Issue #26 Released!

Which were your favorite Smog articles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a replay of that battle in battling 1337
i would love to see that
Sadly I don't think there is, but I'd love to see you all do your best to recreate it... Or something like it! Learn well, padawans.

Glad you enjoyed the article~

Those sprites were amazing haha

I'm kinda pissed I didnt play PS! that day and Ii missed it...with all the work you guys put into it you should find some way to use them away, or display them all

Came here just to say that this issue was awesome, especially the battling 1337. It takes a lot to make me laugh but i laughed out loud several times while reading the article.

Zoroarks illusion is fake, much like Molk's badges
LOL
anyways, one of my favorite issues. Just wondering where the gym article went?

One more thing, I would love to write articles on ubers or NU, just let me know if I could.

1337 article and the oddish were the best articles of this month's issue. Please more oddish. And did chaos really die?

Awesome work guys! I've had a lot of fun reading the articles, my favorite one being the Manly Team.
Keep up your good work!

If you need any help in translations just say, I'd be glad to help.

Gosh why does everyone like my article so much, I really have no idea I didn't even find it that funny o_O...
Because only a swag YOLO boss could write that lol

EDIT: ModestGarchomp, I gotta agree. rey's ADV bio interview with kd24 is amazing. We need that like...every issue (if possible)

Like many others, the 1337 Battling tips had me in stitches.

But I just wanted to give a shout-out to How Moves Work for making me feel smart for being actually able to understand what was being said. Most of it anyways. XD

I think the Pokemon Biology lost a bit of the focus on how the ability was actually supposed to work, which was one of the things I liked about previous ones. Still good, but could use a bit more BS hypothesizing instead of reminding us that Shedinja is terrible.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Like many others, the 1337 Battling tips had me in stitches.

But I just wanted to give a shout-out to How Moves Work for making me feel smart for being actually able to understand what was being said. Most of it anyways. XD

I think the Pokemon Biology lost a bit of the focus on how the ability was actually supposed to work, which was one of the things I liked about previous ones. Still good, but could use a bit more BS hypothesizing instead of reminding us that Shedinja is terrible.
For as long as I remember PokeBio, it was never 'how does X ability or move work', it was 'answer whatever the questions were'. I personally think that Mummy had some nice explanations, Joeyboy off the top of my head.

It was always answering the questions, picked by preference of the leader. I personally wouldn't want to explain how a Bug doesn't get hurt by a dragon's Claw. Sometimes, the topic has nothing to do with abilities.

I'd also like to note that this is the first issue since Bummer took over that he wasn't participating - there was supposed to be 5 panelists, one dropped, and the rest (including me) finished last second.

If you were upset, I apologize. However, PokeBio will always be how the panelists want it to be - an example is that we had scientists this whole time, and this issue Joeyboy tried out a reporter approach.

For as long as I remember PokeBio, it was never 'how does X ability or move work', it was 'answer whatever the questions were'. I personally think that Mummy had some nice explanations, Joeyboy off the top of my head.

It was always answering the questions, picked by preference of the leader. I personally wouldn't want to explain how a Bug doesn't get hurt by a dragon's Claw. Sometimes, the topic has nothing to do with abilities.

I'd also like to note that this is the first issue since Bummer took over that he wasn't participating - there was supposed to be 5 panelists, one dropped, and the rest (including me) finished last second.

If you were upset, I apologize. However, PokeBio will always be how the panelists want it to be - an example is that we had scientists this whole time, and this issue Joeyboy tried out a reporter approach.
Don't get me wrong, I thought it was still good. Just has some kinks that could be improved.
To further clarify, I wanted to see more off-the-wall theories as to why something does x, or various "experiments" involving x.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
It's a good idea, I agree, but it boils down to: what do the panelists want to do?

There's no real sense in clogging up the thread anymore, and you're free to VM me, but panelists will write what they will. I am not going to tell the panelists "well, one of you need to be a mad scientist who likes experiments", because that cramps what they can/want to do.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
can we give level 51 51 of those smog badges

that article was hilarious hahahahahahahahahaha

I absolutely loved 'Battling 1337: How to Battle Correctly'! I just have to try out that expert belt garchomp set..and lol @252spA scizor...and the protect hax part xDD

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Hey guys and gals, this was an excellent issue and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Keep up the great work! :)

Hate to bandwagon, but Battling 1337: How to Battle Correctly was just brilliant. It takes a really good player to win with that kind of team (or a really troll opponent I suppose). LOL'd so many times during Latin class (people were looking at me weird :P).

Deleted User 163120

Banned deucer.
Overall really good issue. The choice of Entertainment articles in particular seemed very well balanced, quite engaging and interesting to read \o/

Loved the creativity on the article "How moves work" I had similar thoughts, but you guys knew how to write it! Overall, this issue is really entertaining and can keep you reading for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)