Issue #22 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Special mentions go out to Bummer for doing an incredible job with leading Pokemon Biology now
Why don't you shut your fa-

Oh.

Thanks!

The Pokemon Biology articles are awesome, I wish I could get in on one :<
If you don't already have workshop access, we might be able to work something out. You don't need any particular education to participate, but people who are well versed with a scientific vocabulary would fare better than others. Although that is subjective I suppose, you could just check out this and the former sessions to get an idea of how a typical entry sounds like.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was not aware of a workshop section, and unless it's hidden somewhere I can't find it at all.

Now that I've had more time to read it, this was a REALLY good issue. Good job and thank you to everyone involved!

xenu

Banned deucer.
a disappointing issue imo; minecraft article was nice but the rest of it was just pokemon, pokemon and more pokemon.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Birdiest of all Birds was cool but I thought this issue was lacking articles.

Great work!
It's lacking articles because the Smog is released monthly now, instead of bi-monthly.

For example, the RMT's and Featured Pokémon are split each issue. For example, Featured UU RMT was in this issue, but not Featured UU Pokémon. Next issue, Featured UU Pokémon will appear but not the UU RMT.

Sweet! I always look forward to Reading any articles, especially The Smog. So far, the articles and artwork exceed expectations and the monthly release date is even better!

xenu

Banned deucer.
you're right it's not like this is a webzine that has to do with pokemon anyway
when you have an entire website that tells you why this set is great and why you should use that pokemon, you don't need a webzine to do the exact same thing when you can have articles about say, the community, that are actually interesting to read and don't just appeal to some ultra-niche crowd like "normal types in RU".

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I felt like this issue was lacking something that other issues have had, can't put my finger on it.

My favorite art this month was the Medal Rally art, however. Good issue.
We're doing things monthly instead of bi-monthly, so the lack of articles could be it. We're still working on them, so be on the look out for that "lacking" piece of work!

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
when you have an entire website that tells you why this set is great and why you should use that pokemon, you don't need a webzine to do the exact same thing when you can have articles about say, the community, that are actually interesting to read and don't just appeal to some ultra-niche crowd like "normal types in RU".
what do you expect from a community that builds itself around competitive pokemon? what kind of articles about the community are supposed to come about that don't simply re-hash what we you can already find by reading through the forums? i am honestly curious about your answer.

otherwise, i guess i just don't understand why you're expecting non-pokemon articles from a pokemon webzine

xenu

Banned deucer.
are you honestly claiming that the smogon community is so one-dimensional as to have 0 interests outside of pokemon?? i don't know about you, but most users ive met wouldn't exactly vehemently object to articles that aren't "HEY THESE ARE HEATMOR'S BEST SETS IN NU". what about editorials?? opinion pieces?? reviews?? satire?? the smog has zero personality only because you're treating it like ANALYSES: THE MAGAZINE; it's supposed to be an entity of its own and not just another appendage of C&C where talentless hacks who call themselves 'writers' can smurf a badge or two.

sorry if i sound rude

i wouldn't mind more non-pokemon content to be honest. the regular content gets a bit dry but that's just me, maybe there are people who have no issues with the smog at all

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
as with everything else on this site, it's written by users, for users. if you want it, write it and offer it up for next month, otherwise stop calling on someone else to fix it. nobody's gonna magically do the writing for you, especially seeing as we aren't paying for the smog and can't wave our money to demand material we like. you want somebody to write it? "somebody" is you.

in other news: the smog was good this month

Thanks for the Issue, I enjoyed it very much. I particularly liked the underrated moveset articles, as well as the retyping one.

A whole article about bird pokémon and no mention of either 'Bird' type pokémon, Missingno. and 'M. I even hear 'Missingno.' commonly pronounced as to rhyme with 'flamingo', further crediting it's status as a bird.

This is the first time I have read a smog, cover to cover, and i enjoyed the entire thing. Thank you for the time and effort you put into this.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
/late. Had fun working with this issue ^_^ The next will definitely be better! Great time working with new people too~ I read most of the articles and liked them, Pokemon-related or not. Featured NU RMT must read !_!

/me awaits next issue

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For everybody out there talking about a lack of issues: for over a year now, we have been making a The Smog that packs well over 40 articles with each release — I cannot put that into context, but saying that that is a ridiculous amount of both work and content seems to be accurate. The current issue, #22, has marked a new era for us and with it comes an online magazine that focuses less on delivering a large quantity of articles, and more on getting them out earlier and better distributed subject-wise. We are continuously learning from our own work and making improvements to what we do as a community.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work, as a beginner to competitive battling, I really enjoy all the articles I can read. Remember, despite the criticism you may get on articles, there are still people out there, like myself, who appreciate everyone's efforts

Do you learn whether or not you gave the right answers to the trivia when the next issue is released, or are you notified beforehand? Other than that, great issue and really looking forward to the next one.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Being someone who won a trivia challenge once, you find out when the article is released, and you are expected to contact the admin mentioned (I'm pretty sure it's still Mekkah, though) to claim your prize. It makes no difference if you have access to the Workshop also, you wait for the article release, and then PM the admin to claim your prize. All there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)