ORAS UU It's All On U

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's All On U
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Introduction
Hey guys, I'm Highways. Most of you don't know me, maybe because I'm kind of limited to UU, or because I quit for a while (I was really tired of being haxed all the time), and I'm going to showcase one of my favorite ORAS UU teams ever. Tricking used it on his UU Championships series against Bushtush, and he won with a fairly decent matchup.

Teambuilding
Since I built this team a while ago, I can't do a detailed teambuilding process, but I remember of a few things. Firstly, I remember Sacri' used Lum Krookodile set on his Grand Slam series against Rodriblutar, and I found it pretty good and gave it a try. Lum Krookodile has Taunt and Pursuit, so it can beat Bronzong balance, which got common as fuck, and surprise many Stealth Rock setters, such as Swampert and Gligar. Oh, and it beats many Pokemon that are meant to check it, like itemless Crobat and Forretress, while also wearing down Milotic and Suicune. Cresselia and Empoleon make a great defensive core, since they beat their own counters; Cresselia beats Fighting- and Ground-types for Empoleon, and Empoleon soft checks Hydreigon for Cresselia. Empoleon also sets Stealth Rock and Defogs, so the team has a reliable form of hazard control. Mega Sceptile is a vital part of the team, as it beats the always dangerous bulky waters, while also making a solid offensive core with Krookodile. Crobat counters Scarf Krookodile, Bulk Up Conkeldurr, and cleric Sylveon while also soft checking many Ground- and Fairy-types (cough Klefki cough). Milotic is the last Pokemon because the team was obviously weak to Gyarados and Sacred Fire Doggo.

Depht

Krookodile @

Intimidate | Jolly Nature
252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe
Knock Off | Earthquake | Pursuit | Taunt

Lum Berry Krookodile is really good, and I'm not kidding at all. When I was playing a friend, I remember he was like "why the fuck would you use Taunt Krookodile without SR lol", and oh well, Krookodile is splashable enough to use without Stealth Rock on a non-Choiced set. Lum Berry gives itself the chance to beat Milotic and Empoleon 1v1 (the former on the switch), and is also pretty good to eat up Toxic from Klefki and other Toxic spreaders. Taunt surprises Stealth Rock setters and Sylveon, while also being useful against some setup sweepers like Feraligatr and Gyarados if Milotic is gone. The Pursuit support this set provides the team is also pretty fucking good, as it traps weakened Mega Aerodactyl, Bronzong, Slowking, Metagross, and other Pokemon. Superpower allows it to hit Hydreigon, though, so if you feel like the team doesn't need the Pursuit support and Hydreigon is a pain (which it really is), you could opt for the Fighting-type move over Pursuit. The key on using this team is bluffing Choice Scarf, that while not popular at all, is a pretty decent set and people usually don't risk losing a Pokemon. Bluffing Choice Scarf allows Krookodile to threaten many offense teams more than it should, so bring it against Mega Beedrill, Mega Aerodactyl, and whatever you want if you feel like it's worth the risk.

Cresselia @

Levitate | Bold Nature
248 HP | 164 Def | 96 Spe
Calm Mind | Moonlight | Moonblast | Psyshock

Cresselia, aka the ultimate defensive wall, is really good in ORAS UU, and I don't even know why some people underrate it; if you give it a SINGLE setup opportunity, it will sweep you, unless you have a phazer. It's crucial to check Shadow Ball-less Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Cobalion, Crobat, Crunch-less Mega Aerodactyl, and many other threats. Calm Mind is fucking awesome on this Pokemon, especially to beat other CMers or some variants of Nasty Plot Celebi. The Speed EVs allow Cresselia to outspeed and OHKO Crawdaunt at +1, while the rest of the EVs are meant to maximize Cresselia's bulk. Keep in mind that you shouldn't setup with Cresselia if there's a bulky Steel-type or any Pokemon that can Toxic you, as it's going to be beaten and probably useless for the rest of the battle. Avoid setting up if the opponent has Krookodile as well, since a Choice Band Knock Off does a lot of damage. Colbur + Thunder Wave over Psyshock is an option to lure and kill Hydreigon, but I don't think it's worth over Leftovers + Psyshock on this team at all.

Empoleon @

Torrent | Sassy Nature
252 HP | 236 SpD | 20 Spe
Scald | Knock Off | Stealth Rock | Defog

Empoleon got really amazing during late ORAS; checking Sylveon, Klefki, Mega Aerodactyl, Empoleon, Diancie, Suicune, and Gyarados is awesome for a Defogger, especially with this solid typing. Empoleon is also a really important member of the team because it's the only defensive answer the team has to Hydreigon, which can still boom it with Superpower/Focus Blast. The role compression this set gives the team is impressive, since it really needs Defog and Stealth Rock (Defog Crobat doesn't work on this team trust me), and Knock Off is such a good tool to lure Celebi and other Pokemon that rely on their item to do anything. This EV spread allows Empoleon to outspeed standard Swampert, which might be very useful during late game.

Mega Sceptile @

Overgrow | Modest Nature
252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Giga Drain | Hidden Power [Fire] | Leaf Storm | Dragon Pulse

Mega Sceptile is probably my second favorite Mega to use in ORAS, as beating Water-types, hitting pretty much everything really hard, and being fast as fuck is almost perfect for a wallbreaker in UU. I opted for a Modest nature on this team because it's great against Sylveon, Conkeldurr, and Celebi. Not only that, but I don't need to outspeed Scarf Chandelure or Mega Beedrill on this team since I can wall both with Milotic and Crobat, respectively. Sceptile also pressures offense a lot and forces something to die everytime it comes in against hyper offense, and while it's easy to revenge kill with Hydreigon or Mienshao, it can rely on the support of its teammates to stay healthy against these. You can use Protect over Leaf Storm to ensure you're never losing to Gyarados if Milotic gets KOed, but Leaf Storm is usually better, especially because the team has Taunt Crobat as well.

Crobat @ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Infiltrator | Jolly Nature
248 Atk | 48 Def | 212 Spe
Acrobatics | U-turn | Roost | Taunt

Firstly, I'd like to say sorry to Tricking for giving him this Crobat with max Attack max Speed LOL, I swear it was a mistake. This Crobat set is legit one of the biggest nightmares for balance teams since they're forced to switch into a wall or Mega Aerodactyl, but Crobat just doesn't fucking cares, U-turns, and bop, you've got momentum! Seriously though, beating both Sylveon and Conkeldurr 1v1 is pretty damn useful for any kind of team, and being immune to Earthquake is just a bonus, enabling Crobat to check SEdge-less Krookodile very well. Crobat is also the best Mega Bee check in the whole tier, so this team isn't weak to voltturn at all (especially because I have bat + scept). Taunt gives Crobat the advantage against mono-attacking Cresselia, Milotic, Sylveon, Suicune, Conkeldurr, Forretress, and many other Pokemon. Crobat is a fantastic mon overall and it definitely deserves a spot on this team. The EV spread allows Crobat to avoid the 2HKO by both CB Conkeldurr and CB Krookodile.

Milotic @

252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpD
Marvel Scale | Bold Nature
Scald | Ice Beam | Haze | Recover

Milotic got popular with the Gyarados and Entei surge, and its standard set is annoying against most of the tier's physical attackers, especially because of Marvel Scale. This wonderful ability allows Milotic to be a pain in the ass if it switches into Toxic Spikes or Will-O-Wisp, being able to beat even the strongest wallbreakers such as CB Conk and Krook, or big threats such as Cobalion and Heracross at +2. Haze makes this Pokemon even more annoying, as setup sweepers will have some trouble trying to get past it, such as Gyarados, Cobalion, and Mega Aerodactyl. I think I don't need to say anything else about this Pokemon, maybe because this is the only set it can use.

Threatlist

Ground-type wallbreakers such as Mamoswine, Mega Swampert, and Krookodile are really hard to deal with. Mamoswine is kinda manageable since the team has Cresselia, but Mega Swampert has 5 turns to bring the chaos to the battlefield, and Krookodile is especially hard to switch into because you never know what it's clicking.

Special Dragon-types hit really hard, and Empoleon is my only switch-in to Draco Meteor. Hydreigon is even worse than Kyurem because its mixed set 6-0es this team if you don't play around it carefully. Try to force them out with Mega Sceptile as much as possible if they're not Scarfed, and if you're sure, then bring Krookodile and bluff Scarf Superpower.

Ehh, you can only beat this if you bring Cobrat into SD, U-turn into Milotic on the Iron Head and Haze it. Otherwise, you can try to lure it with Mega Sceptile if it's weakened enough.

If it's Mixed, good luck trying to switch into anything. If it's SD, then "x", after a SD boost literally nothing can beat this. Hidden Power Cresselia might be used to lure this and Escavalier, but it's suboptimal.

Conclusion
This team is pretty good overall and I just wanted to share it with y'all. ORAS UU was such a great tier and it's definitely my favorite tier so far. I will do coletive shoutouts because I need to play FIFA am already tired of writing this (this is why you're asking yourself "why's this so messy?"). I think the only person I should shout-out here is Tricking, for trusting in me and my teambuilding skills and using my teams in both Open and Championship, thanks bro :D. Special shoutouts to the UU guys, you know who you are, EQ (seus filhos da puta pinto pequeno do caralho), and the Stardust League Buffons. This is the import of the team. Make good profit of it (I guess)!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)