Issue #29 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hello everyone! It's time to unveil the 6th issue of the year and our 29th overall. This time around, we've got a ton of articles—41, to be precise—more than half of which fall into the Battling Strategy and Metagame sections. Above, you'll see the awesome and somewhat disturbing cover art, brought to you by RitterCat.

As usual, it's been great working with all of our contributors who came together to make this thing despite the technological issues over the past month-and-a-half. Thank you!

We, of course, welcome your constructive feedback. You can leave that below and be sure to come back for the poll that will (probably) show up here within the next few days. As always, if you would like to write or draw for The Smog, give us a pitch in the Article Approvals subforum.

~Setsuna, Birkal, sandshrewz, Bummer, and Toast++

Last edited:
Excellent cover art. I don't think I could have come up with anything better.

edit: you forgot bummer at the end of the post :s

Last edited:
Fuck, how do I like threads on the new forum? ;-;

Great as always working with you peeps. Solid work all around, looking forward to next issue~

Edit: whoa there's a like button, never mind, i'm drunk

Congrats everybody on a gj, I loved ALL the articles!!
I really enjoyed writing my first article and am looking forward to writing more articles in the future

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
Awesome job everyone! Once again, it was incredible working with everyone, and I can't wait to work on next issue. Only wish that the banning of Froslass happened before I finished my article but it isn't a huge deal.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pretty awesome note from the editor :D

@sandshrewz , you'll be dearly missed. Personally, you're one of the people besides Omicron and Desolate who helped me learn code and answered all my questions. You're a terrific guy and I hope we'll manage without you.

@jumpluff , you're obviously one of the most important users ever to touch The Smog, and you helped make it what it is today. You were the one who let me into The Smog to do code, which was big for me. Over time, you answered a lot of my questions and you were a great influence on me. Once again, I hope we'll be able to manage without you.

Anyway, this was my first issue where I wrote articles, so I'm fairly excited with this release c:

@jumpluff , you're obviously one of the most important users ever to touch The Smog, and you helped make it what it is today. You were the one who let me into The Smog to do code, which was big for me. Over time, you answered a lot of my questions and you were a great influence on me. Once again, I hope we'll be able to manage without you.

Anyway, this was my first issue where I wrote articles, so I'm fairly excited with this release c:
Aww, thank you! All of that means a lot to me. The Smog feels like partially my baby, so it's tough to go do other things, but I'm really proud of the teamwork that everyone has put into it to make it flourish. I helped GP + HTML the very first issue, and while I look fondly on our earlier issues (we had some really quality content in there imo), I'm continually impressed by the limits everyone manages to push. I'm super glad I could help you out as well, you learned pretty well~ It's nice to see you branching out and writing too! =D

And I agree with you: sandz will be missed a lot. x_x

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rip sandz :( gl on your exams though!
don't really have much to say to pluff :/ sorry you're cool though
also ritter is actually a cannibal

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Best note from the editor yet. :')

Thanks for all the good times, and great work on this issue! I have complete confidence in the rest of the Smog team to continue making amazing issues.
Yup this!! Super touched by Toast for spending time in his already sleep deprived week to do such a suprise :') (ps I've never used this smiley before !_!) It's been really enjoyable working with The Smog. The people are just fun to work with. It's great seeing how The Smog has improved since I first joined on issue 18 in terms of like the process to the content etc. Like pluff, I'm certain that The Smog will just continue improving :) I'll miss you too pluff and everyone here ^_^ also this issue is a great read!! Psst do I keep the title of being the only one who does all of writing, gp, art, and HTML?? Haha! :p

/me uses Dig! ^_^

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Luffers and sandz can't leave us. This is a STAB CB OUTRAGE to the heart! :(

Good work on another awesome issue yet again Smog staff and crew!

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Although I didn't do much (only GP'd three articles lol), working for The Smog was still a blast and I can't wait to contribute more next time! And gl to jumpluff and sandshrewz on whatever they decide to do for the future; they will be missed :')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)