SM OU Koko+ESeed Lucha

Introduction

Hello Guys,
I had success with this team but I am not the greatest Team Builder. I want to share this team so anybody can use it and I would love to get it rated. If pro's could give me tips I would be very happy. So let's begin.

Teambuilding Process

I chose Landorus-T because why not? It is a great Pokemon for every team.

Tapu Koko and Hawlucha are a great Offensive Core imo. Tapu Koko Volt Switch into Hawlucha who evades Earthquake and consumes it's Electric Seed and the sweep can begin.

With Lando-T, Koko and Hawlucha I have took care of my offenses so I needed a defensive core. I chose to go with a Grass, Fire, Water Core. VenusaurM, Heatran and Rotom-Wash can watch out for each other amazingly.

The Team

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
I chose to run a Choice Scarf set. This works amazing against unprepared lead HP Ice Tapu Koko's. (OHKO'ed so many of those!!) U-Turn has great utility and Edgequake is selfexplanatory. HP Ice is against other Lando-T's.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Choice Specs Tapu Koko's T-Bolt is so strong in E-Terrain even resisting Pokemons are damaged pretty amazingly. Dazzling Gleam is another strong STAB Move. Volt Switch is a good way to get off damage and switch in Hawlucha to make a late sweep.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch/High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Acrobatics
Now this is one of the greatest late sweeper in the game. Coming in with +1 in Defense and doubled Speed. If you can get a Swords Dance up there is nothing to stop you anymore. Poison Jab is great for coverage against Fairies and Acrobatics is a 100% Accuracy 110 BP STAB Move. Amazing right? Lastly you gotta decide between recovery with Drain Punch and Power with HJK. I value recovery more that's why I am using Drain Punch.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Amazing Defensive Pokemon. Thick Fat really works great with its Typing. Leech Seed and Synthesis are for recovery. Sludge Bomb is a great STAB Move. HP Fire is for enemy Ferrothorns who love to switch in.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Foul Play
The only Pokemon on the Team I could replace I guess. Still Defog is very important here because I am not using any Hazards and I don't want to be worn down by Hazards. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple Physical attackers. A slow Volt Switch can give Tapu Koko a safe switch in and Foul Play did really not disappoint until now.

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Overheat/Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
This is a great Pokemon to cover many of the Weaknesses in my team. But I wanted to suprise unprepared enemies and enemy Heatrans. That's why I am going full Speed and SpAttack. Overheat or Magma Storm both are great moves with drawbacks. I guess Flamethrower or Fire Blast works too. Flash Cannon is a great STAB Move and Earth Power is important. Bloom Doom however has such a great suprise factor. I killed so many Water Types I can't even believe myself how unprepared they are.

Conclusion

This Team is really fun to use but it is very weak to Psychic Type attacks. I am thinking about using Ferrothorn and defensive GyaradosM instead of RotomW and VenusaurM. Would love to get your Feedback, Rates and Advice. Happy Rating!!! :)

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Acrobatics

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Foul Play

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey, Lucha is a big threat right now. You're right to capitalise on it.

First off, I'm not really a big fan of Venusaur right about now. Flying and Psychic spamming teams seem to be everywhere in the forms of Pinsir x Hawlucha and Tapu Lele x Alakazam. I guess it works somewhat well as a rain check, but I'd change the EV Spread if that's what you're intending it to be used for (to check Kingdra easier). Another option is Tapu Bulu, which powers up the Bloom Doom on Heatran and gives it and Magearna recovery.

Second of all, the team doesn't have any hazard support. I think this is quite necessary, as it means your sweeper can sweep much easier.

I'd change the Heatran set. Magma Storm over Overheat every single time because it traps things for you to Bloom Doom. Flash Cannon is also quite redundant on this set, so perhaps replace it with Stealth Rocks or Taunt.

I suggest switching Rotom for Assault Vest Magearna. This means that you will be able to live against the likes of Tapu Lele and Mega-Alakazam. Here's a set I like:
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Iron Head
- Fleur Cannon
Iron Head is for CM Magearna. HP Fire is for Scizor.

I also suggest changing the Hawlucha set to this:
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Acrobatics
This lets you kill Zapdos at +2 after Stealth Rocks damage +2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 306-360 (79.8 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I chose it over Poison Jab because Tapu Koko is easier to wear down than Zapdos. I also put High Jump Kick over Drain Punch because when Lucha is out, you just wanna clean up games. No point in tanking stuff when you can hit something for nearly double the damage. Furthermore, I changed the EV Spread because you don't need that much speed investment. I put enough to outspeed Excadrill in the Sand. If you are that worried about opposing Hawlucha, then I guess you could make it max speed, but you have Koko + Lando (Intimidate).

I hoped this helped. If you have any questions, send them to me :)

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey TheKing36 really cool team, Koko Lucha is incredibly strong right now so abusing it is always a good idea. I agree with most of what Diophantine said, I just wanted to add that on the heatran I definitely agree with removing Flash Cannon. However, I don't think Taunt or Stealth Rock is a slashable option. OU teams need Stealth Rock, so I feel that's the best option to consider on Heatran.

Aside from that I actually like the revised version looking back on it, just feels a little weak to offensive grounds like DD zygarde since there is no resist, and the only answer is Scarf Lando who gets worn down fast switching into Thousand Arrows tell it eventually gives Zygarde enough space to set up and go for game. I like the central concept of the team, but I just wanted to recommend an alternate version that ran something along the lines of Assault Vest Tapu Bulu > M-Venusaur, and M-Scizor > Magearna. Yes Tapu Bulu adds another terrain setter, but as long as you manage Koko (keep it alive) it's not that hard to manage. This change is really solid in my opinion as it gives you a great ground resist + doesn't remove that much from what M-Venusaur was offering. M-Scizor was simply adding a bulky Steel, Defogger, and it also makes it so you don't end up with 2 assault vest users which can be less than ideal in a lot of situations.

Once again my changes were thought up pretty quick, more wanted to comment on the Taunt/Rocks thing anyway, then the change just popped into my head, and I couldn't stop myself from writing up a quick blurb on an alternate option. Anyway, good luck with the team, hope it works out for you! If you have anymore questions feel free to let me know.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)