although hax can tip the odds a little. I am not mentioning anything that almost always runs HP Ice, namely Tapu Koko and Nihilego. The physical threats I mentioned were things Gliscor could check by basis of its typing rather than its investment, but I hopefully cleared that up a little.

In regards to Acrobatics: It was previously on the analysis + Fling, but it was axed by suggestion of Colonel M so I'm not sure whether I should implement it Jukain . Tagging you both so you can see this. It's okay for hitting those targets but it's not really a great option at all cause of the item restriction. Fling gives up a moveslot, and if you're using offensive SD+Acrobatics Gliscor on a sand team or something (you know that rmt) it needs to compete with Landorus-T who can run Flying coverage on an SD set this gen. So as of now I didn't mention Acrobatics. If I can get a QC consensus before taking this to GP that would be great. I already implemented everything else Jukain mentioned.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Even though I think the combination is ass I'll allow it. Mention Acrobatics separately first that you're using it for Buzzwole and the niche opportunity of being a Knock Off switch-in. Afterwards mention Fling can be used alongside it if you want the power boost right away at the cost of a moveslot.

GP 1/1
remove add comments

* Gliscor's solid natural bulk and defensive typing lets it check threats like Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Choice Scarf Terrakion, or less offensive and defensively inclined Landorus-Therian. With Special Defense investment, it can also check special attackers like Gengar, Mega Alakazam, (comma) and or Tornadus-Therian.
* Its unique ability, (comma) Poison Heal, when coupled combined with Toxic Orb, (comma) gives it 1/8th passive recovery per turn restores 1/8th of its HP each turn and effectively makes it immune immunity to status, letting it check or defeat a host of defensive mons Pokemon such as Clefable, Toxapex, Chansey, or and Mega Sableye.
* A 4x weakness to Ice and 2x weakness to Water leave it easily KO'd KOed by threats like Weavile, Greninja, or and Mamoswine.
* It's outclassed by Landorus-Therian in many defensive and offensive roles.
* It tends to get overwhelmed by powerful attacks from the likes of Mega Metagross or and Mega Pinsir, (comma) or as well as by setup sweepers like Zygarde or and Scolipede.

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Knock Off / Facade
move 4: Roost
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Careful
evs: 244 HP / 168 SpD / 96 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Swords Dance gives you Gliscor ("you" refers to the battler, not the mon) the power to beat down defensive down Pokemon like Clefable, Toxapex, or and Chansey.
* Earthquake is your primary a STAB move that hits most things for decent damage.
* Gliscor's second attack is primarily so that it cannot be walled by Flying-types or Pokemon with Levitate. Knock Off deprives opponents of their items, (comma) which makes it pretty spammable early-(hyphen)game, and it also is a good tool for scouting, as it will let you know whether common switch-ins like Landorus-Therian are carrying a Z-move, Move or a different item. It also removes Shed Shell from Skarmory or and Celesteela, which is useful if Gliscor is paired with Magnezone.
* Facade can be used over Knock Off, and as it does more damage in general than Knock Off and makes beating certain targets, (comma) such as Tapu Bulu or and Buzzwole easier. It also deals much more damage compared to Knock Off to Pokemon whose items can't be removed, such as Mega Pinsir or and Mega Charizard, (comma) and as well as Z-Move users such as Landorus-Therian or and Salamence.
* Roost is obligatory to heal and prevent Gliscor from being worn down.

Set Details
========

* 96 Speed EVs let you Gliscor outspeed and beat Adamant Max maximum Speed Tapu Bulu, letting you remove removing its Choice Band or hitting it with Facade before it can strike back.
* 244 HP EVs gives you Gliscor a Poison Heal number, giving it the maximum possible Poison Heal recovery meaning it recovers as much as possible each turn.
* The remaining EVs are invested in Special Defense, which lets you Gliscor check Tornadus-T, Gengar, Clefable, Nihilego, and Toxapex, among other threats.
* A slower spread with less Speed can be used to still check specific slower threats while having greater bulk overall.

Usage Tips
========

* Be wary of Knock Off or and Will-oO-Wisp users before your Toxic Orb activates.
* Use Knock Off to wear down and scout the opponent's team early-(hyphen)game, especially if they have it has solid switch-ins like Landorus-T.
* It could be worthwhile to scouting for Hidden Power Ice on Pokemon that sometimes but don't always occasionally carry it, (comma) like Zapdos.
* If faced with a defensive Pokemon that you Gliscor can't immediately break through, use Swords Dance, but watch out for Foul Play users like Mega Sableye or and Mandibuzz.
* Against offensive teams, Swords Dance typically isn't worth using; they'll usually have an offensive Pokemon that can revenge kill you Gliscor, so it might be best just to use Roost and use attacks.

Team Options
========

* A bulky water type Water-type that resists can easily switch in on Water-(hyphen) and Ice-type attacks makes an ideal partner for Gliscor, (comma) as it can switch in on those types of attacks with ease. Something like Rotom-W, Toxapex, or and Slowbro are fine examples of this.
* Mega Scizor is a solid partner that checks Weavile, Mamoswine, and Mega Metagross, and can Pursuit trap them as well as troublesome wallbreakers like Tapu Lele. It can also check some variants or of Tapu Bulu, which mostly doesn't don't care about anything Gliscor can throw at it.
* Magnezone can remove Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Celesteela, who all of which can be hard for Gliscor to break through, and it appreciates Shed Shells being Knocked Off.
* A Grass-(hyphen)type like Mega Venusaur or Ferrothorn could make a good partner, as it can check Water-types that Gliscor is afraid of. Ferrothorn in particular appreciates Gliscor's ability to check Fighting-types and Heatran if need be, (comma) and provides entry hazard support in turn, while Mega Venusaur is a better check to Keldeo or and Tapu Fini. It can also deal with Tapu Bulu to an extent.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* A set based around Taunt can work as a somewhat effective stallbreaker that can prevent troublesome setup sweepers like Zygarde from setting up, (comma) as well as preventing keep support Pokemon such as Skarmory or Chansey from setting up entry hazards or healing.
* Protect can be run on any set so you that Gliscor can activate your its Toxic Orb in the face of a status user, (comma) or as well as scout for potential Ice coverage while getting a free turn of recovery. However, (comma) Gliscor usually prefers having much more sizeable recovery in Roost, (comma) and as such Protect is usually not worth the moveslot.
* Substitute + Toxic is a classic set that functions well against certain kinds of offensive teams, but it has too many hard counters, (comma) such as Skarmory, Celesteela, or and Mega Sableye, (comma) to be effective in most matchups.
* Ice Fang can be used to defeat opposing Gliscor and get a strong hit on boosting Landorus-Therian, Garchomp, Zygarde, or and Dragonite as they set up, but it's otherwise very weak and Gliscor already beats potential targets such as defensive Garchomp or and defensive Landorus-Therian.
* Baton Pass can be used to pass Swords Dance or Agility boosts to a teammate, but in doing so Gliscor must give up two moveslots to do so, leaving it unable to either heal or sweep on its own.
* Stealth Rock can be used if you want a Stealth Rock setter that is difficult to wear down over the course of a match.
* Acrobatics can be used as a means of to dealing a modest amount of damage to Buzzwole and Tapu Bulu. However, (comma) it's quite weak unless run alongside Fling, (comma) which eats up costs a valuable moveslot that Gliscor can't really afford to give up, or simply by unless you switching Gliscor into a predicted Knock Off, which is prediction-(hyphen) and matchup-(hyphen)reliant.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ice-Types types**: Ice-types like Weavile, Mamoswine, and Kyurem-WB can easily OHKO Gliscor with their STAB Ice-type attacks.

**Water-Types types**: Water-types, especially special attackers like Keldeo, Greninja, or and Rotom-Wash Rotom-W, (comma) can 2HKO or OHKO Gliscor with their Water-type moves.

**Pokemon with Ice coverage Ice-type Coverage**: Most Ice-type coverage moves are able to 2HKO Gliscor at worst. Pokemon like Tapu Koko, Greninja, Thundurus, Buzzwole, and Porygon-Z can swiftly dispatch of Gliscor with their respective Ice such moves.

**Grass-Types types**: Gliscor struggles to do much damage with Earthquake to Grass-types with Earthquake, and they can usually heal up on or break through Gliscor. Mega Venusaur can break through with Giga Drain, as Gliscor loses its Flying type typing as it uses Roosts. Serperior can switch in on an Earthquake and proceed to 2HKO with Leaf Storm. Tapu Bulu takes halved damage from Earthquake thanks to Grassy Terrain, is tough to wear down thanks to the passive healing, and can easily OHKO with a banded Choice Band Wood Hammer, (comma) or simply spam Horn Leech until Gliscor is forced to switch out. Amoonguss can remove Gliscor's boosts with Clear Smog, although it can but it does take some decent damage from a boosted Earthquake. Tangrowth can use its physical bulk and Regenerator to check Gliscor throughout a the match.

**Setup Sweepers**: Gliscor's bulk is not extremely impressive, and it can be set up on by a number of threats, (comma) such as Double Dance Landorus-Therian, Swords Dance Garchomp, or and Mega Pinsir, which can then proceed to break through Gliscor thanks to its inability to do much back.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)