SM LC Going Trick-or-Treating

Pumpkaboo_XY.gif
Onix_XY (1).gif
Mienfoo_XY.gif
Chinchou_XY.gif
Spritzee_XY.gif
Vullaby_XY.gif

Hey, Akkorokamui here with a team i had built in LC. It's a tier im pretty new two, the the team i put together has done some serious work, and its probably the best team i put together yet. Any and all advice would be helpful!

The Squad

Pumpkaboo.gif

Pumpkaboo-Small @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Frisk
Level: 5
EVs: 4 HP / 36 Def / 164 SpA / 156 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick-or-Treat
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

As i do when i start with a new tier, I love to ind a Pokemon that can sweep and clean up a game, my "win condition" if you would. I ended up settling on Pumpkaboo-Small, one part because it seemed effective, and one part because its spooky month. The goal is to get rid of all mons with Sucker Punch, and let the pumpkin use Z- rick-or-Treat, giving the pokemon +1 in everything! Shadow Ball and Giga Drain were the STAB of choice, while Fire Blast acted as my coverage move of choice.

Onix.gif

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Endure

Origionally, I had Dwebble here i this slot, but unfortunately, it's access to Knock Off felt pretty redundant when you have two others with it already. I changed this to Onix for its better speed, and ability to endure their Juice, allowing it to survive for a surprisingly long amount of time. Stealth Rock was a given to help with sweeping and wearing down foe, while Rock Blast and EQ acted as general STAB.

Mienfoo.gif

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Miefnfoo is my answer of choice to the troublesome Dark Types that counter Pumpkaboo. Not a whole lot to say, it's bulky, hits hard, pivots, offers self healing, it does it all. HJK is the STAB of choice, as that hits stupidly hard. U-Turn enables Regenerator, giving both moentum and healing at the same time. Knock Off is just a really strong answer to many bulky mons, and is generally a good support move. FInally, the last slot was very hard to settle upon, but i gave it Poison Jab for the fact that I might as well hit Fairy Type and some Grass Type threats hard on the switch in and the likes.

Chinchou.gif

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Chinchou is a really awesome member f this team, offering bulk, status, and is a part of my VoltTurn core. Scald and Volt switch are STAB, with Scald offering burns and Volt Switch ffers more momentum for the team. Ice Beam is solid coverage against some possible threats, and finally Thunder Wave is great at crippling offensive powerhouses.

Spritzee.gif

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Covet

At the time, I was afraid that this team would struggle in it's ability to go the distance. I wanted to make sure my sweepers and my VoltTurn core kept generating value for me while my opponent struggled with keeping up. Spritzee would be the solution to the longevity issue i was afraid of having. With Wish and Protect, Spritzee has access to solid healing and team healing. Moonblast was for hitting hard with STAB, and Covet was used for when i switched it a Knock Off, which Spritzee did a lot.

Vullaby_not_amused.gif

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Finally, i realized that this team lost HARD to Foongus, and I was in need of a counter. However, I also wanted to have access to some hazard control. Luckily, Overcoat Vullaby exists. Thanks to Overcot, this mon isn't affected by Spore, and with likely KO with its main STAB Bave Bird. Knock Off is a hard hitting move and support option, U-Turn gives even more power and momentum in my VotTurn core, and Defog gives the hazard control i lacked.

A Replay

Although it isnt optimal, I'm far from being the best player ever, it should give you a decent enough idea as to how the team can function!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-818781230

Thank You!​

Attachments

View attachment 139850View attachment 139843View attachment 139846View attachment 139849View attachment 139851View attachment 139852

Hey, Akkorokamui here with a team i had built in LC. It's a tier im pretty new two, the the team i put together has done some serious work, and its probably the best team i put together yet. Any and all advice would be helpful!

The Squad

View attachment 139826

Modest Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

As i do when i start with a new tier, I love to ind a Pokemon that can sweep and clean up a game, my "win condition" if you would. I ended up settling on Pumpkaboo-Small, one part because it seemed effective, and one part because its spooky month. The goal is to get rid of all mons with Sucker Punch, and let the pumpkin use Z- rick-or-Treat, giving the pokemon +1 in everything! Shadow Ball and Giga Drain were the STAB of choice, while Fire Blast acted as my coverage move of choice.

View attachment 139827

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Endure

Origionally, I had Dwebble here i this slot, but unfortunately, it's access to Knock Off felt pretty redundant when you have two others with it already. I changed this to Onix for its better speed, and ability to endure their Juice, allowing it to survive for a surprisingly long amount of time. Stealth Rock was a given to help with sweeping and wearing down foe, while Rock Blast and EQ acted as general STAB.

View attachment 139828

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Miefnfoo is my answer of choice to the troublesome Dark Types that counter Pumpkaboo. Not a whole lot to say, it's bulky, hits hard, pivots, offers self healing, it does it all. HJK is the STAB of choice, as that hits stupidly hard. U-Turn enables Regenerator, giving both moentum and healing at the same time. Knock Off is just a really strong answer to many bulky mons, and is generally a good support move. FInally, the last slot was very hard to settle upon, but i gave it Poison Jab for the fact that I might as well hit Fairy Type and some Grass Type threats hard on the switch in and the likes.

View attachment 139835

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Chinchou is a really awesome member f this team, offering bulk, status, and is a part of my VoltTurn core. Scald and Volt switch are STAB, with Scald offering burns and Volt Switch ffers more momentum for the team. Ice Beam is solid coverage against some possible threats, and finally Thunder Wave is great at crippling offensive powerhouses.

View attachment 139837

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Covet

At the time, I was afraid that this team would struggle in it's ability to go the distance. I wanted to make sure my sweepers and my VoltTurn core kept generating value for me while my opponent struggled with keeping up. Spritzee would be the solution to the longevity issue i was afraid of having. With Wish and Protect, Spritzee has access to solid healing and team healing. Moonblast was for hitting hard with STAB, and Covet was used for when i switched it a Knock Off, which Spritzee did a lot.

View attachment 139839

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Finally, i realized that this team lost HARD to Foongus, and I was in need of a counter. However, I also wanted to have access to some hazard control. Luckily, Overcoat Vullaby exists. Thanks to Overcot, this mon isn't affected by Spore, and with likely KO with its main STAB Bave Bird. Knock Off is a hard hitting move and support option, U-Turn gives even more power and momentum in my VotTurn core, and Defog gives the hazard control i lacked.

A Replay

Although it isnt optimal, I'm far from being the best player ever, it should give you a decent enough idea as to how the team can function!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-818781230

Thank You!​
This team is overall pretty solid. But there are some flaws.
1. Not sure why you're running Endure with Sturdy in the same set.
2. Run Fake Out on Mienfoo instead of Knock Off.
3. Not sure why you're running Trick-Or-Treat on Pumpkaboo. Pumpkaboo is slow; taking the turn to use trick or treat on that turn can let people switch out to something that will counter Pumpkaboo, also, Ghostium Z isn't optimal. Since Pumpkaboo lacks a good SpA stat, you could run LeechSeed/Substitute(or Will-o-Wisp) over TrickOrTreat/ShadowBall.
4. I'm not sure the purpose of Spritzee on this team at all.

I hope you take these changes into consideration.

So, first rating of mine.

I noticed that your team lacked serious speed control, with bulky and slow mons. A solution would be to put Weak Armor Onix on SturdyBJ Onix, to keep up with the fast Weak Armorer Vullaby, and also to annoy voltturn, in combination with chinchou.

Speaking of Chinchou, it's p bad atm, because of Foongus, because of how it's easy to trap, etc. I'd suggest a trapper magnemite on the chinchou, to take care of annoying pawns that could sucker all the way your Pumpk. Btw, Onix already annoys Voltturn cores of its own. Make the Mag scarf if you want to, it can add some speed control your team lacks.

I know this is a bit weird for me to say that, because I said your team lacked speed, but make the mienfoo slow bulky foo, to my mind it would really help to have a slow turn into your sweeper or your magnemite or whatever. Plus, it can take care of WA Vull too if it's not Protect (lol who plays this). Oh and also, please put Fake Out on PJab, while it seems good on paper, it fails to hit hard what we want this to do. Spritz doesn't take too muh if it's not knocked (which is hard, considering Covet) and good luck to beat Snubbull with this.

Your answer to Foongus, aka Overcoat Vully boi (I 100% approve, being an Overcoat Vully lover even if I don't play this anymore) isn't reliable. It macks reliable recovery and is more deadweight than another thing, because it doesn't have reliable recovery, because it doesn't do things that a WA Vull would do. So you have to make a choice, put Roost in there, or use your pumpk to absorb spores and go for a WA Vull. Yeah, you could just add Roost ftm. But Overcoat Vully to counter Foongus isn't reliable because of Sludge Bomb's poison chance, whereas other mons like Foongus, Ferro or even Chespin (Bulletproof mvp) don't get poisoned by this, but you'd have to rebuild the team in order to put one efficiently, and I'm not a fan of double grass imo.

Grimer-Alola would be a bit tough for the team to deal with but with correct plays, you can beat it, still something to consider though. Abra matchup seems tough too, so there you could try SpDef WA Vull.

So with these changes we added :

- Speed Control

- Hard-answer to Pawn (which can trap it and remove it, cuz knocked slowfoo loses the 1v1 if it gets Iron Headed on the switch

- Fixed the foo set

- Put less susceptibility to trappers (yeah, WA Onix helps to that point too)

- Made Overcoat Vully more reliable to counter Foongus

- Gave more setup opportunities via slow u-turn & voltturn

Modest Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Onix @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Protect

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Careful Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Covet

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Modest Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Onix @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Protect

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Careful Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Covet

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

This is my first rate so if I got things wrong, feel free to correct me. Hope I could help you. Happy Halloween !!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)