Grammar Prose Workshop v2 (updated 12/4/17!)

Mew is an extremely versatile Pokemon because it can learn every TM and HM in the game. has access to an enormous movepool. Furthermore, Mew is the only Defogger in the metagame tier with access to Will-O-Wisp and no Stealth Rock weakness, (I mean Latios/Latias and Scizor have no Stealth Rock weakness either.) which lets it cripple Defiant users such as Bisharp by halving their Attack from Will-O-Wisp. (Probably subjective change) Overall, Mew has good offensive and defensive stats but is not really that outstanding when compared to bulkier Psychic-types such as Mega Slowbro, regular Slowbro, and Cresselia. Mew has a pretty good Speed stat as well, which lets it outspeed outpace slower Pokemon. (period) and attack them. Mew also has access to a form of reliable recovery in Soft-Boiled, which allows it to recover health. contributes to Mew's longevity on the field. Synchronize is a useful ability for Mew, (RC) because it can can punish status users. (period) if they inflict status on Mew. (Idk but this seems redundant to me.) It can also provide utility against Scald burns. However, Mew's typing is subpar, which leaves it very vulnerable weak to common Bug-, Ghost-, and Dark-types, such as Scizor, Gengar, and Mega Gyarados. Mew also has suffers from four-moveslot syndrome, (AC) limiting its move choices. because it cannot benefit from all move options it learns. Despite Mew's incredibly huge movepool, it only has a few viable sets that aren't outclassed by other Pokemon in the tier.

Tried not to be too subjective on this. q.q

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Mew is an extremely versatile Pokemon because it can learn every TM and HM in the game. has access to an enormous movepool. Furthermore, Mew is the only Defogger in the metagame tier with access to Will-O-Wisp and no Stealth Rock weakness, (I mean Latios/Latias and Scizor have no Stealth Rock weakness either.) which lets it cripple Defiant users such as Bisharp by halving their Attack from Will-O-Wisp. (Probably subjective change) Overall, Mew has good offensive and defensive stats but is not really that outstanding when compared to bulkier Psychic-types such as Mega Slowbro, regular Slowbro, and Cresselia. Mew has a pretty good Speed stat as well, which lets it outspeed outpace slower Pokemon. (period) and attack them. Mew also has access to a form of reliable recovery in Soft-Boiled, which allows it to recover health. contributes to Mew's longevity on the field. Synchronize is a useful ability for Mew, (RC) because it can can punish status users. (period) if they inflict status on Mew. (Idk but this seems redundant to me.) It can also provide utility against Scald burns. However, Mew's typing is subpar, which leaves it very vulnerable weak to common Bug-, Ghost-, and Dark-types, such as Scizor, Gengar, and Mega Gyarados. Mew also has suffers from four-moveslot syndrome, (AC) limiting its move choices. because it cannot benefit from all move options it learns. Despite Mew's incredibly huge movepool, it only has a few viable sets that aren't outclassed by other Pokemon in the tier.

Tried not to be too subjective on this. q.q
Hey, Lucnia! Please don't forget to provide a legend for your color scheme if you're going to use something out of the norm.
  • I advise against changing metagame to tier in these examples unless there is a case in which one of them is specified. This is very likely for OU, but it doesn't say OU, so there's no point in changing metagame to tier when it very well could be, say, Doubles OU, which is not a "tier".
  • "with" Will-o-Wisp, rather than "from", but otherwise that's a fine change.
  • "regular Slowbro" is kind of a misnomer, and I think it would be more clear if the order is changed so that it reads "Slowbro, Mega Slowbro, and Cresselia".
  • outspeed -> outpace is subjective and doesn't really make anything less ambiguous.
  • I liked the reference to Mew's longevity, but I think the phrasing was clunky. Your change is not necessarily worse, but I do think that you could have phrased it something like "Mew also has access to Soft-Boiled, which increases its longevity by allowing it to recover health". That's just as succinct without much fluff and gets the point across.
  • I personally hate "because" and I think everyone should get into the habit of replacing it with "as" with a causual comma, as it's less prone to be subject to ambiguity.
  • Vulnerable was fine.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Yanmega was banned from RU for getting easy 2HKOes against almost everything Pokemon in the metagame, (AC) and its speed boost ability Speed Boost made it almost impossible for foes to outSpeed outspeed Yanmega. Zoroark was also banned in that suspect round for being able to fool opponents with illusion its ability, Illusion, (AC) and hit foes with a strong knock off Knock Off or Dark Pulse.

this is number 7 iirc

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Earthquake scores an easy OHKO OHKOs against Magnezone even though it appears to be levitating. As Steel- (hyphen) and Electric-type are both weak against to Ground-type (I think "are both weak to Earthquake" could be better in order not to repeat "type" too many times, but it's up to you), (AC) which amplifies the weaknesss and so the opponet opponent might switch in a Flying-type (hyphen) Pokemon, (AC) which is immune to Earthquake. to nullify the Move.

Last edited:
Add / Correction
Remove
Comment

Rhyperior can set Stealth Rock up is the main move of the set, and (fluff) Rhyperior can set it up multiple times throughout the match thanks to its bulk. Rock Blast is a decent STAB move that allows Rhyperior to beat Substitutes users and Focus Sash Pokemon (capitalize) like such as Alakazam, Frosslass Froslass, (AC) and Azelf., (remove comma, add period.) and is a decent STAB in general. Stone Edge, however, can be an option over Rock Blast, as it hits harder on average and is more consistent., (remove comma, add period) but is less accurate. Protect lets Rhyperior to scouts for coverage moves such as Mega-Aerodacytl Mega Aerodactyl with Aqua Tail and Infernape with Grass Knot.

I was really wondering if I can just say Substitute and Focus Sash "users"....

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Add / Correction
Remove
Comment

Rhyperior can set Stealth Rock up is the main move of the set, and (fluff) Rhyperior can set it up multiple times throughout the match thanks to its bulk. Rock Blast is a decent STAB move that allows Rhyperior to beat Substitutes users and Focus Sash Pokemon (capitalize) like such as Alakazam, Frosslass Froslass, (AC) and Azelf., (remove comma, add period.) and is a decent STAB in general. Stone Edge, however, can be an option over Rock Blast, as it hits harder on average and is more consistent., (remove comma, add period) but is less accurate. Protect lets Rhyperior to scouts for coverage moves such as Mega-Aerodacytl Mega Aerodactyl with Aqua Tail and Infernape with Grass Knot.

I was really wondering if I can just say Substitute and Focus Sash "users"....
:D

The first correction is good, but the last part confuses me. I would add a comment at the end of the sentence saying something about how it can only set it up again after it has been cleared by Rapid Spin/Defog, because the way it's currently worded makes it seem like it acts like Spikes.

With the first change in the second sentence, you didn't really need "is a decent STAB move that." "Rock Blast allows..." works as well as the way you changed it, as there really doesn't need to be a mention that it's a STAB move.

In the third sentence, "can be an option over" would sound better as "can be used over", but both ways work. The second change in the third sentence either needs to be "...is more consistent but is less accurate." or "...is more consistent, but it is less accurate." If you're using "but is," you don't need a comma before "but." If you're using "but it is," you need a comma, because "but it is..." turns the sentence into a compound sentence. Good job though~

The last sentence sounds better after your changes, but "...coverage moves such as Mega Aerodactyl..." makes it sound like Mega Aerodactyl is the coverage move. It would make more sense to change those to "...coverage moves such as Aqua Tail on Mega Aerodactyl" or "...coverage moves such as Mega Aerodactyl's Aqua tail...".

Keep up the good work Lucina09. You're getting there!

(this made me happy for some reason)

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Earthquake scores an easy OHKO OHKOs against Magnezone even though it appears to be levitating. As Steel- (hyphen) and Electric-type are both weak against to Ground-type (I think "are both weak to Earthquake" could be better in order not to repeat "type" too many times, but it's up to you), (AC) which amplifies the weaknesss and so the opponet opponent might switch in a Flying-type (hyphen) Pokemon, (AC) which is immune to Earthquake. to nullify the Move.
  • first instance of "type" would be "types" since you're referring to two
  • you can remove "-type" from Ground, which alleviates the multiple type mentions and disambiguates what Steel- and Electric-types are weak to
the rest is solid - you're improving more and more, keep it up!

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here goes!
Add / Correction
Remove
Comment

A Modest Nature nature and 252 Special Attack EVs maximize Heatran's damage output. 200 Spe EVs outspeeds allow Heatran to outspeed neutral nature 70's base 70 Speed Pokemon such as Bisharp and Breloom, who otherwise OHKO Heatran which Heatran can then OHKO. (neither of those Pokemon actually OHKO Heatran, but the reverse is true) If outspeeding these Pokemon are not a huge issue is not a priority, you can run a spread of 180 HP / 252 SAtk / 76 Spe (add spaces, reorder). Leftovers is preferred due to the usefulness of provides valuable passive recovery. (add period) though Air Balloon can also be considered, as it lets Heatran avoid Spikes, Sticky Web, and switch into Ground-type attacks. Alternatively, Air Balloon allows Heatran to avoid Spikes and Sticky Web, and also lets it avoid Ground-type attacks. (I think it flows a little better as two sentences)

This was a little rough, I dunno if fixing the Bisharp/Breloom thing was an issue, but standard sets on both of those mons lack an OHKO on Heatran.

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey H&MBerkeley. To be honest, the Bisharp/Breloom thing was an unintentional mistake on my part, but it's good that you caught it anyways. Overall your check looks great grammar-wise. Some other notes:

- generally you'll want to spell out the full stat name (Special Attack, Speed, etc) unless it's in a spread or something like "blah blah KOes 4 SpD Salamence". so "200 Spe EVs" --> "200 Speed EVs"
- I prefer "neutral-natured" over "neutral nature"
- good call reordering the stats in the spread. Special Attack should be abbreviated as SpA, though!
- in my opinion, the original Leftovers sentence is all fine except for the "avoid Spikes, Sticky Web, and switch into Ground-type attacks" parallelism issue. your changes are also fine (although personally I'd remove the comma before "and also" or just simplify it to "avoid Spikes, Sticky Web, and Ground-type attacks"), but just remember to watch out for somewhat subjective changes. :)

awesome avatar btw

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
Socialization Head
Hey, guys! Bringing you some new prose exercises this time around because I'd like to start putting some more focus on the composition of sentences and their structure rather than simple grammar nitpicks. It's important that you know how to essentially "rewrite" an analysis if someone that is not fluent in English has written one that needs just a little help to be of Smogon quality. By "rewrite" I don't mean you're acting as a new author, but rather you're making sure that sentences flow together properly, terminology is clear (not necessarily colloquial terms, but phrases that could otherwise be ambiguous), and so forth.

So if you're willing to have one of us work with you on prose, copy one (or more, if you'd like) of these exercises and work through them. Don't worry - they're short!

There are a few options for the last moveslot. Flamethrower heavily damages Steel types such as Scizor and Excadrill, while Ice Beam lures in and OHKOs specially defensive Glicsor. Psyschock deals more damage to Chansey, as it hits on the other side of the spectrum. Finally, Thunder Wave is a great utility move that cripples many of Clefable's checks, including Talonflame, Scizor, and Megagross.

With the introduction of its Mega Evolution, Loppunny gains an excellent speed tier, a very respectable 136 base Attack stat, and a useful Ability. Scrappy means perfect coverage with just Return and Hi Jump Kick (bar the uncommon Shedninja). Despite this, she struggles to break past many bulky Pokémon and Fighting resists, such as Slowbro and Clefable. A strong Wallbreaker that can deal with Defensive Pokémon such as Gengar is therefore a good partner for Loppuny.

Use Choice Scarf Chandelure to be a revenge killer, and score important hits on defensive walls. Chandelure can be used as an anti-lead but likes to be a late-game cleaner, or mid-game revenge killer, but do whatever works best. Chandelure can effectively spinblock Forretress, but it doesn't like to stay in on a Scald or EQ, mostly from the likes of Tentacruel and Donphan, so it fears them especially.

Your best alternative to Hitmonchan is any other Fighting in the tier. Assault Vest's Special Defense is really good, but Hitmonchan doesn't appreciate the lack of power. Close Combat is cool, but the recovery of Drain Punch is more useful.

Thanks to P Squared for his help supplying the first two of these exercises. :]

I'm up to try a few of these!

Addition [AP] = Add Period | [AC] = Add Comma.
Removal [RP] = Remove Period | [RC] = Remove Comma.
[Commentary]

manaphy Manaphy has acess access to a useful move in Tail Glow, [AC] which boosts it's sp. Atk Special Attack by three stages making it a potent sweeper. 80 bp Scald, HP Hidden Power Fire, and Shadow Ball assure that manaphy Manaphy can effectivly effectively handle what would otherwise wall, [AC] it such as bulky water types Water-types and ferrothorn Ferrothorn, [AC]but it Manaphy can also run rest Rest on a rain team since hydration Hydration will keep it health enough status free [Hydration does not heal, it only removes status ailments.]to sweep.

flying Flying-types are resistent to resist fighting Fighting-, and grass Grass-, and bug Bug-type moves, [AC] while being and weak to ice Ice-, and rock Rock-, and electric Electric-type moves. using Using roost Roost makes flying types take nuetral neutral damage from ground Ground-type moves until the end of the turn. flying Flying-types that have a secondary type weak to ground Ground-type moves, such as Zapdos, like Zapdos have to be careful or theyll they'll get OHKO'd by a ground Ground-type move like earthquake Earthquake the same turn they Roost.

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm up to try a few of these!

[Commentary]

manaphy Manaphy has acess access to a useful move in Tail Glow, [AC] which boosts it's sp. Atk Special Attack by three stages making it a potent sweeper. 80 bp Scald, HP Hidden Power Fire, and Shadow Ball assure that manaphy Manaphy can effectivly effectively handle what would otherwise wall, [AC] it such as bulky water types Water-types and ferrothorn Ferrothorn, [AC]but it Manaphy can also run rest Rest on a rain team since hydration Hydration will keep it health enough status free [Hydration does not heal, it only removes status ailments.]to sweep.

flying Flying-types are resistent to resist fighting Fighting-, and grass Grass-, and bug Bug-type moves, [AC] while being and weak to ice Ice-, and rock Rock-, and electric Electric-type moves. using Using roost Roost makes flying types take nuetral neutral damage from ground Ground-type moves until the end of the turn. flying Flying-types that have a secondary type weak to ground Ground-type moves, such as Zapdos, like Zapdos have to be careful or theyll they'll get OHKO'd by a ground Ground-type move like earthquake Earthquake the same turn they Roost.
Exercise 1:
  1. Its Special Attack, not it's Special Attack
  2. There should be a comma after the word stages
  3. You accidentally put the comma after wall; it should have come after it
  4. Instead of adding a comma after Ferrothorn, you should have added a semicolon. With the comma, it becomes a run-on.
  5. Never, ever use "since" in lieu of "because." Only use "since" when referring to time (i.e. "I haven't used Mandibuzz since XY")
  6. Status free should be hyphenated, and it needs so that it can after it
Exercise 10:
  1. Bug-type moves does not need a comma after it. A comma shouldn't precede while when a verb follows it.
  2. flying types in the second sentence should be Flying-types
  3. OHKOed, not OHKO'd
  4. Such as is infinitely better than like. You could also add on after Earthquake as a clarifier.
These are some intentionally messy exercises, and you did quite well with ironing out the changes that needed to be made. Just keep a closer eye on the check and you should be good to go in the future!

Thanks Snobalt! Here's more practice. =o

[Commentary]

onix Onix has the highest defense Defense stat of every mon in little cup Little Cup, just imagine it with eviolite Eviolite[Not sure if this sentence really reads like it should, but I tried to rephrase it a little.]. well it actually runs Onix can run berry juice Berry Juice because, [AC] as it can use it with it works well with sturdy Sturdy to get up stealth rock Stealth Rocks. [AP] and taunt is nice for it too and 17 speed Taunt and 17 Speed EVs can prove to be beneficial as well[Wasn't sure how to put it here, though the original wording wasn't good. I just reworded it entirely.]. rock ground typing is bad four it tho because water and grass weakness. Rock- and Ground-types don't have the best defensive typing, as they're weak to common Water- and Grass-types[Rewrote it again here.].

Thanks to the combo combination of Extreme(Space)Speed and Bullet Punch, SD Swords Dance Lucario can be a massive threat to offensive teams in the Underused tier. However, [AC]it can also use the very-threatening very threatening [No hyphen needed here.]Special NP Nasty Plot set, which takes advantage of the plus one Priority Move priority move [Wasn't 100% sure here, but I tried.]Vacuum Wave.

Empress

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Snobalt! Here's more practice. =o

[Commentary]

onix Onix has the highest defense Defense stat of every mon in little cup Little Cup, just imagine it with eviolite Eviolite[Not sure if this sentence really reads like it should, but I tried to rephrase it a little.]. well it actually runs Onix can run berry juice Berry Juice because, [AC] as it can use it with it works well with sturdy Sturdy to get up stealth rock Stealth Rocks. [AP] and taunt is nice for it too and 17 speed Taunt and 17 Speed EVs can prove to be beneficial as well[Wasn't sure how to put it here, though the original wording wasn't good. I just reworded it entirely.]. rock ground typing is bad four it tho because water and grass weakness. Rock- and Ground-types don't have the best defensive typing, as they're weak to common Water- and Grass-types[Rewrote it again here.].

Thanks to the combo combination of Extreme(Space)Speed and Bullet Punch, SD Swords Dance Lucario can be a massive threat to offensive teams in the Underused tier. However, [AC]it can also use the very-threatening very threatening [No hyphen needed here.]Special NP Nasty Plot set, which takes advantage of the plus one Priority Move priority move [Wasn't 100% sure here, but I tried.]Vacuum Wave.
Exercise 5:
You did quite well with cleaning up the prose here. The section was pretty messy to begin with, and if it were an official AM check, I'd give it a stamp. Just two stray things
  1. You should have added a semicolon instead of a comma after Little Cup; adding a comma made it a run-on.
  2. The final sentence was referring to Onix's Rock/Ground typing, not the individual Rock and Ground typings themselves. It should have read something like Rock / Ground isn't the best defensive typing, as it leaves Onix weak to...
This was much better than the past two exercises, though. I'm impressed!

Exercise 4:
Perfect! Absolutely perfect.
EDIT: Shoot... almost. Thanks Weebl :P

Last edited:

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
Socialization Head
several days late, but to clarify some things that Snobalt said Luka~, "OHKOed" is to be used as the verb form of "OHKO". the same goes for if something "OHKOes" something else. furthermore, always use "such as" when listing examples and try to only use "like" when making a comparison.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Additional comments on such as / like

"Flying-types that have a secondary type weak to Ground-type moves like Zapdos have to be careful"
"Flying-types that have a secondary type weak to Ground-type moves, such as Zapdos, have to be careful"

Both of these sentences have not necessarily different meanings, but different uses. The first, using 'like', might fit on a paragraph describing potential teammates for Zapdos. "Teammates similar to Zapdos need to be careful against Ground-types" would be a rephrasing of that sentence. The second is much more common, with Zapdos being an example of a Flying-type that will be weak to Ground. 99% of the time we'll see 'such as' being the correct one to use, but the right answer in all situations is not the immediate removal of 'such as'. Sometimes using such as can even be incorrect! Of course that's a rare case, but it's something to look out for.

Exercise 5:
You did quite well with cleaning up the prose here. The section was pretty messy to begin with, and if it were an official AM check, I'd give it a stamp. Just two stray things
  1. You should have added a semicolon instead of a comma after Little Cup; adding a comma made it a run-on.
  2. The final sentence was referring to Onix's Rock/Ground typing, not the individual Rock and Ground typings themselves. It should have read something like Rock / Ground isn't the best defensive typing, as it leaves Onix weak to...
This was much better than the past two exercises, though. I'm impressed!

Exercise 4:
Perfect! Absolutely perfect.
EDIT: Shoot... almost. Thanks Weebl :P
I'm glad I did better here! Thank you for checking it Snobalt! =]

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
Socialization Head
Hi, bumping this to encourage any newly-aspiring grammar checkers to try their luck at the prose exercises because prose is just as important as simple grammatical knowledge and not very many people have done them yet. There's a bit of subjectivity in fixing prose, but we'll work on how just how much subjective change can be made if that's an issue!

leggo

I don't know how to do the hide thingy ;-;... please teach me ;-;

add
remove
comment

New prose exercise #2

With the introduction of its Mega Evolution, Loppunny Lopunny gains an excellent speed tier, a very respectable 136 base Attack stat, and a useful Ability ability in Scrappy. Scrappy means perfect coverage with just Return and Hi Jump Kick (bar the uncommon Shedninja). Despite this, she it struggles to break past many bulky Pokémon Pokemon and Fighting-type resists, such as Slowbro and Clefable. A strong Wallbreaker wallbreaker that can deal with Defensive Pokémon defensive Pokemon such as Gengar is,(AC) therefore,(AC) a good partner for Loppuny Lopunny.

Last edited:

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have a question. Can I copyedit analysis (not give stamps)? Can I do that?
Yes you can, you can go to an analysis and give what is called an AM check on an analysis. Then a GPer will look at it, make any changes, and stamp it if your check is good.

Empress

I don't know how to do the hide thingy ;-;... please teach me ;-;

add
remove
comment

With the introduction of its Mega Evolution, Loppunny Lopunny gains an excellent speed tier, a very respectable 136 base Attack stat, and a useful Ability ability in Scrappy. Scrappy means perfect coverage with just Return and Hi Jump Kick (bar the uncommon Shedninja). Despite this, she it struggles to break past many bulky Pokémon Pokemon and Fighting-type resists, such as Slowbro and Clefable. A strong Wallbreaker wallbreaker that can deal with Defensive Pokémon defensive Pokemon such as Gengar is,(AC) therefore,(AC) a good partner for Loppuny Lopunny.
Hi kt3; glad to see someone trying these out! You did a great job with fixing the grammar and spelling, but the key here was to work on the prose (that is to say, the flow of the writing.
  1. The first part of the first sentence should be "When it Mega Evolves." It's more objectively correct because even though Lopunny gained a MEvo this generation, it must Mega Evolve in order to obtain its new attributes. Moreover, you're not supposed to write about generational shifts/introductions/changes.
  2. "Speed" (and the 6 stats in general) should be capitalized.
  3. In the second sentence, "means" should be "gives it." it's a subjective change, but this particular one makes the sentence flow better. Also, it's now spelled High Jump Kick.
  4. "Fighting-type resists" should be "foes that resist Fighting." It's a rule to never use "resists" in that context. "Foes" is better than "Pokemon" in this case to avoid repetition.
  5. "Therefore" should be moved from the middle of the final sentence to the beginning of it in order to provide a smooth transition.
  6. "Such as Gengar" should be placed after the word "wallbreaker" in order to improve clarification. Gengar is not a defensive Pokemon, after all.
Best of luck! Also, if you want to use hide tags, here's how to do it:
Code:
[hide=Title optional]Your text here[/hide]
This creates...
Your text here

If you don't want to put a title in the tags, then you don't have to. Just remember to leave out the equals sign (=).

Hi kt3; glad to see someone trying these out! You did a great job with fixing the grammar and spelling, but the key here was to work on the prose (that is to say, the flow of the writing.
  1. The first part of the first sentence should be "When it Mega Evolves." It's more objectively correct because even though Lopunny gained a MEvo this generation, it must Mega Evolve in order to obtain its new attributes. Moreover, you're not supposed to write about generational shifts/introductions/changes.
  2. "Speed" (and the 6 stats in general) should be capitalized.
  3. In the second sentence, "means" should be "gives it." it's a subjective change, but this particular one makes the sentence flow better. Also, it's now spelled High Jump Kick.
  4. "Fighting-type resists" should be "foes that resist Fighting." It's a rule to never use "resists" in that context. "Foes" is better than "Pokemon" in this case to avoid repetition.
  5. "Therefore" should be moved from the middle of the final sentence to the beginning of it in order to provide a smooth transition.
  6. "Such as Gengar" should be placed after the word "wallbreaker" in order to improve clarification. Gengar is not a defensive Pokemon, after all.
Best of luck! Also, if you want to use hide tags, here's how to do it:
Code:
[hide=Title optional]Your text here[/hide]
This creates...
Your text here

If you don't want to put a title in the tags, then you don't have to. Just remember to leave out the equals sign (=).
Thank you very much, sir. Here's more practice :)

add
remove
comment

Specially Ddefensive Suport support Arceus-Water Water Arceus can switch-(remove hyphen, add space)in to attacks from Scarfed Kyogre,(AC) a big Ubers threat,.(remove comma, add period) hHowever,(add comma) you need to remember that there is alwyas the threat of a possible rain thunder to destroy it rain Thunder is a threat, which deals massive damage to Water Arceus(reworded...not sure about rain Thunder). thanks to its water plate, Arceus-Water can use a Water type Judgement to give a big threat to Ho-Oh but Arceus doesnt want to burn with sacred fire Its Splash Plate turns Judgment into a Water-type move, threatening Ho-oh, though getting burned with Sacred Fire is a problem(reworded this, too).

That hide thingy should work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)