ORAS LC KANTO SPECIAL DIGLETT TEAM: LC TIER

Toonchu EU Switzerland

Banned deucer.
Well, after seeing how poor my first RMT was, I decided to make my second version.
And here it is:

DIGLETT: THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR LC TEAM

The team:

Diglett
•Abra
•Porygon
•Magnemite
•Vulpix
•Staryu
THE GOOD STUFF

Diglett (True Warrior) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 Atk / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam

> The ultimate warrior of this team is the infamous diglett. With very good viability in the LC Tier, he was a good choice. He's a Speedy Special Sweeper, and the Stealth Stone setter. Capable of being a VERY good choice, because of his ability: Arena Trap. A very good ability which makes only airborne opponents switch out. So if the opponent's mon is in a pinch and they aren't flying type, they can't switch out, and their really good Pichu won't stand a chance. For the moveset, Earthquake is an obvious choice, a special move, gains STAB with Diglett, and is an overall strong move for sweeping things. Protect is to help the longetivity of Diglett, or status stall the opponent as they can't switch out, and I personally loved status stalling with this guy. Stealh Rock is obvious, to hurt opponents if they switch out, but they most likely won't with Diglett around. Body Slam is for Paralyzing the opponent, as it is a physical moved, it doesn't work well with Diglett at all, and I really only use it for Paralysis.

Abra (Chill Boi) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Knock Off
- Energy Ball
- Reflect

>Abra's viability is very good, and it's pretty obvious why. His special stat and ability are good, and his good moveset makes him even better. This guy, Chill Boi, is yet again a Speedy Special Sweeper. His ability, Magic Guard, is very fun to use with reflect, as it halves direct (physical) moves. And Magic Guard makes it so ONLY direct (physical) attacks can affect Chill Boi. Anyway, with his moveset, Psychic is his strong STAB special move, a very good sweeping move. Knock Off is for knocking off those pesky Berry Juice users, but is a physical move, making it very weak with Abra, but is an unexpected move. Energy Ball is his secondary sweeping move, with 90 Base Power, this thing is strong on its own, but Chill Boi's Special makes it even stronger. His final move is Reflect, as I said earlier, is used to mess with people as his ability makes so he is only affected by direct (physical) attacks, and reflect halves direct (physical) attacks.

Porygon (Geeky Boi) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

>Porygon has just as high viability as Diglett: Really high. So with that said and out of the way, Porygon is the Bulky Special Sweeper, with really good special moves, like Psychic, Psyshock, and even Recover to help bulk him up. His ability, Analytic, is really powerful, if you use it right, however. In order to use it effectively, HE MUST HAVE 0 SPEED IVs!!! I cannot emphasize more! He becomes a beast when you do this, and Psychic turns into the best sweep move ever, and Thunderbolt too. Speaking of Psychic and Thunderbolt, his moveset has Psychic, his main sweeping move, only boosted by his Special stat, but still very effective. Recover makes this pokemon even bulkier, but can be less effective since he is soooo slow. Thunderbolt is very strong with its good base power, but also may parlyze the opponent, making you the first one to move; which may be good or bad. Psyshock is very fun to use. It instead targets on physical damage, but not special damage. Basicall it turns that good Special into good Physical for that attack, which could be even more effective than Psychic. You may be thinking: Why not life orb instead of Berry Juice? Well that's up to you, You can go Berry Juice for longevity, Life Orb for ultra-sweeping.

Magnemite (Shock Boi) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave

>Magnemite, Shock Boi, is basically just as powerful as Diglett, but can status people out and can destroy lots of things. His role is the Revenge Killer, paralyzing opponents, destroying them with very strong special STAB moves, and just ending them and switching them out. Life Orb because Berry Juice would be pointless, he wouldn't be out for very long, and his HP is moderate anyway. For his moveset, Volt Switch is his standard epic special strong STAB move, and switches him out, which could be useful. Flash Cannon is his secondary sweeping move, just like Volt Switch, except has higher Base Power, and has a 10% chance of lowering their Sp. def, which is really, really nice. His third move, Discharge, is his tertiary sweeping move, having 30% chance of paralysis, and of course is just like the other sweeping moves, special STAB move that can sweep well. Thunder Wave is for paralysis, if Discharge fails, and Discharge usually never fails when I use it for paralysis.

Vulpix (Burn Boi) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 72 Atk / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Energy Ball
- Flame Charge
- Heat Wave

>Vulpix's, Burn Boi's, ability is the most epic ability on this team. Drought makes it so fire moves have more effect, which is what he really needs to become an extreme sweeper. He is yet again a Speedy Special Sweeper, with a hasty nature to help him be sanic fast. For his moveset, he has Will-O-Wisp for burn damage, which I must say, Is so damn useful you can't even believe it. Will-O-Wisp is a necessity for keeping bulky Mon and speedy Mon in check, and very, very rarely will they dedicate a burn healing berry to a pokemon over Berry Juice. The next move is energy ball, to keep water Mon in check, and it has really good damage, and usually can KO the opponent's pokemon before they can do a thing. Flame Charge is hilariously amazing with Vulpix. Not only does it have STAB, yes I know it is physical, but it is actually really useful with its speed boost, I mean really. If you use it 2 times or so, nothing can out speed you. It will turn it into a complete beast, and not many things will be able to fight it. Heat Wave is Vulpix's regular special STAB high damage move, but it does have a downside, as it has a stat lower, which lowers really useful stats. I would say you can have Heat Wave or Flamethrower, as Flamethrower has good damage, is special and is fire type.

Staryu (Wet Boi) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

>Staryu is very useful, and I call it Burn Boi's counterpart. This guy is yet another Bulky Special Sweeper, with a jolly nature to support his bulkiness. His ability makes him even more useful, when I switch him out for another pokemon, like Vulpix, it automatically makes his status disappear, which is really useful. Eviolite helps its bulkiness even more, increasing it's Defense and Special Defense stats. For it's moveset, Scald is the usual STAB, special sweeping move, but it also has a chance to burn the opponent Mon. It's very useful if it does burn, because it just makes knocking out that pokemon just that easier. Ice Beam is the secondary sweeping move on Wet Boi, and also has a status move, but only freezes the opponent's pokemon, which isn't as good as Scald. Recover is obviously for tankiness, healing by 1/2 of Wet Boi's max health, and can be really hard for the opponent to keep in check with. Rapid Spin is for getting out of being Constricted or Bined or Leech Seyoud, and that might seem like a dumb reason for having a move, but you never know. A constant Rock Tomb spammer was surprised to see I could just Rapid Spin out and switch to Porygon, and nail him to the ground like a boss. But that's just me.
THE END
That is the end of my 2nd RTM! If you see any problems with the team, let me know, and I'll update my team. Hope you enjoyed it!

I am really bad at explaining EVs, probably because I don't know how they work on Little Cup pokemon, since that have a lower level and might need more EVs or something. If you have any useful advice, please let me know.
Also, I know it's all Special Sweepers, no Physical Sweepers, but, that's the point of the team! If you want to know viability of the above pokemon, check this link.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-viability-rankings.3496013

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is a nice team you have here; however generally it is both Pawniard and Omanyte weak; I have suggestions to fix this however.

Calm Mind Mienfoo Over Vulpix
CM Mienfoo both counters Pawniard and is an absolute staple partner for Porygon. Porygon just cannot wall enough on the special side and is utterly reliant on CM Mienfoo to provide support. Baton Pass CM Mienfoo is the best variant, and Porygon needs the boosts. What is good about boosted Porygon is that he can attack with both Psychic and Thunderbolt, so he's pretty much a automated killing machine-duck now. Generally, CM Foo also wants to run the esteemed moves Focus Blast and Reflect, because it's amazing to have doubled Defense for boosting your Special Defense. Focus Blast also has the niche of allowing Mienfoo to OHKO Pawniard without a boost.
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Reflect
- Baton Pass

Earth Power and Sludge Bomb on Diglett
Noticing your EV spread, Diglett would enjoy Earth Power over Earthquake, and Sludge Bomb over Protect. This allows for Diglett to poison the many viable Fairy types in LC, notably Flabebe, and overthrow many typical systems of government and counters in the same fashion. Earth Power is used due to hitting just as hard as Earthquake, but gives you a chance to outplay the opponent with Special Defense drops.
Diglett @ Berry Juice
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 Atk / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam

Berry Juice Magnemite over All Out Attacker
Everyone knows that you gotta keep your batteries full of juice, and Magnemite is basically a battery. Berry Juice is wanted by Magnemite as this plus Endure gives Magnemite more chances to recharge like a battery, while Recycle allows you to never run out of energy. Going green is vogue, just as is beating Omanyte. Your rechargeable Magnemite also wants to be fast, thus a spread of 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe is more beneficial.
Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle
- Endure

Hidden Power [Ground] over Psyshock on Porygon
As a fourth move, Porygon would appreciate Hidden Power [Ground] over Psychic due to Hidden Power Ground hitting relevant walls to Porygon, such as Pawniard and Honedge, allowing for Porygon to better abuse CM Mienfoo as a teammate. Hidden Power [Ground] requires a minor EV spread tweak to 156 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 80 SpD; now your cyber duck shall slaughter all of Little Cup and pillage their teams and kidnap their women and water their houseplants.

Porygon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 80 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 2 Spe
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)