Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Wing Attack

1) Aero is my late game sweeper and is used to finish off teams. Usually I bring it in and use Hone Claws once to ensure stone edge and aqua tail connects along with the +1 attack.
2) Good revenge killer
3) Only talonflame check on the team
4 ) Debating between Aqua Tail, Wing Attack, and Earthquake. All 3 sets have had success and fails throughout testing.

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

1) Midgame breaker that can come in and just dent teams
2) Tectonic Rage at +2 to heavily damage Mega-Aggron
3) Grass type for bulky waters and such
4) Maybe thinking about HP Fire instead of a move but I'm unsure what

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

1) Another revenge killer
2) Used against stall by tricking its scarf onto walls
3) Destiny Bond to help against Sucker Punch and to take care of Pokemon that might otherwise pose a large threat

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- U-turn

1) Stab Priority user
2) Wallbreaker due to the Choice Band
3) Pursuit to trap Latias, Gengar, and Starmie
4) Defog over Superpower?

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 244 HP / 88 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave

1) Team Rocker
2) Counter to dark types especially Absol-Mega
3) Usual Lead
4) Taunt to stop other rockers
5) EV Spread is to outspeed non-scarf hydreigon and ohko it with CC after rocks while also giving maximum bulk
6) Blissey Stopper
7) Thunder wave to hurt fast pokemon but debating volt switch instead

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

1) Walls Scizor and Primarina and can take a hit from most other things
2) Toxic for other walls
3) Wish passer especially to Coballion and Scizor

One thing I was thinking is that Chesnaught could fit well on this team but I don't know what exactly to replace. I was thinking replace Coballion with Chesnaught and then replace Celebi with special infernape.

Last edited:
Yo, really cool team you got here, I think you've done a great job building around Maero as your win-con with the use of Groundium-Z Celebi + Cobalion to muscle through steel types that it is troubled with. However I don't think you have fully addressed the problematic weakness to the team, being the vast amount of dark types in the tier such as Hydreigon and Krookodile. Cobalion is unable to effectively handle them especially due to them both packing coverage for it. You also lack a switch into the electric types in the tier such as Zeraora and Manec. Lastly while you are running Maero it lacks Roost making it very easy for the prevalent flying types in the tier to tear this squad apart especially with the lack of a defogger. I will make a few adjustments to the team in order to help alleviate these issues.

Major Changes:

- So this was the first big change I made being Primarina over Alomo. Alomo seemed very odd on this squad and can be a huge momentum drain and while you do lose Wish support it shouldn't matter. Primarina gives you the fairy typing to be able to handle the dragon types and dark types that could prove to be problematic while still keeping the water typing. Bulky Prima gives you a good match-up vs Mega Sharpedo, Crawdaunt and to an extent Terrakion. It also acts as a status absorber for your Scizor and Maero while being a huge nuisance for stall to deal with. Very standard bulky Primarina set and the 44 Speed evs allow you to outpace uninvested base 65's like Alomo.

- Next I swapped out Gengar for Hydreigon because I personally don't think Gengar is that good as a scarfer especially when it is so easily revenge killed by Scizor and krookodile if it is locked into the wrong move. Hydreigon forms a nice core with Scizor + Prima and provides more momentum for the squad. It also provides you with a switch into the likes of Celebi and Chandelure. Again very standard moveset here and acts as your secondary wincon.

- So as I mentioned before Maero isn't the best answer to the prevelant flying types in the tier especially when it lacks Roost and is your wincon. For this reason I added Rotom-H. Rotom-H alleviates the pressure Scizor has on this team and helps nuke the steel types in the tier to help a Maero sweep. Rotom-H also provides you with a solid Mamoswine and Kyurem answer, tho Prima helps with the latter also. Rotom also gives you the defog support you lacked which is really nice for Maero. Also provides you with a strong volturn core also. The Evs let you OHKO Celebi with Overheat after SR.

- I was going to keep Cobalion but you lacked a ground type to help with the electric types in the tier not to mention Zera is still quite problematic for the team. I went with Nidoqueen here as it checks the likes of Zera, Terrakion, Cobalion etc. and works really well with primarina which can wall the water types that threaten NidoQ. It also keeps the SR after I swapped Coba out and in order to help alleviate the Scizor matchup I am running Flamethrower. The speed investment lets you outpace most bulky Scizors running around right now, you can opt to run more speed for max Adamant Scizor but it's at the cost of bulk.

Minor Changes:

- I put EQ on Maero over Wing Attack as the team isn't too bothered by the grass or fighting types anymore.

- Gave Scizor enough speed for Klefki + other bulky Scizor running 96 Spe or so. Rest dumped into HP to handle Latias better.

Optional alternatives:

- You could opt to run Toxic Spikes or Toxic over Flamethrower to help with the bulky water types which are now a bit harder to break through with the team. Makes dealing with them much better if you think the coverage is enough on the squad for Scizor. Feel free to test around with this.

- Your team doesn't incorporate a Z-move anymore so maybe you could slap it on Rotom-H in conjunction with Pain Split and Defog on Hydreigon instead. Just be wary of the trade-off if you do so as Hydreigon then has to lose the coverage of Fire Blast or momentum with U-turn.

Click on sprites for importable

I know I made a lot of changes to the squad but I think it helps alleviate the issues I saw before without creating too many new ones. The match-up vs bulky water types can be a bit more difficult with this squad but you can play around that with doubles and maybe using the other suggestions I made above. Overall I think the team is pretty solid but do let me know what you think and feel free to ask any questions you may have ^_^

Hey there. As Twilight said, Hone Claws Aerodactyl-Mega is really cool when it's paired with Pokemon which can break through Steel Types. However, there is some things which could be optimized in my opinion.

Minor changes :

• Firstable, I would change Wing Attack for Earthquake on Aerodactyl-Mega. Wing Attack isn't a useful STAB on Aerodactyl-Mega because it lacks of power. Earthquake is definitively better because it allows Aerodactyl-Mega to hit Steel Types like Empoleon or Cobaltium which is pretty useful. It's also better vs Tentacruel.
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

• Then, I would change Cobalion's set. Your set is kinda strange to be honest and I think Stealth Rocks + SD Fightinium Z would be definitively better. It allows Cobalion to break through Steel Types for Aerodactyl-Mega which is nice and it's in general a really good way to weaken opponent's Wall.
Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

• Scizor is cool but your spread isn't the best so I fixed that. 92 EV in Speed allows Scizor to outpseed Klefki. The remaining EVs are put in HP and SpD. 152 EV in HP allows Scizor to take less damage on Stealth Rocks.
Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

-------------------------------------------------------------

Major changes :

• Your team didn't have anything to deal with Hazards which kinda sucks when you have a non-Roost Aerodactyl-Mega. With that in mind, I decided to add to your team Tentacruel because it's a really good user of Rapid Spin and it can deal with Lucario thanks to Haze. Toxic Spikes are also really interesting because they punish fat Pokemon like Alomomola or Slowbro(-Mega) which helps Aerodactyl-Mega and Cobalion. It also brings a Bulky Water Type to your team instead of Alomomola.

• Tentacruel lacks of recovery so Wish support can be interesting. Because the team lacks of Dragon Switch in, I opted for Sylveon because it's a really cool Pokemon thanks to its Fairy Type and Wish + Heal Bell. Florges is also a good option is you want a Fairy which can take better on the Special side.

• Finally, I decided to add another Pokemon which can help to break Steel types : Choice Scarf Krookodile. It also gives a really good way Revenge Kill Latias thanks to Pursuit. Its access to Knock Off is really useful vs Fat Teams / Stalls. Because you have Pursuit on Krookodile you can change if you want Scizor's set and opt for a Swords Dance set (which can be Z-Superpower and in this case you can play Shuca Berry, Lefties or Rocky Helmet on Cobalion).

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Scald

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge / Crunch

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Scald

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge / Crunch

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry / Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
Scizor @ Fightinium Z / Iron Plate / Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Bug Bite / Quick Attack / Roost

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)