ORAS NU Kawaii Room :3

Hi, there is my frist post on smogon frist of all i want to clarify something: i gonna try to do my best at english writing i am not used to it ,please if i make mistake (for sure i do a lot) just ignore or tell me with respect and i fix them ,i've been a long time here in this forum but i never make an account, 6th gen is ending and i want to post something to begin the 7h with an account here, so i decide to make a RMT of a team i make a couple of weeks a go, not the best overall cause i am not a great player i never play other tiers than OU, but with a friend i decided to try to do something on NU because this is (in our opinion) the less stally tier so also the most fun.

I like to play trickrooms even if not the most powerfull playstyle in singles metagames, can be used effectively, so lets start from here:

Teambuilding process
In my low experiencie at the start of the team, i want to emulate the things i do on OU so i search for a pretty bulky pokemon with regenerator and trickroom to have something to take hard hits , put TR and heal without lose turns, i do this with slowbro, but in NU the only options are Audino and Evoilite slowpoke, because this is gonna be a trick room team and psiq&ghost types usually tend to repeat i chose Audino for his typing

Then i was focus the team to be a very agressive trickroom style, not just a semiTR team so i look for some suicide trickroom lead setter,anything with rocks+trickroom+momentum giver move would work so i decide to use level 1 smeagrle just for fun, later i will put something better that helps the team in his flaws, but for now i wasnt even played the team so i let the troll smeagrle set inside for the moment.

Now its time to make sure the trickroom turns dont get wasted, i need almost 1 wallbreaker to get down the hard defensive cores, didnt try too much because this little girl works perfectly, can 2ko almost everything and is pretty slow, even more than the 50-60 base that i often see in NU, and the best part dosent even need to be locked in a move to maximize his power and his threat doesnt end until TR ends unlike some choiced users that can waste trickroom if they lock in the wrong move.

In this tier, ther is a super big wall , mega audino, i want to have a steel or poison STAB trickroom user to take him down easily, in other form a CM set can be the GG for me, i found that Mawile is perfect for that, sheer force+life orb gives tho this steel cutie a great power and physical fairy power is very valuable in this tier, his typing is perfect for the team,maybe its not that powerfull like the Marowak,but has others things to provide to the team and their hits are strong.

It was time to other trick room setter because smeagrle never puts TR more than one time so doesnt count like a support, more like a suicide lead.
I like to use Cresselia for the strong combo super bulky pokemon+trickroom+Lunar dance in this tier we have Musharna, can do exactly the same job with healing wish, maybe a little less bulk, but also great.

For the last member i want a "spamer" some pokemon that under trickroom can spam one move with out worrying too much about the enemy switchs, it will not take down defensive cores, but can dig massive holes in normal teams and can take advantage of every twisted dimension turn, seeing the tier, an ice type was the perfect for this, i was thinking about 2 strong & slow ice types, specs Auroros & LO Abomasnow, i finally prefeer abomasnow(and change LO to Specs), the grass subtype was mucho more usefull to the team than the rock and ice shard can be so usefull, sadly its a bad combo hail + musharna moonligth but sometine i have problems to put rocks, so the hail benefits much more than bother me with the residual damange.

Before a certain time testing and playing, i found some thrats than i have nothing for and i have very hard time agains spikes teams so i decided to finally change my smeagrle to something really usefull and i put a scarfer with defog, i dont need a nice defoger, but i dont want to play with 0 hazzard control, the best scarfer i found to control this threats was Drfiblim thanks to his movepool

Finally, this team never has a real name, so i decide to nickname "kawaii room just because is full of cute pokes... well Abomasnow its the special boy of the group lol.

The Team

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Focus Punch

Like i said, i need a steel or poison physical ofensive pokemon and if it can run a effective substitute set much better, this is why i chose mawile,this is the set was i love to use in OU with mega Mawile before the banhammer kills her :C And it works just perfect in NU, substitute its a great tool when it comes to abuse the trickroom because the enemy usually tries to change pokemon trying to predict your moves and resist them or just select the best death fooders to stall turns and preserve important pokemon, with this tool you can punish those switchs so hard forcing him to take a hard hit on something(steel,fairy&fight nice coverage) and you dont lose a turn killing the sacrifice if he choose to do that, you can kill it and preserve the turn behind the substitue.

Besides of that, fairy/steel it fits perfectly on the team, provide me some mega audino killer.

It would be nice have room to sucker punch, but nope :C

Audino @ Chople Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Encore
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Magic Coat

Normally i reject the idea of using non-atack pokemon, but in this case, having trickroom and encore and such a retarded offensive capacity, it works better like this.

My main wall, and regenerator+trickroom makes she so good at supporting the team with out go down with residual damange taked along the battle, magic coat allow to give some surprise to sleep inducers o leads with taunt,rocks or others things, its not strange to put rocks with audino to this team lol

Encore its hardly needed to prevent set ups against her.

Marowak@ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Bonemerang
- Stealth Rock

The wallbreaker of the team, can deal with almost everything on the tier, i was forced to put stealh rocks on him becase i change smeagrle, bonemerang for somo sash or tricky pokes, even subs, i already have mawile or abomasnow for secure damange 100% acc on trick room, Marowak is the power of the team, the fact he can do this role with 3 moveslots preserving rocks and provide one voltswitch inmunity makes him mandatory for the team.

I was thinking to put swords dance or firepunch for tangela instead of kock off, but the evoilite lost and the secured damange of knock off it works better for me, and even with out firepunch, get rid of the evoilite on tangela makes him much easier to deal.

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Its just the classic cresselia singles trickroom supporter in other bulky psy that can perform this role, fully special defensive to work well with Audino making a non perfect but solid defensive core with this two fatty things, normally when the enemy spam scalds i chose this to take them thanks to synchorinize and super special bulk, i still not decided about give her leftovers, anti-dark or anti-bug berry.

At the beggining Mush has Psyquic , but te popularity of Hariyama AV and the special defense of the one of the mos used scald spam in the tier Lanturn makes much better the Psyshock.

Abomasnow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This shit blizzards hurts a lot even when are resisted(and +12% per 2turns to react of hail or 6,25% if they just wanna switch doing nothing more than rake damange) In NU an Ice spamer can sweep teams because the few ice resistes available and this ice resist are grass or ground weak almost always.

the grass typing is cool too to predict leech seed or poweder moves, at the beggining it was LO the item, but to do his job Specs finally works better and a rock weak mon in a bad hazzard control team doesnt like the LO recoil after all...

HP Fire is for some concrete enemies like ferroseed,bronzor etc.

Drifblim @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Defog
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

The happy ballon is more a support than a revenge killer like the scarfers should be in a trickroom team, Modest usually is better, but i need timid to outspeed Rhydon+2 and other not so fast scarfers.

I chose him because is unique fitting this role, trick and destiny bond for some annoyer pokes saved a lot of battles,providing hazzard control and shadow ball as a monoatack its ok.

I usually play with out clean enemy rocks, just put my own stones on the field and dont worry to much, but against team with spikes i need to atack hard the spiker and after that clean the field, otherwise i gonna have a very hard game, specially efective when face the classic garbodor suicide spiker.

And so much people forgot about aftermath, can have really nice use sometimes.

finally i face a few sticky web teams, its funny the only fast poke that relays on speed is flying type.

Replays

(The replays are little bit old, most of then still are the smeagrle version, but show how the team works fine)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-419149343
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-419097684
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-418417287
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-418411330
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-418403300
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-418289542
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-418280105
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-418227679
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-432754928

Worst threats

Torkal: 20 speed base... cockblocks 2 of my 3 main ofensive TR pokes and cand spread bursn without worrying about synchro... maybe he alone its not gonna kill me, but can stop any offensive shit i try, one of the most annoying pokes to deal with that team.

Magmortar: nice fire resists bro(?) i can put trick room against him if i have high HP on the setters and the drifblim can deal with him , but is a very hard mon for the team

Vivillon: Exactly the same problem as magmortar, but i have to let something sleep, mawile can take him if it has high HP and abomasnow if is at 50-60% aprox,my trickromers need to be so high on HP too to take a +1 hit, the biggest ofensive thread to the team.

Mespirit(Choice specs) This thing is easily walled by Musharna but if the enemy manages to u-turn ength on him and musharna get low its gonna be a HARD time,like vivillion mawile can do something about and i need audino hig on HP.

Malamar: thanks to the berrys the cant trickroom in front on him even with boosts, mawile destroy the octopus if its not too much boosted and abomasnow the same if is full ofensive, drifblim can protect me form the sweep and end the problem, but my team has a lot of mons that can provide free buff to this thing , this is why its a problem.

Importable

Abomasnow @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Audino @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Encore
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Magic Coat

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Marowak @ Thick Club
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Bonemerang
- Stealth Rock

Drifblim @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Defog
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

Mawile @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Focus Punch

Thanks for your time :D

Last edited:

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
you can create spoiler tags by typing [ h i d e ] text [ / h i d e ] (bar the spaces)

a few quick changes:

Subpunch Mawile isn't that great, it's a gimmick at best and it's effectively outclassed by other sets which brings me to my point. Running Fire Blast and Sucker Punch might help you find more success, sucker's priority provides critical utility to a slow team like your own and Fire Blast punches holes in bulky mons like lix who give Mawile a lot of trouble even with the often unreliable focus punch.

Audino is a great TR setter but your set is pretty bad, mega evolving provides much better stats and neutrality to Fighting-type moves making it far superior to chople berry. I know Magic Coat is useful too but Audino needs an attacking move. Dazzling Gleam will suffice since it's Maudino's most powerful STAB.

Drifblimb's set is kind of weird but scarf Rotom might fit nicely in its place. Rotom is a strong late-game cleaner who appreciates this team's ability to wallbreak, its speed also makes it a nice safety blanket if you end up without your TR setters.

Marowak is powerful, don't get me wrong but Aggron would make a suitable replacement. Few rock resists in the tier can stand up to its powerful slew of STAB and coverage moves bar like gastro. And base 150 Banded Head Smashes are much more spammable and make it an amazing wallbreaker perfect for most TR teams.

Banded Aggron can't really run rocks when thinking of a TR setter capable of replacing mushy Carbink comes to mind. It sets up rocks, TR, and then explodes netting its ally a free switch. On a side note I also think you should try mixed LO Aboma with eq > HP Fire but it's mostly up to you.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Carbink @ Normal Gem
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def /
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore

Mawile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

I tried my best to improve your team without changing the framework too much, hope I helped.

Stay sharp.

e: fixed carbink's importable

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
you can create spoiler tags by typing [ h i d e ] text [ / h i d e ] (bar the spaces)

a few quick changes:

Subpunch Mawile isn't that great, it's a gimmick at best and it's effectively outclassed by other sets which brings me to my point. Running Fire Blast and Sucker Punch might help you find more success, sucker's priority provides critical utility to a slow team like your own and Fire Blast punches holes in bulky mons like lix who give Mawile a lot of trouble even with the often unreliable focus punch.

Audino is a great TR setter but your set is pretty bad, mega evolving provides much better stats and neutrality to Fighting-type moves making it far superior to chople berry. I know Magic Coat is useful too but Audino needs an attacking move. Dazzling Gleam will suffice since it's Maudino's most powerful STAB.

Drifblimb's set is kind of weird but scarf Rotom might fit nicely in its place. Rotom is a strong late-game cleaner who appreciates this team's ability to wallbreak, its speed also makes it a nice safety blanket if you end up without your TR setters.

Marowak is powerful, don't get me wrong but Aggron would make a suitable replacement. Few rock resists in the tier can stand up to its powerful slew of STAB and coverage moves bar like gastro. And base 150 Banded Head Smashes are much more spammable and make it an amazing wallbreaker perfect for most TR teams.

Banded Aggron can't really run rocks when thinking of a TR setter capable of replacing mushy Carbink comes to mind. It sets up rocks, TR, and then explodes netting its ally a free switch. On a side note I also think you should try mixed LO Aboma with eq > HP Fire but it's mostly up to you.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Carbink @ Heat Rock
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def /
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore

Mawile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

I tried my best to improve your team without changing the framework too much, hope I helped.

Stay sharp.
You should remove Heat Rock cuz this isn't a sun team -_-

a few quick changes:

Subpunch Mawile ir far way better than this set do you say, lose the iron/fairy/figth coverage and a sub user just for a sad fireblast that does literrally 0 to almost everything... and its totally unnecesary when you have a strong figth move (yoy say "for steelix" i killed Steelix with this Mawile sometimes, they can take a second FP, so, they can stop Mawile sweep 1 time if you dont mess up overpredicting).

The sucker punch yeah, its very nice on a slow team like you said, but i cat have everything to use FC i need sub, i think i have enght tools to deal with my own slow compo so its not problem and i have other priorty.

If i change Marowak for a banded Aggron i get:

A lot of more weakness
S.Rocks choiced user instead a free change moves one.
A lot of trickroom wasted in missed hits
Losing my only voltswicht inmunity.
Wrost wallbreaker (Marowak its better cause ground or steel defensive mons like gastro can laugth at Aggron)

And talking about Banded Aggro he really does the work that does my specs Abomasnow right now (big choiced TR spameable nuke) but by the physical side, i like banded Aggron i really do i used him a lot on other teams before rock head Tyrantrum was released(not in NU), but i feel its not filling the work that marowak does and i hate miss so hard, bad memories come to me right now lol.

Rotom cant do the drifblim actual job, doesnt provides a last resort against some foes (D.bond) and doesnt provide hazzard control(defog) either, this change has no sense, i know rotom is far better as a ghost scarfer than drifblim, outclases him ver hard i know, but i didnt chose drifblim just because its a ghost, i dont wanna be that spikes weak again.

Audino with mega stone to take fight neutral hits can be a good idea, its not just the neutrally against figth, fairy type give more resists and when mega evolve she gain a lot of extra bulk, i gonna try this change thanks, im still not sure if put dazzling, but mega to fullfill this souns pretty good thanks.

I feel bad to refuse a lot of changes that you do trying to help me, but i feel like they arent good for the team, those changes give me more problems than solution sorry :/

At least i am grateful for your help to imrpove Audino.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello there interesting rmt. i like your idea of specs abomasnow and marowak under trick room and you definitely gave it a good shot. there's some things you could improve though, like some odd EV spreads.

firstly, non-mega audino is completely unviable and you should just change that to mega audino. since you're building a trick room team, this may be a good set to use:
Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Healing Wish

I'd also run something else over scarf drifblim. i know you needed hazard removal, ghost-type, flying-type, fight resist etc all in one member but that's not really possible. resorting to something as gimmicky as choice scarf drifblim really isnt the way to go. because this team is very weak to jynx as well as a lot of other psychic-types, i think Skuntank > Drifblim could work. here's the set:
Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Defog
this gives you a more reliable defog user, as well as a way to deal with CM psychics aside from relying on marowak to pound through them. the set is pretty standard tbh.

another thing i noticed is that this team is pretty weak to steelix. yes, abomasnow and marowak beat it, but it can easily switch in on musharna, mega audino, and mawile, and you dont really have a switch-in for it. because of this, i suggest running Xatu > Musharna. Xatu is a glue that your team definitely needs. it provides you with a guaranteed switch-in to steelix, a way to bounce back hazards from mesprit, garbodor, and ferroseed, as well as giving you a nice pivot with both u-turn and trick room. here's the set i advice using:
Xatu (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Trick Room
- U-turn

i hope these changes help you and that you'll have even more success with the team. here's the team with my changes in it, if you want to test it out!
Abomasnow @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Audino (F) @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Healing Wish

Xatu (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Trick Room
- U-turn

Marowak @ Thick Club
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Bonemerang
- Stealth Rock

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Mawile @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Focus Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)