ORAS UU Jeopardy (Offense) - curent peak #7

listen:

proof of rank: http://gyazo.com/aa1d54b8e5bd67928daefe8cdb3587d2 i'm 33-3, with 2 of the losses and around 10 of the wins with a m-diancie team i was using before. the game i lost i choked pretty hard.

hi smogon friends,

i don't really have time to make this look nice, but all you really need to know is that i made this team in 10 minutes this morning, laddered, and got to #8 which is pretty cool i guess !!!! I was patrolling the uu subforum looking for some inspiration as i was looking to get back into mons having not played much recently, and user st123 had posted a sub encore lopunny set that caught my eye. I decided to pair it with a dd zygarde and lure rachi in the hope that rachi and lopunny would help zygarde sweep. Anyway, here's the team:

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Encore

so this is the set i built around. Evs are self-explanatory. sub + encore is great for a shit ton of stuff that would otherwise stop lopunny, and helps me out with set-up plus recovery mons like crocune and coil zygarde. For instance, i sub as donphan goes for sr, encore the next turn and make something else on the team take a heavy hit. there are loads of other instances where sub encore has its merits, but the main idea of the set is that you sacrifice fake out and a coverage move / drain punch (which i find to be pretty redundant in uu; no real need for ice punch) for the utility of luring and weakening opposing defensive mons.

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Zygarde narrowly survived the BL vote, and with togekiss gone it has more fun than ever. With stuff like swampert gone or weakened it sets up amazingly easily and sweeps. On my team it helps with stuff like darmanitan and rachi which can both be pretty threatening. Evs are again self explanatory, espeed over stone edge because no togekiss and lum over life orb because the recoil sucks and i haven't found myself wanting the extra power. Dodging will-os and breaking out of outrage confusion is also really nice.

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 200 Atk / 172 SpA / 136 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Energy Ball

Jirachi may look cute but he/she (?) will fuck your bitch. i took the set evs off the smogon analysis and put 8 more evs into speed after i got outsped by a nidoking and flipped my table. On my team it's really easy to bluff the scarf as *spoilers* shaymin is my actual scarfer, which people never expect. Iron head and u turn help me bluff the scarf while doing usual jirachi stuff like killing florges and gaining momentum for my team. fire punch hits forretress and luke among other stuff, while energy balls smacks swampert, donphan, blastoise, rhyperior etc, all of which are obstacles to zygarde and lopunny

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

i decided i wanted a spinner since sticky web teams and hazard stacking playstyles messed me up, and starmie fit the bill perfectly. it has great type synergy with the rest of the team and helps me take on a whole range of stuff that i can't be bothered listing. Hydro pump, ice beam and psyshock give me what i think is the best coverage for the tier and with respect to the rest of my team, and rapid spin is to SPIN. I went with analytic as shaymin could already act as a status absorber, plus without recover i usually don't care to much if starmie gets statused.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

I went with infernape next as chimpact is my one true inspiration in life i needed a rocker that wouldn't slow my team down, and the fire stab was really appealing. I can't really articulate why but i've found this set really good in this meta. I've got up rocks pretty much every game i've played and kept them up (either by saving ape and setting them back up or the opponent never spinning) in a surprising majority of my games. Fire/fighting stab is really invaluable to my team in certain matchups as well, and u-turning is obviously good for momentum, and for expected switches to starmie or tentacruel in order to spin my rocks away.

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain

Here it is, the innovation itself. Scarf shaymin helps me by luring stuff like Noivern and revenging weakened +1 dd zygarde. I kind of threw it on as a random idea just for the banter, but it seems to patch up a lot of holes in my team. I have giga drain for when i don't want to miss seed flare, and earth power over psychic or air slash to hit certain steels. I wanted a mon that could threaten the same stuff jirachi can with energy ball, as bringing out rachi on a swampert gets people suspicious- having shaymin allows me to threaten out swampert etc, only for them to bring it back in on rachi and die to energy ball.

Cheers for reading my rmt, any rates are appreciated. i haven't come across anything that absolutely demolishes me as of yet, probably because i haven't played a huge number of games yet, so please do point out any threats. I've found this team really fun to use, so here's an export : ))

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Encore

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 200 Atk / 172 SpA / 136 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Energy Ball

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Infernape @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain

Last edited:
Hey man, I really like this team. Lure Jirachi with Shaymin as your scarfer seems like a really fun way to surprise opponents to win the game. Sub Encore Lopunny is a monster, enjoy using it while that still lasts in the tier :] overall it looks like a great team, there's just a couple suggestions I've got.

First of all I think you should run enough speed on your Jirachi to outspeed Life Orb Hydreigon. The spread I think you should run is 172 Atk / 96 SpA / 240 Spe. It may seem like this takes a lot away from your special attack, but:
96 SpA Expert Belt Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 379-446 (94.5 - 111.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
96 SpA Expert Belt Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 223-264 (53 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
96 SpA Expert Belt Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Donphan: 259-307 (67.4 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
96 SpA Expert Belt Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blastoise: 151-180 (42.1 - 50.2%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
As you can see, you can still 2HKO or OHKO all of these Pokemon, making it a lot easier for DD Zygarde to sweep and Lopunny to break through. However, now you can outspeed more stuff like Roserade, Krookodile, Hydreigon, and other Zygarde which is really beneficial. You don't really lose any power by doing this since you can still at least 2HKO all that you need to, but the extra Speed will definitely come in handy.

Another thing I want to suggest is to change Shaymin's set to Seed Flare / Psychic | Dazzling Gleam / Earth Power / Healing Wish. This set maximizes your coverage while providing AMAZING utility to other members of your team. Psychic should be used if you want to nail Crobat, but be careful because you need a good amount of prior damage to be able to OHKO it. Dazzling Gleam would destroy Hydreigon which can be extremely helpful towards a Zygarde sweep. Finally, your team will really appreciate Healing Wish support. It can bring your Zygarde or Lopunny back into the game for a second chance at destroying the other team. Again, your Scarf Shaymin set is meant to support its teammates with surprise KOs on their checks and Healing Wish, and that's what this set does a lot better.

Yeah that's really all I have for this team, just Jirachi's EVs and Shaymin's moves. Hopefully these suggestions were helpful to you. Best of luck using this team in the future [:

Hey man, I really like this team. Lure Jirachi with Shaymin as your scarfer seems like a really fun way to surprise opponents to win the game. Sub Encore Lopunny is a monster, enjoy using it while that still lasts in the tier :] overall it looks like a great team, there's just a couple suggestions I've got.

First of all I think you should run enough speed on your Jirachi to outspeed Life Orb Hydreigon. The spread I think you should run is 172 Atk / 96 SpA / 240 Spe. It may seem like this takes a lot away from your special attack, but:
96 SpA Expert Belt Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 379-446 (94.5 - 111.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
96 SpA Expert Belt Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 223-264 (53 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
96 SpA Expert Belt Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Donphan: 259-307 (67.4 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
96 SpA Expert Belt Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blastoise: 151-180 (42.1 - 50.2%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
As you can see, you can still 2HKO or OHKO all of these Pokemon, making it a lot easier for DD Zygarde to sweep and Lopunny to break through. However, now you can outspeed more stuff like Roserade, Krookodile, Hydreigon, and other Zygarde which is really beneficial. You don't really lose any power by doing this since you can still at least 2HKO all that you need to, but the extra Speed will definitely come in handy.

Another thing I want to suggest is to change Shaymin's set to Seed Flare / Psychic | Dazzling Gleam / Earth Power / Healing Wish. This set maximizes your coverage while providing AMAZING utility to other members of your team. Psychic should be used if you want to nail Crobat, but be careful because you need a good amount of prior damage to be able to OHKO it. Dazzling Gleam would destroy Hydreigon which can be extremely helpful towards a Zygarde sweep. Finally, your team will really appreciate Healing Wish support. It can bring your Zygarde or Lopunny back into the game for a second chance at destroying the other team. Again, your Scarf Shaymin set is meant to support its teammates with surprise KOs on their checks and Healing Wish, and that's what this set does a lot better.

Yeah that's really all I have for this team, just Jirachi's EVs and Shaymin's moves. Hopefully these suggestions were helpful to you. Best of luck using this team in the future [:
Tbh i completely forgot that shaymin gets healing wish, so thanks for that. Definitely would have helped me against feng had i not MISSED THE HJK (rip). As for the other changes i'll definitely test them all. Thanks for the rate.

This team looks bery pwrfl lot of awesome pokemon but i'd suggest following set
Infernape @ focus sash
Trait: Iron Fist
Ev's: 128 Attack/ 128 SpezA / 252 Speed
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
Close Combad ohko's still what it usually does and an uninvested fire blast is meh 128 evs allows you to gain power and as it allows you to 2hko Nidoqueen.

Hey Archifex! I was just wondering with the Zygarde set if you need all the speed EV's? I was wondering if you could instead put 72 EV's into Defense (Or HP) just to give you a bit more bulk as you don't really need all the Speed EV's. With 180 Speed EV's you reach the speed stat of 271 which, after 1 Dragon Dance, lets you outspeed Mega Lopunny which is pretty much the fastest unboosted Pokemon in the tier. Anything with a scarf in the tier which are usually higher than base 95's outspeed you after a Dragon Dance with fully invested Speed so you don't need all the EV's. Just a thought, doesn't really do much but could prove useful for taking hits :)
Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious, haven't been playing UU for too long.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I would like to make a suggestion for Infernape

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Endeavor
- Taunt
/U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Endeavor is a really cool move on Infernape, and it catches so much shit off guard it's not even funny. When Infernape is brought down to very low hp (which happens p. damn frequently), it not only brings down, but it can also take advantage of its ability Blaze by dealing an extra 50% with Fire Blast, hence swapping the Attack investment for Special Attack investment. Taunt is another option in order to prevent some Defogs/healing moves/other shit and draw Scalds from bulky waters and shit, but U-turn is OK as well if you really want the utility here.

Overall, your team is really nice and I hope you have continued success with it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)