Issue #27 Released!

Which were your favorite Smog articles?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

And here we are again with a new issue of the mighty the Smog! Issue #27 brings forward a number of articles that together cover all six categories we feature. Special emphasis goes to the Metagame section, which houses over 50% of the content for this installment of the Smog. I'm sure those of you who enjoy reading about strategies, suspect, playstyle and other metagame-related topics will not be disappointed! Also, cheers to our skilled and proficient Yilx -- he's the artist behind the cover this time around, and we could not be more pleased with how badass it looks! Thank you, Yilx!

As always, it's been phenomenal working with the talented bunch that do all the behind-the-scenes work to bring you, our readers, a new issue of the Smog!

We'd love to hear from you, and we really do hope you enjoy what we've done! We've put up the feedback poll as part of this thread, so you can let us know which articles were your favourites. And if you're a fan of The Smog, please do consider getting involved -- many of our contributors are readers who wanted to be a part of something they loved. You can always contact any of The Smog's dedicated mentors if you're looking for advice or need some questions answered!

~Setsuna, jumpluff, Birkal, sandshrewz, and Toast++

I love how many articles were dedicated to the metagame, and the NUPL article was pretty cool, since it was the basis of the other PLs that have spread across the forums. Just wanted to point out thst my name in that article isn't spelled consistently (first it'd without a space and then with one). Also just wanted to say that I contributed to the Gems article together with Skylight, she put thst in the top of the OP...

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Great work as usual :) I love the quantity of metagame related articles, lol, it will help a lot of people ^^

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Excellent issue as usual, I'm happy I can still work with you all!

I say this every time but it's true every time

Good job ya'll

shout out to blara for fixing some parts in my article and all the smog mods, htlmers, gpers, artists, and writers for being ballers and makimg this issue awesome (seriously that metagame section omg!)

Enjoy reading it guys

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dude, someone spelt my name wrong in my article. It's Trinitrotoluene, not Trinitritoluene. Other than that, this is the best issue of The Smog to date.

sandz edit: this has been fixed by Calm Pokemaster and cached~

This was my first time working on The Smog, and it was a blast! Awesome issue as always, and I look forward to working on future issues~

Really an excellent read, I especially love the Interview with Vader and the creative Moveset Article. Hreat Job to all who contributed~

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah this was a pretty good issue. Good work everybody. I got to write 2 articles, which was fun.

Interesting and excellently done issue. I particularly enjoyed the 'Do You Even Lift' article, especially the part about Jasmine at the end.

Looking forward to seeing the next issue.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Awesome issue with a [literally] kickass cover!

Also thanks to Bummer for featuring me in the Smeargle's Studio Update Article! I appreciate it.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Nice time working with you all this issue; it's nice to see so many new faces. I believe the appearance of a Komodo check alone makes this issue worthwhile, haha.

Really cool read! I always love the "Do You Even Lift?" sections!

There were a few (I think) mistakes for the tier shift article (saying Glaceon has 140 SpA), but despite that it was a really fun issue :]

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Lift article was delayed just so Yilx could get cover art on this issue.

This is the truth that I am sticking to.

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but the update on-site about the issue being released isn't there. The time (May 09, 2013 12:22AM, I'm assuming that's it.) shows up, but that's all.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
i'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I noticed a mistake in the "pokemon biology" article.

From Layell's (I think) entry on bonsly:
"The moving miniature bonsai tree Pokémon was first discovered in Orre by a trainer in Pyrite Town but was later cataloged in Sinnoh as part of the National Dex. Orre was very excited to have a Pokémon tied to their region, but no researcher wanted to brave the desert to confirm that they were a natural species, so it was never to be.

It is unknown why there are not more Bonsly within Orre; it is the ideal environment for their type, but their method of disguise is completely counterproductive to this. There are no plants in the wasteland that is Orre. One possible explanation is that despite the ever-looming fear of being watered in greener environments, Bonsly still require a degree of moisture to enable them to cry. Within the sands of Orre, there is not enough moisture for Bonsly to effectively cry, which would explain why they are not an abundant species there."

There was only ever one Bonsly in Orre, and it was discovered - frightened - in its discoverer's garden. It isn't even confirmed that it was found in Orre, it was being transferred over on the ship and who knows where that ship even came from or where it traveled. If Bonsly was discovered in Orre then it would have been only a mistake, since there is only that one and it was frightened and out of it's natural habitat. I just wanted to point it out, since it is incorrect information.

Really cool read! I always love the "Do You Even Lift?" sections!

There were a few (I think) mistakes for the tier shift article (saying Glaceon has 140 SpA), but despite that it was a really fun issue :]
and in the other tier shift article, stoutland's speed should hit 578 and it gets superpower so bye heatran (because I don't understand fire fang)
on an unrelated note, I still feel shedinja should have 1 HP

sandz edit: Fixed both. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)