ORAS PU idk what to call this but look at my rmt it's pretty cool

Hello and welcome to my 4th RMT. Of all of my RMT's this one probably features the most non-standard sets (at least they were non-standard at the time the team was made). However, it's still a pretty solid team, and I'd recommend it to someone who wants to try out PU now that it's official. Also sorry this is the same format as my other RMT's, I'm getting pretty bored of it so I'll try to find a different one next time.

As for the team itself, it's a pretty normal offense team that has a bit of a reliance on using status to beat things, as 4/6 of the team regularly inflict it. It has a pretty big Machoke weakness but other than that it has a way around just about anything, making it a pretty fun team to use.

The Team

Roselia @

Ability:
Natural Cure
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
EVs: 32 HP | 252 SpA | 220 Spe
Giga Drain | Sludge Bomb | Hidden Power Fighting | Sleep Powder

So this set is something I thought would be cool immediately once Pawniard dropped, since unless they know your set they'll basically always click Knock Off against you and you can just outspeed and OHKO them with HP Fighting. Other than that it's just standard offensive Roselia, I decided to go with Giga Drain over Leaf Storm since the ability to regain health can be really nice and it lets you kind of bluff a defensive set sometimes (especially when a Pawniard switches in). I used to have Spikes on this but I found that I was never using them in favor of just getting a bunch of damage off on whatever switched in, so I decided that Sleep Powder would be much more useful on it.

Bouffalant @

Ability:
Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Atk | 4 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Return | Earthquake | Megahorn | Pursuit

PU is a tier that for a very long time had no viable Assault Vest users, but when Bouffalant dropped this certainly changed. AV Bouffalant is absolutely amazing because it's really strong without a boosting item and it's just absurdly bulky, doing ridiculous things like taking ~35% from LO Floatzel Hydro and being able to switch into LO Exeggutor and Kadabra without Psyshock and Pursuit trap them. This thing is just really hard to switch into and even harder to kill; it's just amazing and more people really need to use it.

Stunfisk @

Ability:
Static
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpD
Stealth Rock | Discharge | Earth Power | Hidden Power Bug

Despite having a bunch of things that can take advantage of it, Stunfisk is insanely easy to just slap onto a team in this meta. It checks electrics, birds, Pawniard, and weaker special attackers like Scarf Mime all in one slot and reliably gets up SR too. HP Bug looks really stupid but it's a really cool Eggy lure and you don't really need the last slot for anything else, though Thunder Wave, Toxic, Yawn, and Scald are all decent options over it.

Kadabra @

Ability:
Magic Guard
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Psychic | Signal Beam | Thunder Wave | Encore

Yay standard Kadabra, a staple on offense for a very good reason. There's very little I can actually explain about this; it's just really good for stopping basically every setup sweeper under the sun, especially ones that would otherwise easily beat me like RP Regice and RP Relicanth. I chose Signal Beam for my coverage move because it hits both Grumpig and Pawniard and at least does a miniscule amount of damage to Vullaby.

Misdreavus @

Ability:
Levitate
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP | 200 Def | 56 Spe
Foul Play | Will-O-Wisp | Taunt | Thunder Wave

While a lot of people think this thing is pretty mediocre right now and I can see why, dual status Missy is a really, really fun set that lets it annoy stuff that would otherwise be hugely annoying to my team, especially Monferno, while also beating things like Bouffalant that standard Missy beats. It was also helpful for Linoone before it was banned, since I could paralyze it with Kadabra and then kill it with this. Missy is more or less just a glue mon on this team.

Zebstrika @

Ability:
Sap Sipper
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Volt Switch | Thunderbolt | Overheat | Hidden Power Ice

Zebstrika is pretty integral to this team, as it's the only thing that actually outspeeds Floatzel and Jumpluff. I rely on it quite a bit to deal with faster threats in general. What's cool about Zebstrika on this team is that with Bouffalant it forms a dual Sap Sipper core, so Grass-types (particularly Jumpluff) aren't really a problem for this team at all. I could run Soundproof on Bouffalant or Electrode instead of this to deal with Chatot better, but I have Misdreavus and to a lesser extent Stunfisk for that so this way is better.

Final Look

ロゼリア (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sleep Powder

バッフロン (Bouffalant) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Pursuit

マッギョ (Stunfisk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Bug]

ユンゲラー (Kadabra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

ムウマ (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

ゼブライカ (Zebstrika) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

I know some of you will hate me for this but I just did full shoutouts two months ago and I really don't have anything new to say about most people so I'm just gonna tag people who I think are cool if I forgot you sorry no offend yay run on sentence

Spy trc Anty galbia QuoteCS Molk macle Imanalt Minus Nova Tokyo Tom BulbaSword P Squared CyclicCompound Lemonade Mambo Gary2346 Lasagne atomicllamas Megazard Raiza Dundies 2xTheTap Mael WhiteDMist scorpdestroyer TONE114 -Grim gasquakee Spirit GatoDelFuego Sweep Arikado Disjunction Haruno Kingler12345 Sir Kay Robert Alfons sugarhigh Kushalos Exeggutor ANTEMORTEM Winry Twix Jukain Dell Tect f(x) dodmen Hootie astroboy Can-Eh-Dian Jac Bouffalant Drift Wizard Aurora Kotori unfixable Xylen Aragorn boltsandbombers Montsegur Don Honchkrorleone holy crap i know so many people

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Nice team there magnemite.

The team is really solid and im struggling to find many weaknesses. The biggest problem would be something like trapinch + poke that can abuse stunfisk being gone and kadabra's sash being broken, but even then misdreavus can cover plenty of those threats with dual status. Relying on Zebstrika to revenge kill might be shaky at times, as it is pretty weak, so you might want to consider using Electrode over it. For example:
252 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rapidash: 165-196 (60.8 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Electrode Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rapidash: 183-216 (67.5 - 79.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (there are other examples like needing one less turn to KO ursaring, always OHKOing Jumpluff, etc)
Like you said, you have Bouffalant to deal with Grass-types, so Sap Sipper and Overheat aren't huge losses. Taunt is also helpful vs Roselia and Venipede, as Spike users do look slightly annoying for you, as particularly Bouffalant gets warn down easily (you also don't need signal beam as you have plenty of eggy killers).

Another thing you could try is more bulk on Roselia. Ik those EVs let you outspeed pawniard (fyi you only need 216 ;)), but between stunfisk and catching it on the switch (or even last ditch will-o with missy), I think you are prepared enough for Pawniard. More bulk can do some nice things like avoid the 2HKO from Scarf Simipour and avoid the OHKO from Golduck, both simi and rain teams can be very threatening if Bouffalant gets weakened (particularly the latter as Kadabra can only check one sweeper). If you chose that then you only need 96 EVs to outspeed Golem. Also on Roselia, if you are afraid of Machoke, then Leaf Storm would be the way to go, but I do see why you like Giga Drain.

Ik both these changes do take away some small assets, but they are something you should think about.

ChingChangChong (Electrode) @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

ban linoone

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
32 spdef on stunfisk lowers LO float hydro OHKO after rocks to 12.5% chance instead of idr, something > 50%. Just a spread I prefer, passho/more spdef also might be cool bc waters suck. I'll leave the hordes of raters to do more stuff thought, nice team n thanks for shoutout

edit: Yeah Magnemite looking at it I was just suggesting what I consider to be a more optimal spread but when offensive roselia is your best switch into CB floatzel/basculin/kingler then you should definitely consider passho berry fisk

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hey Magnemite solid team you got there
Before trying to rate this, I was testing it on the ladder as it's hard to find a lot of flaws in a team such as this one, but I immediately found a Machoke, which gave me some problems. You have few switchins for it, and the all-out attacker set can take out Kadabra with ease, while the Rest variant can get past Misdreavus with relatively few difficulty. Same thing goes for some other physical attackers such as Stoutland and Monferno. I think the main problem resides in the fact that Misdreavus is actually really underwhelming as a physical backbone for your team, therefore replace her with a more solid physical wall, I would suggest you to try Vullaby honestly. Vullaby provides you a check to the aforementioned physical attackers, while also gets you Defog support, which is key to keep Bouffalant, Roselia, and more importantly Stunfisk, at high health during the mid stages of the game. Vullaby also works as an insurance against Exeggutor(if it doesn't run Ancient Power) in the case Bouffalant gets weakened too early, while keeping a Ground-type immunity also.

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Foul Play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)