Issue #19 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Good morning everyone. This is a very important issue for several reasons, but on a personal level it is my first release since being named Head Editor -- I'm sure you didn't know that. ;) The Smog issue #19 is packed with a total of forty articles, which makes this our most ambitious release to date in terms of number of featured articles. As usual, all of our recurring ones—Judge a Pokemon, Featured RMTs, Featured Pokemon, Type Analysis, Interviews—are back, along with other different topics that range from competitive strategies, to amusement with some SPL drama, to information on important aspects of the site such as the Translation Projects and Suspect results. Speaking of results, you may want to make the Smog Awards one of the first articles you read, as there's a lot to see there this time! Once again, we have managed to put some great things together for you to read, and we hope you enjoy this issue as much as we enjoyed working on it!

Now, I want to take a moment to thank all the people who have contributed to this issue of The Smog. Writers, proofreaders, artists, and HTMLers -- you all do an extensive amount of work every time, and you're all integral parts of the magazine. Good job! But the Smog contributors shouldn't take all the credit, because without an audience we wouldn't be able to do what we do here in the first place. So, to you, the reader, thank you! And as always, I encourage you to leave your feedback in the comments section so that we can continue to work toward making every issue of The Smog a better one.

As a final note, I'm glad to announce that old contributors jumpluff and Fatecrashers are now back in the Staff and in full force! Thank you for your hard work this time -- it's awesome to have you guys back. That said, I hope you all enjoy the articles we're bringing to you this time, and remember that you can also pitch us your ideas and get to do one or many of the things Smog contributors do every issue. Cheers!

i think it's time to take a nap

congrats to us for hitting forty and wb fate ilyyyy <333

also i wanna thank everyone who helped setsuna and i push this to release; i mean, i've been around for many smog releases and this one has to have been one of the more infuriating and tedious ones (just telling it like it is), and without sirn, fate, sandz, and omi, as well as all the other people who pointed out things to fix that i might be missing, i think it might've been unbearable lol. even the contributors page doesn't reveal how much work certain people do behind the scenes every single issue so i want to thank them right here

and thank you very much to birkal and fate again for all that late minute art :)

lol damn, 40 articles? that's impressive in itself...

Thanks for leading Setsuna, and thanks to everyone who helped make this possible :)

Also it's nearly 4AM -____-

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
gonna enjoy reeeading

smogs always up for when i wake in the morning, blessed

edit: superstars im guessin may be covered in the next issue?

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First time using Smog Access ~_~ Sure was a lot of hardwork put up by everyone! Especially Setsuna and jumpluff! It sure was great working with everyone here and thanks for everyone's guidance left right centre! Learning HTML in like 3 days isn't possible without all the help given >.>

40 articles?????? WTFISSSSSSSSSSH. ._____. Sure took forever for Setsuna to upload all of them... + idk how many art pieces in total ~_~ Many thanks to everyone who played a part in the release of this! Lol Fatecachers Alcachemator etc etc... And especially for those who sacrificed their sleep to do this ~~ Awesome work everyone!! :D

i think it's time to take a nap

congrats to us for hitting forty and wb fate ilyyyy <333

also i wanna thank everyone who helped setsuna and i push this to release; i mean, i've been around for many smog releases and this one has to have been one of the more infuriating and tedious ones (just telling it like it is), and without sirn, fate, sandz, and omi, as well as all the other people who pointed out things to fix that i might be missing, i think it might've been unbearable lol. even the contributors page doesn't reveal how much work certain people do behind the scenes every single issue so i want to thank them right here

and thank you very much to birkal and fate again for all that late minute art :)
Hey I did last minute art too :< haha w/e :) Couldn't imagine what would happen if you didn't come back this issue x.x

Anyway, HAPPY READING!~

/me used Dig!

oh Taylor ninja :<

edit: can we get gold luvdiscs for this thread? haha

Great work everyone! I really like the entertainment articles, especially cookie's. Anyways, I'll go update the Article Index now.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ahhhhhhhh the restructuring of the sentences in my article leave a few errors v_v.

all in all it is an amazing issue though!!! i cannot express how much gratitude we should give jumpluff, fate, setsuna, etc. etc. for doing a lot of last minute work to get this to you guys

n_n

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
SPL Drama article said:
Sadly for the Ruiners, this turned out to be nothing more than a devious ploy by Folgorio to award the Ruiners a win, and after Iconic was friendly enough to calculate the percentage of the "Triple Scald Burn Crit," LN's ruling on the match was swayed, and badabing got his win.
False! I calculated this and gave it to Iconic. That dog is trying to take credit for my ingenious calculation! I'm supporting a full site ban for plagiarism!

Many, many thanks for allowing me to contribute and be featured in this issue :)

Congrats to the staff and writers that made this issue huge and awesome. Really great stuff, haha

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Great work everyone, I now have an excuse to procrastinate on doing my homework even more weeeeee

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Great issue however, windsong could have done a better job trying to highlight what really happened after Lizardman and Folgorios battle.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I just want to say that I was glad to take part in this issue by writing Featured Uber Pokemon. Fantastic work guys, well done!

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This was my first time venturing outside of C&C for almost 2 years, and I'm glad to contribute to this amazing issue. Definitely one of the biggest and best around; I look forward to working with the staff in the future! :D Good job everyone!

Got a quick typo for you guys:

In Guide to Smogon IRC

Metagame-Specific Channels

While #pokemon is available to talk about all things Pokémon, sometimes the channel can get a bit hectic. If this is the case, there are metagame-specific channels where you can talk about certain metagames in depth with the more experienced players of that tier. Some of the metagame-specific channels that exist are #genvuu, #genvuu, #rarelyused, #neverused, #ubers, and #littlecup.

thank you!

Sayonara

don't forget
I was laughing so hard when I was reading Top 10 Most Fabulous Pokemon by Oglemi. This Smog Issue was great! Great job, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)