It's Christmas, and I have a Bag [Mods Please Close]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrafty: That Swag (just look at that sprite)
Swampert: Fin (pretty obvious, would really love this one, Swampert was my first Pokémon and I have been for a good one for ages)
Jellicent: Mr. Pringles (I just had to go there...)

Scrafty: Da Brat

The alias name of a female rapper from the '90s(I think it was the 90s). This particular Scrafty is female, so I figured I could name it after someone tomboy-ish at the very least....although Da Brat is in a whole different category IMO(she dresses like any other dude you would see on the street)

Jellicent: Bill Cosby

The "best" nickname for this guy is so oversaturated right now(and played out, tbh). Bill Cosby was on all the commercials for Jell-O gelatin back in the '90s(again, I think it was the '90s lol) that a lot of us ate as a kid. Man that was some good stuff :)

Bouffalant: Afro

He is the MAIN CHARACTER of Afro Samurai. 'Nuff said(Swords Dance on this guy makes it even more fitting)

Pinsir--ArmorShell
reason: it has a shell, and a shell is armor

Swampert--Finfiesta
reason: its a party animal with fins

Alakazam--Strongth
reason: so strongth it can bend spoons!

if i win anything, i would like to choose someone else to take my prizes.
or you can keep them with the nicknames i give.

Alakazam: Avadakedavra (Harry Potter)
Excadrill: Bulldoze / Bulldozer (It flattens other Pokémon in it's path)
Slowbro: Lazy Sis (It's lasy and it's female)

Alakazam - Brostache (I think we all know why....)
Swampert - Big Show (How 'bout a DOUBLE EDGE?)
Excadrill - MontyMole (From Super Mario Bros! :D )

(General) - Named after "General" Larry Platt of "Pants on the ground" fame. We all know that Scrafty's pants hang entirely too low. He's lookin' like a fool with his pants on the ground.

Jolly Scrafty w/ Moxie ♀ (5th Gen)
IVs: 28/31/31/22/31/31 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Crunch
Honestly? I was thinking of Sugoruko due to Scrafty's Japanese name but it somehow doesn't fit.
Semi-Redis

(Uri) - Named after Uri Geller, the psychic/stage performer. He was the man who popularized bending spoons as an act of "mental" strength.

Timd Alakazam w/ Magic Guard ♂ (5th Gen)
IVs: 29/22/31/31/31/31 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Psychic / Grass Knot / Encore / Focus Blast
Probably the only thing on here I have never actually used in a battle
Semi-Redis

(Williams) - Williams is the name of Jim Kelly's character in Enter The Dragon. Jim Kelly was the best known actor of martial arts inspired blaxploitation films of the 70s.

Adamant Bouffalant w/ Sap Sipper ♂ (5th Gen)
IVs: 31/31/31/18/31/28 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
Swords Dance / Head Charge / Earthquake / Megahorn
Semi-Redis

Edit: I also second the GurenLaggen reference for the drillmole.

Slobro-Laxus
reason- is latin word for lax which is a synonym for slack
swampert-Mike
reason-He reminds me of mike tyson. idk y though.

Jellicent: 'Nimbus' is a genus for all clouds which produce precipitation; Jellicient is cloud-like in appearance, and so this name feels to suit it and the set.

Swampert: 'Titan' as in something of greatness or large stature, it is the best name I could find that felt right with the set.

Slowbro: 'Aegis' is, in the Iliad, a name for a shield or buckler worn by Athena or Zeus - in this case, I'd say the shield of Athena because it is female (also: Aegis and Athena). Additionally, this set is intended to act as a tank to take attacks; similar in function to a shield.

I had fun thinking up names for these Pokemon.
Hope you have a happy holiday season =)

Jellicent: Burt, after Burt Reynolds, because any time i look at a male Jellicent all i can see is the mustache.
Pinsir: Nightmare. I personally hate bugs, and of all the pokemon I have always thought this was the scariest.
Alakazam: Kasparov, after the Chess playing genius.

i've been on a bit of a hiatus, but i used to be pretty active. then my thread got deleted. :(

anyway, i haven't read the thread, so hopefully these won't be repeats.

Jolly Scrafty w/ Moxie ♀ (5th Gen)
IVs: 28/31/31/22/31/31 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Crunch
Semi-Redis
NN: Cockamamie (because he looks ridiculous, and a bit like a rooster ("cock") and it's a fun word to say)

Adamant Excadrill w/ Sand Rush ♂ (5th Gen)
IVs: 31/31/29/10/31/31 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance / Earthquake / Rock Slide / X-Scissor
For a time, this was probably my best Black breed ever, if not one of my favorites. Rarely used this thing before it went Uber though, kind of blows now.
Semi-Redis
NN: Shrew'd (i like plays on words.)

Jolly Gyarados w/ Moxie ♂ (5th Gen)
IVs: 31/31/22/20/31/31 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Waterfall / Dragon Dance / Stone Edge / Earthquake
Actually not a Gyarados yet, will be EV trained soon.
Fully Redis
NN: Falkor (the luck dragon from The Never Ending Story. i'm working on a theme'd team and he would be the star)

Slowbro: NoBro - Due to it being female it can't be a 'bro'.
Alakazam: Spoons4Lyf - Bad spelling but that's the point, no real reason for it though.
Scrafty: RiotKid - Given that it has hoodie and there have been many riots around the world this year, I think it's a current events sort of nickname that works.

Swampert: Poseidon Greek god of the sea. Swampert is pretty beastly, so I think it works.

Slowbro: Ferris Reference to Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Because it "slacks off", get it? <crickets chirping>

Alakazam: Criss References Criss Angel. He's always doing these crazy illusions, and I thought Alakazam might do something similar.

Bouffalant: JimiHendrix
Awesome afro, and Sap Sipper fits nicely in with the weed and shrooms Jimi imbibed ;D

Scrafty: Eggstaff
After a hobo I met traveling cross-country via Greyhound bus. Told me how to avoid a fight, or gain a psychological advantage in one. We are still in touch. Anyway, I can't look at this pokemon without thinking of him, so yeah.

Krookodile: Phallugatr
Because of it's redickulous phallus of a snout. I think this is obscenity free, but please let me know if I am crossing the line so that I can fix it.

THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW OVER

Thank you to everyone who put in their nickname suggestions. There will be three Pokemon given away to a person, and I shall announce the winners later today.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Scrafty: Twitch, because he looks like hes on drugs :P
Gyarados: Leviathan, because..hes a beast
Jellicent: Pringles..because..his face looks like the guy on the pringles can :D

oh..missed it..sorry :(

The top three winners. Before I go onto them, I want to say one thing: all the nicknames in this thread are perfectly fine, and there is NOTHING wrong with them.
Also, all winners, please contact me when you can. My schedule is somewhat limited this week until Saturday, but I can still trade.

1. DaBrat (Jackie Chun)
2. That Swag (waffles101)

3. Twitch (Yoshi.)

1. TooBlob4U (Braseg257)
2. Nixie (Impact)
3. Bill Cosby (Jackie Chun)

1. Happy Feet (antarid)
2. Bruce (a016163)
3. Juggernaut (nachocheese999)

1. Idontbite (antarid)
2. ArmorShell (shineygengar)
3. Nightmare (Coach Gump)

1. Ahab (Morethanbored)
2. Frogger (Paksage)
3. Turg (Pink Floyod)

1. Aegis (Advancer)
2. NoBro (lol95)
3. Ferris (Galladiator)

Fully Redis
1. Falkor (Deschain)
2. SnapSnap (Lord Feraligatr)
3. Warbringer (Pakasage)

1. Shazam (MegaAwesomeazing)

2. Old Spice (czechm8)
3. Uri (deadguydrew)

1. Crikey (LafondaOnfire)
2. Phallugatr (HarelquinBoy)
3. Dealwithit (TsukasaSign)

1. U Mad Fro? (Axmaster68)
2. JimiHendrix (Harelquinboy)
3. Woolhorn (Bruno Magno)

1. MetaKnight (LafondaOnFire)
2. MontyMole (DarkfireX68)
3. Shrew'd (Deschain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)