I don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be blunt and just say there's a pretty good chance my best friend is dead. We were hanging out at my friend's house and she decided to take 20 triple c's, each of them contain 500 mg of acetaminophen in them meaning she took 10,000 mg. The lethal dose can be 7,000. I know it was fucking stupid of her, and me and all my other friends highly suggested she only took 5-6 of them at most, when she shouldn't be fucking with DXM in the first place, but she took 20 at around 10-11 o'clock last night, give or take an hour. We got up at 11ish this morning, she was fine, but at 3 I took her home telling me she didn't feel good and wanted to sleep. She said she was only gonna take a 3-4 hour nap and come out later but now it's 1:15 in the morning and I still haven't heard from her. I was gonna call the 911 way earlier but I didn't even know she took that many until this evening when she went to bed. And she just moved like 2 days ago so I don't know her new address... Sorry I posted a long ass paragraph but I'm a mess right now and I don't know what to do. Like if she dies I'm not gonna be able to handle it... Can someone please give me some advice or something? I'm falling apart right now... I've been crying for like 3 hours straight.

edit:

and to avoid anymore confusion, I didn't know she took 20 tylenol until tonight at around 9:30, and I spent the rest of the night trying to track her down. So no, I did not wait 24 hours before doing anything about it. I did something about it the second as I found out.

There's nothing I can do. I know the street she lives on but honestly I was kinda barred up when I dropped her off, so I don't remember the house. I just knew it was blue house and me and my friends knocked on every blue door on that street. I never found her house... And I don't know the address so how the hell am I gonna tell the police?

Call your friends, even if you don't remember her address one of them has got to, right?
Nah, I only hang out with 2-3 friends who actually drive, so no one else in the car pays attention to where we're going... And its her aunts house who's name I don't know so I can't even find it online. I'm fucked. But I called my sister as soon as I got home and told her the whole situation, she said she's most likely gonna be okay since she would have died way sooner than 12 hours after she took it, and my parents said the same thing. And they're all pretty intelligent, educated people.

I'm just really fucking worried because we've been trying to get in contact with her over facebook and she's not responding, but maybe she's in the hospital and got her stomach pumped? Like she might have told her aunt when she got home that she needed to go to the hospital, shes a smart girl. I just really hope it wasnt a suicide attempt disguised as just trying to get fucked up.

Errrr, don't tell the police. I hate to say it, but if you tell the police you "think" she might have od'd, they're gonna naturally ask "how did you know that?" And if suicide really did happen, they are going to think that you might be an agent in the suicide. A crime with hefty legal penalties. Needless to say, that makes it a huge possibility that you will see some court proceedings.

So let the chips fall where they may. If she lives, then great. If not, make some stuff up about how she was such a loving friend and how you will mourn her passing, and deal with the police if they come.

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to tell the police because I don't know where she lives like I said, and also I'd get in so much trouble.

Didn't that akuchi girl state once that she took like over 20,000 mg of APAP and didn't die? Didn't even have to get her stomach pumped. I honestly think if she died I'd put myself in inpatient because I'd probably try to kill myself. I hope I don't come off as dramatic but you guys have no idea how much this girl means to me.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
mtr, that's real god damned irresponsible advice.

orange, you knew the lethal dose and you let her take more than it. The best thing you can do now is call the paramedics and tell them as much as you can and face the consequences if it might save her life. If she dies, its your and your friend's fault and someone will find out. Especially when you've posted about it on a public forum.

orange, you knew the lethal dose and you let her take more than it. The best thing you can do now is call the paramedics and tell them as much as you can and face the consequences if it might save her life. If she dies, its your and your friend's fault and someone will find out. Especially when you've posted about it on a public forum.
QFT.

Also, I find these stories really difficult not to write off as copy-pasta.

Nah, she went to the bathroom by herself and took it. Not only was I not there, but I didn't fucking sit there and let her take it. And to tell me its my fault if she dies is fucking ridiculous. I'd take a bullet for this girl, the problem is I don't remember where she lives. I was pretty gone last night. She didn't tell me, I found out later tonight. My friend's calling her aunt right now to see if she's okay. And he's gonna tell her to take her to the hospital.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Nah, she went to the bathroom by herself and took it. Not only was I not there, but I didn't fucking sit there and let her take it. She didn't tell me, I found out later tonight. My friend's calling her aunt right now to see if she's okay. And he's gonna tell her to take her to the hospital.
And how much time did you have to take her to the hospital? If I turned my back and a friend of mine drank a suicidal amount of alcohol (which has damn near happened once before), I'd get them to the hospital immediately. Not wait overnight and then a whole day later for my guilty conscience to kick in. You're the one who had to ask strangers for advice about this, don't get defensive now.

Okay buddy, first off you're telling me that it's my fault if she dies, which was completely inaccurate as I just stated that she kept it a secret that she took that much. And not only that we FINALLY found out her aunt's home phone number meaning we can get her address. Second, my best friend might be dead by tomorrow so it's pretty fucking understandable that I'm gonna get defensive. Thanks.

Oh, and by the way when I found out she took that much tylenol me and the 4 other people I was with went to the street I know she lives on and knocked on EVERY single door asking if there was a Holly living there and that it was really important and we needed to talk to her. No such luck unfortunately... I'm really hoping one of the doors that didn't answer weren't home because they were already at the hospital.

So in conclusion, don't fucking sit there and tell me that it's MY fault.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Damn near every day someone overdoses on something because the people who could have done something about it didn't want to get in trouble. Who do you think you are fooling. I really don't think you are fooling yourself even.

Please logically explain how I'm not doing anything about it, and have it actually make sense, because you're sure as hell not right now. And considering how me and my friend tracked down her aunt's number, and is on the phone with her right now convincing her to take her to the hospital, you should really shut the fuck up, you stupid sack of shit.

I really dont think that calling people a sack of shit and telling them to shut the fuck up is gonna get you good advice......

And yes, the best you can do right now is just call someone and get help, it had better be fast too, seeing how long you've waited.....

I really dont think that calling people a sack of shit and telling them to shut the fuck up is gonna get you good advice......
In fairness, when people wrongly assume that he knew all along that she had overdosed (read: he said himself that he didn't know until a considerable amount of time after it happened), their advice is most likely going to be bad anyway. Besides, it sounds like he has a plan now, and as long as it involves getting her to the hospital asap, it's most likely a good plan.

And yes, the best you can do right now is just call someone and get help, it had better be fast too, seeing how long you've waited.....
If you thought your best friend was either already dead or about to die, and someone went as far as saying it was your own fault when you made it extremely clear you were doing everything you could do, I can guarantee you'd give the same kinda response.

Not that this matters anymore anyway. I called her aunt to convince her to take her to the hospital but she's already there. She's gonna be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)