Introducing the NEW and IMPROVED Doubles Circuit!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Hello, everyone, it's my pleasure to introduce to you the changes the mod team and council will be bringing to the tournament circuit this new year! We've tried to incorporate as much of your feedback as possible, as well as our own ambitions for the tier. In addition, we've really upped the production value to hopefully make it as good of an event as possible! So, what's new?
  • Power Rankings! These rankings are replacing the point system and will be filled in throughout the year with the results from the major tournaments. These rankings are going to be posted everywhere around the site that has to do with doubles. Trust me, we're going to make them as prestigious as possible.
    • Current Top 10 standings:
      • Stratos (29)
      • KyleCole (27)
      • deoxys speed (21)
      • kamikaze17 (21)
      • Tricking (21)
      • checkmater75 (19)
      • Giragoomy (19)
      • Memoric (19)
      • Croven (17)
      • Level 56 (16)
      • Tesung (16)
      • TGMD (16)
  • Highlight matches! One match every round will be streamed live with professional-style commentary from two of myself, Laga, BLOOD TOTEM, and Arcticblast. This footage will then be uploaded on the Smogon YouTube channel. For the first seasonal these matches will be chosen by me, but afterwards, it's going to be decided by the placement of the lower player on the power rankings. So if you've ever wanted to be immortalized in a moment of prime Pokemon ass-kicking, make sure you place high on the power rankings!
  • CASH PRIZES! You read that right. Each tournament's top finishers will be rewarded with actual money!
So what's the actual format for the circuit? Well, if you checked the power rankings, you would see, but the long and short of it is that we massively simplified it. It's simply going to be four double elimination tournaments, one every three months. Minitours, though they will continue to run, will no longer be associated with the tournament circuit, and we cut out the invitational due to its distinct lack of hype. Instead we decided to specialize on what was the best part of the doubles circuit, which was the hunt for top placements during the major. Hopefully we all now get to feel that four times per year!

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha I love you Stratos , this new circuit sounds amazing. I needed something like this to make me want to play mons this year, and our amazing tier leader delivered!

I guess it's true what they say about it being impossible to quit mons. Last night, I had a dream about pokemon, and guess what niggas... it was a wet one!
We in here bois, fighting our way through every rock slide and thunder wave; there ain't no stoppin the Victorious B.I.G. these niggas about to get bodied and sat on, and believe me that I have the body to do both :]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Translation: Good luck and have fun everyone, and let's make this a great year!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha I love you Stratos , this new circuit sounds amazing. I needed something like this to make me want to play mons this year, and our amazing tier leader delivered!

I guess it's true what they say about it being impossible to quit mons. Last night, I had a dream about pokemon, and guess what niggas... it was a wet one!
We in here bois, fighting our way through every rock slide and thunder wave; there ain't no stoppin the Victorious B.I.G. these niggas about to get bodied and sat on, and believe me that I have the body to do both :]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Translation: Good luck and have fun everyone, and let's make this a great year!
all you need to do is change this to monospace font now,,,,, @@@__@@@

Dang, glad so many people have already signed up for the seasonal, and the deadline is still 6 days away! Good job advertising this, Stratos :]

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
actually my first year playing the circuit (from the start, even!) so I'm really looking forward to it

also holy shit so many sign-ups

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The problem is that they would probably rate you on VGC performance because Smogon isn't endorsed by Nintendo :(

Stratos

Banned deucer.
BUUUUUUUMP

I'd love to hear feedback on the highlight matches. Is the commentary informative? Is it worth listening to? What would you like to see improved? Any presentation/technical things which could be improved? (e.g. voice volume/quality, stream layout, etc.) Do you like the way the cast is structured in terms of order of events?

Especially interested in the thoughts of people who are learning or looking to get into doubles, but if you're a veteran feel free to comment as well.

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can someone link me to them? Because up to this point I haven't seen a single video on the YouTube channel pertaining to the Doubles seasonal.

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i like totem's voice (british n_n) and pwnemon's intricate thought process
arcticblast is cool too
keep up the good work!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Can someone link me to them? Because up to this point I haven't seen a single video on the YouTube channel pertaining to the Doubles seasonal.
yea theyre not on youtube because ace emerald takes like two weeks to respond to a pm but you can find them all here in the meantime http://www.twitch.tv/smogonu/profile/past_broadcasts, i also updated the op of each round with the video links once they were done

edit apparently that only shows the 3 most recent videos so heres week 2 and i cant find week 1 sorry

edit2: wowzers these things delete themselves after two weeks x_X

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)