Psyshock
Energy ball
Focus blast
Shadow ball
Nasty plot
Calm mind
Signal beam
Lovely kiss

Jynx has recently been removed from BL back into NU and many people are happy, including your's truly. Jynx sports a ridiculously high special attack and with that speed which, for NU, is also incredibly high led to it being banned earlier on in NU. It has a very high movepool, allowing it to use specs or scarf easily, but it also has access to nasty plot and calm mind if you would prefer some boosts (but with that special attack I don't see why you would!). The down-sides to Jynx are its low HP stat and extremely low defense stat, leaving it weak to almost every physical attack, meaning that priority could be deadly for it, as well as U-turns off of the new to NU scarfed primeape. If you use jynx you definitely want something to help with that weakness. Besides that though, Jynx seems like a massive threat in NU, and have fun using her! :D

I think Jynx will become a threat in the meta, but it will be mostly overshadowed by other Pokemon, like Scholipede and Primeape (Primeape will probably be mostly scarfed, and with Punishment)

Don't get me wrong, Jynx's sleeping ability will be useful, but even then, if Primeape runs Vital Spirit (though Defiant will likely be more useful), it beats Jynx. And Jynx's offensive abilities are still great, even without Hail.

I never got to play 5th Gen NU Jynx yet but through using her in other tiers, I know she is great. I would go as far to say that she is definitely the most threatening psychic in NU now although perhaps not the best.

Of course, scolipede and primeape are both extremely threatening to Jynx and visa versa. I am not sure how Munchlax fares against Jynx though.

Better get your sleep fodders ready!

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think Jynx will become a threat in the meta, but it will be mostly overshadowed by other Pokemon, like Scholipede and Primeape (Primeape will probably be mostly scarfed, and with Punishment)

Don't get me wrong, Jynx's sleeping ability will be useful, but even then, if Primeape runs Vital Spirit (though Defiant will likely be more useful), it beats Jynx. And Jynx's offensive abilities are still great, even without Hail.
Not necessarily overshadowed. Jynx can be a great revenge killer with Scarf and if it gets the lucky speed tie on Primeape, it can switch in after something dies, can kill Scolipede w/o Sash (and switching in after something dies to Scolipede is awesome because it's a mind game of "are you really scarf or are you tricking me into switching?" and even so you get good damage on opposing mons even if it does switch other than Skunk but Skunk is w/e since you can just predict and just Ice Beam it), outspeed Sawk, etc. While most people will be using NP or something like that, Scarf will also be a strong force in the metagame (especially for those not expecting it), especially with Jynx' STABs which both are useful in NU.

Not necessarily overshadowed. Jynx can be a great revenge killer with Scarf and if it gets the lucky speed tie on Primeape, it can switch in after something dies, can kill Scolipede w/o Sash (and switching in after something dies to Scolipede is awesome because it's a mind game of "are you really scarf or are you tricking me into switching?" and even so you get good damage on opposing mons even if it does switch other than Skunk but Skunk is w/e since you can just predict and just Ice Beam it), outspeed Sawk, etc. While most people will be using NP or something like that, Scarf will also be a strong force in the metagame (especially for those not expecting it), especially with Jynx' STABs which both are useful in NU.
The post I made was theorymoning, as PS was down. I now had ample time to play in NU, and I take back what I said. Jynx is now truly a dominiant force. Its true all of Jynx's sets (bar the Choice Scarf one) are checked by Primeape, but there is very little that wants to switch in on her. I have constantly been having trouble with Jynx, much more than Scolipede actually. Its not broken, simply powerful.

I believe all these recent drops will help me improve a HO team I've been working on, specially Jynx.

115 & 95? Awesome!

Macarena (Jynx) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast

One of the most strong set of Jynx and probably my favourite, with this set Jynx threat any team, with a great coverage that other sets dont have. LK disable a mon of the opponent team if not has a status absorber. However, this is very risky switching on Regice Resttalker(2hko w/ SR) or Vital Spirit Primeame. Ice Beam + Psyshock have near of a perfect coverage. Finally, Focus Blast for Probopass, Bastiodon and Miltank Thick Fat.

I cant wait to try out Specs Jynx on my choice team how does a set like this sound

Jynx@Choice Specs
Trait:Dray Skin?
Nature:Timid
Ev:252SpA/252Spe
-Physcic
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam
-Physhock

Ice beam and physcic are its best stab moves and is only resisted by steels, which focus blast demolishes. Physhock is listed as it makes dealing with Specially defensive walls easier.

I cant wait to try out Specs Jynx on my choice team how does a set like this sound

Jynx @ Choice Specs
Trait: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
EVs : 4 Def / 252SpA / 252 Spd
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam
-Psyshock

Ice beam and physcic are its best stab moves and is only resisted by steels, which focus blast demolishes. Physhock is listed as it makes dealing with Specially defensive walls easier.
Maybe try putting Lovely Kiss / Trick > Psyshock?

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Jynx@Choice Specs
Trait:Dray Skin?
Nature:Timid
Ev:252SpA/252Spe
-Physcic
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam
-Physhock

To extend upon what the user before me said, it's better to choose between Psychic and Psyshock, because for the most part with Choice Specs you can do just about the same damage (or better, as seen below with Focus Blast, while Psyshock can't always 2HKO).

252 SpA Choice Specs Jynx Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Regice: 194-230 (53.44 - 63.36%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Jynx Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Articuno: 177-208 (55.14 - 64.79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(Psyshock is better against Mantine, however in both cases you still 2HKO without SR so the difference isn't overly noticeable if SR isn't up on the field).

Psyshock also works better against Munchlax, but you lose out on the physical walls which are going to become much more common with Scolipede and Primeape running around. For example Psyshock can't even OHKO Weezing, while Psychic can. So really coverage over both types of walls isn't necessary because Jynx can find ways around most of them for the most part.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Trick is legal now with Dry Skin because of the new move tutors.

Jynx also gets cool stuff like Heal Bell, Wish, Taunt, and Magic Coat so maybe a lead set could be possible? She also has a bunch of other support moves like Perish Song and Dual screens; it's a shame her defenses are utter crap. =/

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Psychic is better vs:

Weezing
Alomomola

Psyshock is better vs:

Jynx (2hkos, focus blast is unreliable)
Mantine
Munchlax
Lickilicky
Regice

I've been seeing more and more Weezing / Alomomola though, and the way my current team works I need Weezing out of the way early. However, the choice is definitely team dependent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)