Issue #31 Released!

Which article was your favourite in this issue?

• Interview with NixHex

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Ask the Admins

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • The OU Council

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • RU Ready to Say Goodbye? Interviews with BW RU Veterans

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Forum Projects: Viability Rankings

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Trivia

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Doubles Spotlight: Kyurem-Black

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • NU Teambuilding 102: Cores

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • A Look at RU Viability Rankings: S Rank

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Why Choose Doubles For Gen 6?

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Thoughts on Suspect Test Round 11

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • ADV and DPP Underdogs that would be threats in GSC

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • CAPs in the CAP Metagame

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • XY Little Cup: The Dawn Of A New Era

• What's NU in XY

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • Revolutionary New Sets

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • The Art of Fakemons

• Judge a Pokémon: Mega Cool or Mega Drool

• Smogon Conspiracy Theories: PART DEUX

• Pokérap Battles: Dragons vs Fairies

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • A Taskmaster's Tools: Productivity and Pokémon

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Last and Least: The Most Forgotten Pokémon

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Showdown Lowdown: Public Rooms on PS!

• Nostalgia: The Most Memorable Music of Pokémon

• Pokémon with Wasted Potential of Gens I-V

Votes: 21 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

The Smog #31

Welcome to issue #31, our last one of the year! It’s been a really great year for the Smog -- in fact, it’s been the best year to date for the project. We have put together more issues (we’re up two issues year-over-year) as a result of the monthly release schedule introduced at the end of 2012, we have welcomed more contributors than ever before across all sections, and we have added new recurring series to our repertoire of already existing and popular ones. We've also appointed new Staff members, streamlined the Article Submission process, and even began to lay the infrastructure for future technical updates that we'll be rolling out... Continue Reading.

We actually released last night, technically speaking -- and some of you already know that. But for those who don't, we had to deal with some ugly technical problems that essentially brought this release to a full halt. Despite this, we managed to get back up on the horse and roll out. Hope you all enjoy this one, cheers!

– – –​

We, of course, welcome your constructive feedback. You can leave that below and be sure to cast your vote on the poll we've included in this thread. As always, if you would like to write or draw for the Smog, give us a pitch in the Article Approvals subforum.

~ Setsuna, Flora, Toast++, skylight, Bummer, Birkal, and sandshrewz

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Great issue guys! I know it took a while to get released and we had a few major difficulties, but we did it!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks to all our contributors for this issue! To those who haven't noticed, GatoDelFuego earned his Smogon Media Contributor badge by GPing tons of our lovely articles (did he even make a single article???). Congrats to him! piikachuu is a newcomer to The Smog's GP team and with bugmaniacbob returning, we're getting back on track.

There's a particular someone with a Z who has also returned. You'll be seeing him in the incoming issues!

Goddess Briyella and Edacosis, I hope you peeps stay around for some time! Those are some amazing quality articles both of you pumped out!

starwarsfan, young padawan, you will learn the way of the force.

Hope we can gather some more newcomers next time around!

(tech problems are the worst)

Last edited:

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
^Don't worry I know a few people I think I could convince to write for the smog. Also Fuzznip How about Rodents vs. Cats for the next rap battle?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Great job all you blokes, and particularly thanks to all you artists who decided to step in and help illustrate the articles on short notice.

Bummer's Absol entry said:
Maybe Absol is destined to look like this. Or maybe it's a dinosaur.
I don't recall writing that. I'm currently at work so I can't edit it, but to make things simple, just erase the last two sentences in my Absol entry.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't recall writing that. I'm currently at work so I can't edit it, but to make things simple, just erase the last two sentences in my Absol entry.
You said "change it to "maybe it's a dinosaur"", which was clearly meant to be an edit to your "maybe it's Maybelline" joke on your Tyranitar entry... but for some reason Flora changed the Absol entry instead. And I literally laughed out loud when I read it so I didn't bother to point it out (so please keep if possible, I'm a great fan of absurd humour).

Also a nice issue! Glad to be back, well done to all contributors etc.

EDIT: Look it's an esoteric sense of humour, it's a deeply unfortunate medical condition that should not be laughed at ok

Last edited:
While the number of articles seemed to be a lot less than that of the previous issues, really liked quite a few of the articles (great job starwarsfan with your articles n_n) and also the rap (such ERB !_!) fire vs water seems like a good idea for the next one imo. hope to see more good stuff!!!

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You said "change it to "maybe it's a dinosaur"", which was clearly meant to be an edit to your "maybe it's Maybelline" joke on your Tyranitar entry... but for some reason Flora changed the Absol entry instead. And I literally laughed out loud when I read it so I didn't bother to point it out (so please keep if possible, I'm a great fan of absurd humour).

Also a nice issue! Glad to be back, well done to all contributors etc.
The thought of this makes me laugh out loud totally should keep it imo Bummer.

Also great issue gj everyone :)

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The artwork this issue were pretty awesome !! :D

Also this is the first issue that we're using XY sprites iirc!! Props to the XY spriters :D Great work guys! ^_^

Great job, guys! Read through a bunch of the articles and was thoroughly impressed!

On a MUCH more pressing matter,

Sunny Day VS Rain Dance for the next Rap Battle :3

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
This has been such a fun issue to work on. We've got tons of new members stepping up and contributing, as well as older members leading the charge.

Biggest compliment this issue was when setsuna told me "I didn't have to fix much of your HTML." n_n

Great works you guys, I can't wait until issue 32!

This is the first issue that I fully read and I have to say good work guys for making such an amazing and fun issue!Keep it up! :)

This is a great issue, kudos to everybody involved. I've noticed though that you guys don't post new issues of The Smog on the front page anymore? What happened?

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a great issue, kudos to everybody involved. I've noticed though that you guys don't post new issues of The Smog on the front page anymore? What happened?
We tried to but apparently only chaos can do it so we're waiting for him or Doug iirc.

@ Mack, remind one of us to give you a link to the SCMS jump later on. I'll fix it up if nobody has by the time I'm home (even though auto merge is evil but whatevs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)