ORAS UU I think you think too much of me (peaked #16)

Hey everyone,

With ORAS coming to an end and everyone posting their sick teams, I figured I´d go ahead and share one of my own. The team was built a while ago because I really wanted to build a team that would be as effective as possible and therefore started out with the best mega in the tier: Mega Aero. It ended up as a really standard balance team, but that was my intent after all:

Aero+Entei form a really nice core, with aero functioning vs offensive teams and entei weakening bulkier teams and steel/water types in general

The core was pretty weak to waters defensively and appreciated a secondary wincon/stallbreaker

All around check to physical attackers, phazer, SR support

Spikes, Hazard Removal, Fairy check, celebi answer

Wish support, Cleric, Dreigon answer, Fighting/Dark type check

The nicknames are the song titles of Eden´s album " I think you think too much of me", who is to this date my favorite artist. I always felt like the songs depict my life very well and I can really relate to most of it (especially drugs). I´ve legit listenened to this several nights straight and the album really helped me out a lot with recent irl issues. Much love to the artist.

sex (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake

Obviously this team is centered around our most fearsome mega: Aerodactyl. I decided to go with a HC set here as this set emphasizes aeros ability to finish of weakened teams and 100% accuracy Stone Edge is nothing to laugh at. Aero excells especially vs offensive teams, but can also decently hold its own against bulkier ones after a HC boost. Most importantly though, it provides much needed speed while offering decent bulk and a great typing to work with. It really appreciates the breaking entei and to some extent celebi provide and really shows why it´s far and wide considered the best mega in UU.

drugs (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature

- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Next up I figured I needed something that would remove or at least weaken the things Aero struggles to break, namely bulky steel types and all those pesky water types running around. The obvious choice here was entei as its ability to spread burns synergises really well with maero. On top of that entei forces a lot of switches which helps chipping away the opposing team due to the hazard stacking nature the rest of the team has. With this combination bulkier teams get whittled enough to the point where aero can clean up. Priority E-speed is just the icing on the cake.

rock+roll (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Nasty Plot
- Energy Ball/Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Leech Seed/Shadow Ball

So far I was really weak to water types defensively, needed a secondary wincon and figured I could also use a better answer to stall teams. The obvious choice when it comes to water checks in UU is celebi. Nasty Plot+ Leech Seed is especially deadly for bulkier builds, but due to its decent speed it also comes into play vs other teams. Giga Drain is the usual grass stab here, though personally I like to run Eball on celebi when it´s paired with wish support+lefties. It also enjoys entei removing bulky steel types though I sometimes have to resort Leech Seed+switching shenanigans in order to beat certain threats.

fumes (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature

- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar

Roar pert 101. The team was in dire need of a solid check to the bunch of physical attackers running around in UU like Mamoswine, opposing aero etc. Swampert also provides me with an electric immunity to keep people from volt-turning all over me and obligatory Stealth Rock support. Other then that Swampert can phase out problematic setup mons or simply Roar to rack up hazard damage. Wish support is really appreciated here, as especially the nidos/entei can easily whittle pert down over the course of a match. Not much else to say the set is pretty much standard Apart from that it´s the best gen 3 starter.

XO (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature

- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Heavy Slam
- Pin Missile/Volt Switch

So far I had yet to add a solid fairy type check. I also had no way of removing hazards and figured I wanted a spikes user on top of it to take advantage of the switches entei forces and seeing as most steel/water types are grounded Spikes became all the more appealing. Heavy Slam instead of gyro here to hit sylveon for more damage while Pin Missile is used to lure in celebi (though it´s not much of a lure anymore). Forretress is another member of the team that really appreciates wish support, especially as it is forced to swich into hazards a lot. The spread is standard, with Lefties to gain some additional revocery and make pivoting easier.

Circles (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature

- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

The last mon I added is a crucial asset to any balanced team: A wish passer. Seeing as sylveon is the best one available at the moment and I was also really weak to Hydreigon and special attackers in general it didn´t take me long to decide. The 32 EVs in SpD ensure it doesn´t get 2HKOd by Hydreigons Flash Cannon, anything else is standard. Sylveon is the glue for this team, as it keeps the other members healthy with repeated wish passing and can also get rid of annoying status that would otherwise cripple other mons. It also functions as my main dark type resist and helps swampert by checking certain physical attackers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That´s pretty much it for the team, it functions really well against most of the meta, though it is a bit weak to opposing hazards and stuff like chandelure/Krook.

Hope you enjoyed this RMT and I wish all of you a nice day :)

sex (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake

drugs (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

rock+roll (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

fumes (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar

XO (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Heavy Slam
- Volt Switch

Circles (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Huge shoutouts to the rmt room in general, a lot of nice people on there and it´s always great being around with you
nv Nicest person I met in a long time, also my favorite NU rater
Mr.Surgeon Really nice person whose company I really enjoy
Panther-T Helped me a lot with mons overall and is a really nice person (although he tilts easily :P)
Sovjet Onion for introducing me to mons and being a friend overall
Stevan's Sceptile for staying with me when the rmt room is empty once again
AnishSomani Always nice talking to you though you are legit soo young :P
Qplaz My 10th favorite OU rater <3

Attachments

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi
  • Well generally with teams that follow this common formula for balance there's not much in terms of the Pokemon themselves that are in need of changing so I'll just go into movesets. The first of which is having Shadow Ball > Leech Seed on Celebi. Being able to remove and / or weaken Bronzong, Doublade and Metagross for Aerodactyl is really useful while the matchup against stall isn't too bad off considering you have a strong wallbreaker in Entei, Celebi still does wonders against the playstyle depending on their check to it and the amount of entry hazards you can force onto the field.
  • In tandem with the above change that also lets you somewhat deal with opposing Celebi slightly better, I feel inclined to have Volt Switch > Pin Missile on Forretress. Simply put, the necessity for a full fledged Celebi answer doesn't seem of the upmost importance considering you can do an upward of ~35% with Heavy Slam and you can slow pivot out into Aerodactyl, Entei or your own Celebi with Volt Switch anyhow. The real reason I feel this change could be a slight improvement is that it allows you to circumvent any potential issues you may have against Gyarados or honestly most setup sweepers that could look at Forretress as the main momentum sink. Furthermore it allows you to be able to pivot out of incoming entry hazard removers for some damage, i.e Empoleon / opposing Forretress, and overall just has good utility for teams like this. With this I'd also use 0 Spe IVs on Forretress to ensure you have the slowest Volt Switch possible, and in the case of vsing opposing Forretress you can Speed tie and hope to underspeed to get the slower Volt Switch.

Sorry if this is not a rate, but I'm really proud of you. I remember a few months ago you were just another guy asking why Donphan is not viable, but look how far you've came!

Edit: I have not tilted in like a month! I've been working on keeping my cool n_n!

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there! A bit late, but I do have a suggestion for you on top of what Kreme posted.

I would recommend trying out CB Conkeldurr over Entei. There are 3 main reasons why I'm recommending this. The first is because I can see this team struggling with Curse Snorlax, as your ways of directly dealing damage to it aren't looking too efficient. Sure, you can get up hazards and roar it out with Swampert, but that's only until it's the last mon on the opposing field. Celebi and Aero need boosts before it comes in though to do much, so your counterplay is pretty shaky, and Conk can certainly help with that. The next reason is because these types of builds usually struggle with things like SD Coba and Luc a lot. Shuca SD Coba really just needs to weaken Swampert before getting up a boost and sweeping. CB Conk's Mach Punch can put put Coba into Aero's Aerial Ace range. Also, a good thing to note is that CB + Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch is generally stronger than Entei's Extreme Speed, so you don't suffer too much from the change in priority. Lastly, I noticed that your team will tend to struggle against standard Blissey stall teams. CB Conk is quite difficult to counter, and so it'll greatly improve your matchup against defensive teams. Anyways, here's the set:

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Hope this helped, and best of luck with the team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)