help, i'm noob (RMT)

I had this wild idea that Breloom would work well with Houndoom but it hasn't been working out thus far ;-;

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Substitute

This is leading because Snorlax, Waters, Forretress, and Tyranitar seem to be the most common types of leads. It scares all of them! and gets Celebi into the game asap if the opponent has one which is good.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 12 HP / 136 Atk / 136 Def / 20 SAtk / 204 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Body Slam
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Selfdestruct

Since Houndoom should theoretically remove Gegnars from the fray and Houndoom+Claydol defeat most forms of Jirachi I do not really need Earthquake for much of anything so here's Brick Break to surprise Tyranitar. Aside from that it does your Standard special wall stuff but it actually ends up rarely switching in I find since I have other counters for most Waters/Electrics/stuff.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 16 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

Dugtrio is annoying for a lot of my team and this counters Mence/Gyara which I need it to do. Toxic because I don't really want to paralyze Metagross... I'd rather Sleep it since it is a huge pain for this team currently. And Toxic is better for helping stall out water types and stuff. Usually my switchin for Jolteon/Houndoom/Flygon as well. It's all around a solid team player : )

cos his horns (Houndoom) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SAtk / 204 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp

Kills Gengar and Celebi which is important for Breloom, Claydol and Snorlax. Walls offensive Celebi and Superachi and kind of walls full special tyranitar which is kind of funny... I might remove Wisp since it hasn't been that useful but things like Crunch/Beat Up are probably less useful...

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 158 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin

For Spikes, ddtar, some Jirachis, backup help for Raikou, etc. HP Fire decimates Forretress (it probably like 3hkos it tbh) and Explosion is good because if I blow up on Celebi/Blissey/Zapdos/Water mon either Breloom or Houndoom will benefit. Since I have Houndoom and P2 I don't really need Ice Beam or Psychic on this thing but I might use Psychic anyway simply because Gengar is a bit of a menace if I can't manage to snag it with Houndoom...

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 100 SDef / 20 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Whirlwind

Skarmory + Claydol is a solid defensive core. This handles Heracross mostly and also sets up Spikes which work well with Breloom and pretty much anything else for that matter. This is kinda also my only choice against Metagross which sucks a bit, especially if Metagross has HP Fire :<

so yeah man. help me out here.

Porygon 2 should be removed in favor of something else. Maybe starmie. This will give you a FWG core as well as better synergy and the ability to retain boltbeam. That way your team isn't swept by fighting types. Also why is your Skarm -SpA and running HP Flying. It should probably run drill peck first off. However if you really want HP Flying then run a careful nature. If I were you I'd run thick fat and curse on your snorlax instead of immunity and fire blast. Also try crunch instead of will-o-wisp on Houndoom. Don't knock it till you try it, right? As you said will-o-wisp is useless anyways.

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Porygon 2 should be removed in favor of something else. Maybe starmie. This will give you a FWG core as well as better synergy and the ability to retain boltbeam. That way your team isn't swept by fighting types. Also why is your Skarm -SpA and running HP Flying. It should probably run drill peck first off. However if you really want HP Flying then run a careful nature. If I were you I'd run thick fat and curse on your snorlax instead of immunity and fire blast. Also try crunch instead of will-o-wisp on Houndoom. Don't knock it till you try it, right? As you said will-o-wisp is useless anyways.
HP Flying is physical in 3rd gen. A Careful nature also lowers SpA. HP Flying is put above Drill Peck on Skarm for compatibility with Whirlwind (as opposed to Drill Peck which has to be used alongside Roar due to Drill Peck and Whirlwind coming from different daddies) to help out with Soundproof Mr. Mime in BP chains. HP Flying and WW is probably better than Drill Peck and Roar, as literally the only thing you'll be using your STAB attack of choice on in normal circumstances is Heracross, and both moves OHKO Hera. It's very situational anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)