ORAS UU Im CreSsY - purple and blue team by marcu5

EDITS: Reuploaded sprites because Pokestadium won't stop dying

credit to carcy and PursuitOfHappiny for the name

Here's the introducton. I hate this part because I don't know what to say here. Hello.

The Team

Here it is. You probably have a few questions but I'll answer it all later. There have been a few different versions of this team but I think this is the finalized version. Let's just jump right into it.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

It starts with a CM Cress. Nothing new here, just the classic Calm Mind / Recovery / Attacks. The Psychic + Fairy combination is pretty decent against most stuff (except for some steel types like Metagross). The recovery is nice, but Moonlight only having 8 PP isn't nice. Something I bring out early or mid game to pick up a few boosts and try to do some damage. One of the sets from the original version of the team.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray

Hazard control is most-likely a requirement on a team like this, so I have Tentacruel removing hazards. Acid Spray is one of my favorite moves to use on Tentacruel, and Toxic Spikes are cool too. Scald is alright when it actually manages to burn, and Liquid Ooze is a nice ability because it punishes the use of Giga Drain / Seeds / Drain Punch. Usually the plan is to try to get off 1 T-Spike and then decide whether to go for the second one depending on what my opponent's team looks like.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Next up on the list is Suicune. Scald is there for the exact same reasons its on Tentacruel, for the burns and whatnot, but unlike Tenta, I'm looking for the burn much more often with this mon. Roar is at its best when hazards are on the field, and stops stuff from setting up unless it's Espeon or Xatu / running Magic Coat or Taunt / Soundproof, but I'm pretty sure that all of those, except for the chance of Taunt, are extremely unlikely.

Florges-Blue @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Up next is Florges. The picture above the set wasn't blue before but ya boi came through with a clutch edit to make it blue. We got Florges to pass Wishes to the mons on this team that lack recovery, most notably Tentacruel, but sometimes I get a few wishes to Nidoqueen too. Moonblast is an attack, and Aromatherapy is yet another contribution Florges makes by being able to heal the entire squad and get rid of burns and poisons and stuff.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Now here's where all the questions roll in. You're probably wondering, "Dafuq is Darm doing here?" Well, believe it or not, it actually has a purpose here. I lead with it about 95% of the time, and after using my other 5 mons to wear down the opposition, come in with this late game to clean. It doesnt get much action outside of early and late in matches though, but early game and late game is where it makes stuff happen.

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Last up is the Queen. I was looking for a Stealth Rock setter so I decided to use Nidoqueen for a couple of reasons. The higher physical defense helps in taking hits from most Fighting type attacks. I got Roar for the exact same reasons that Suicune has Roar. On the previous installment of this team I had Sludge Wave, but decided to go with Ice Beam here because it's better against mons like Hydreigon and Aerodactyl.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Florges-Blue @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Gyarados. Gyarados absolutely murders this team.I didn't even notice until I battled someone with one, but that dude hella choked anyway. It can set up on almost anything the team has to offer, and all I can do to stop it is:
1. Hope to God that it's not my opponent's last mon, so that I can freely Roar.
2. Hope to God that it only got one boost so Darm can come in and Rock Slide.
3. Hope that Cress has enough boosts to 1v1 it before it gets too crazy with boosts.

Possibly the worst Rocket Hideout remix of all time.

everyone.

This is the first version of the team. It's a bit different than the RMT. It's got Alomomola instead of Suicune, Florges has a Calm Mind set, and Nidoqueen has Sludge Wave. This version of the team was even weaker to Gyarados than the RMT is, the plan with this was to hope that it wasn't Sub so that I could get off a Toxic with Alomomola. I even considered running Thunderbolt on Nidoqueen at one point, and I honestly think that would be a fine option on the newer version of the team.

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey man cool looking team, I just have a couple of small recommendations.

• First off, I'd recommend using Sylveon > Florges, it's really the all-around better cleric nowadays, packed with more power and around the same amount of bulk as it is. Here's the set

Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pixilate
    Bold Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Heal Bell
    - Wish
    - Protect

• Next, I noticed that you had 5 special attackers and only 1 physical attacker in Darm. You also already have some fighting resists already to take on the likes of Coba, ape, etc. That's why I'd recommend Krookodile over Nidoqueen, as it provides you another physical attacker to not get walled by stuff like Snorlax or Bliss oo. Here's the set

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

• Lastly, I'd recommend running some speed on both Suicune and Cresselia, as speed on these can be pretty crucial nowadays now that everyone and their mother creeps pretty hard on both of these Pokemon lmao. On Suicune I'd recommend running around 36 Spe to creep other suicunes, and on Cress I'd recommend running a set w/ Colbur Berry and a spread of 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe to outspeed Crawdaunts.
You could probably play around with stuff like Milotic over Suicune for Gyara as well if you still feel weak to it. But overall, cool team and I hope you consider my recommendations, good luck!

Last edited:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hello :D

mega beedrill looks like a real problem for your team to be facing especially since your only real method of checking it would be Scarf Darmanitan which isn't really the best option which is why i think you should try running foretress > tentacruel. this at least helps you check beedrill in the short term while also providing you with a check to cresselia in the form of toxic. ur cm cress match up is pretty shitty otherwise. you can keep it healthy with wish so it can check beedrill consistently.

now I'm gonna have to disagree with Shiba here in running Sylveon, I think running Florges is the better choice purely because of the speed as without it you'd be on the back foot when trying to pivot around something like a Choice Banded Conkeldurr for example. however protect is indeed outclassed so running synthesis with 16 spe perhaps would be more prudent

I do agree with Shiba that Krookodile would be a better option that nidoqueen although I have a slight alteration to the set he's using. I think running pursuit w/ 40 def as an emergency check to mega beedrill would be greatly appreciated. the evs would be taken out of attack and I think with krook and fortress you should be able to handle cresselia.

i know you built around cress but the team as it is doesn't really have a way of outright pressuring water types which is a little frustrating to play against in addition to still being kind of slow. which is why i think mega sceptile > cresselia would be an acceptable change. this fills in problems of a slow team, with hp bug it gives you a celebi check and gives you a way to actually pressure water types which is nice. I also think that if you made this change you could run cm roar suicune instead of the roar talk set. it functions well in conjunction with spikes and aromatherapy support in florges. oh yea and optimising cune's ev spread would also be good. 240 hp / 212 def / 56 speed allows you to outspeed slower roar cune and hit lefties numbers.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Rapid Spin

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)