SM LC LC = LinkCode [Undefeated]

SCHEFF

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hello all,
A lot of you know me as not much of a battler, or really, someone who isn't good at mons. However, I recently found that the strategy in LC is a lot easier for me to use. (OK it's sturdy spam, but you know..)
I decided to go with the strategy of Hyper Offensive, because I hate stall. I almost didn't make ladder because of this cancerous Munchlax, but I digress. A lot of hard decision went into this team. The first version (which I started on a different alt) had Starly, and yet another incarnation had Dodrio. My play style involves pivots, power, and speed. However, my two sturdy mons make sure I don't get bodied by other HO teams. But, without further ado, here is my team.

Importable: https://pastebin.com/6TpDx5Y7
Mr. Krabs (Dwebble) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Although I experimented early on with Tyrunt, I feel like the one-wrong-move-and-you're-screwed aspect of Dwebble fits me better. I often will bring it in on a slow Magnemite Volt Switch, letting it come in with no damage taken. This also tends to be a weak check for any threatening offensive mons. On those occasions, I'll just attack, because Dwebble basically has 3 free-ish turns (100% health, 100% after juice, 1%) if you play it right. Dwebble's just kinda a do-it-all mon for this team.

Jesus Fish (Barboach) @ Eviolite
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 212 Atk / 28 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall / Spark
- Bounce / Spark

"Barboach isn't viable," says the LC room. Well, one of my opponents (admittedly low-ladder) said it was the best mon in LC after seeing me use it. Dragon Dance first turn. Always. Do not fail. Barboach is my number one sac, and also my number one sweeper. If it doesn't get the boost up, though, it's not threatening. The Bounce forces grass types out, which is why I run it. Also, it gets parahax way too often. However, if you want parahax but more accuracy, Barboach's shallow movepool does include the gem of Spark as well. This hits more reliably, but sacrifices coverage. However, if you want both Spark and Bounce, Waterfall, while a reliable stab, isn't 100% needed.

Decapitation (Scraggy) eviolite
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab

Better dancer than barboach, better coverage, already have a water type. As much as I love barboach, this mon really is better.

Cyclops (Magnemite) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle
- Endure

This mon keeps me in the game very often. My variant doesn't get worn down by rocks, because it carries endure + recycle, a potent stall moveset. With enormous SPA, fully maxed, Magnemite enjoys being a powerhouse that also stays in the game. One problem is Volt Switch. I carry VS because I need the momentum, but it doesn't hit as hard, and when Magnemite is in against a mon that resists Flash Cannon, the only choice to do solid damage is a momentum move. Outside of this, Magnemite has very few issues.

Skilled LinkCode (Pikipek) @ Life Orb / Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bullet Seed
- Brick Break
- Flame Charge / Roost

Before getting into this mon, and the long history of its predecessors, I'd like to just say that the name for it is top notch. My team is dedicated to my friend LinkCode and the ability is Skill Link. Top notch portmanteau, IMO. Anyway, I always wanted to have a glass cannon burd. Having been a Starly using in Gen 6, Scarf Starly was my original choice. I phazed that out for Dodrio, but after discovering my next mon, I wanted to be able to boost my speed, rather than needing a scarf. Pikipek does the job. This mon is capable of sweeping teams, although Life Orb, the reason it can, also is the reason it fails to (dying from recoil). It's a potent stall breaker, and also makes it through many mons that would often check it. Bullet Seed is very spammable against anything that doesn't take huge damage from Brave Bird. (It sometimes feels like this mon is grass/flying with the damage it does). Basically, it's my backup Barboach, but more of a Swiss Army Knife, this mon does it all.
It's Complicated (Bunnelby) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- U-turn
- Brick Break

At first you may be wondering why I'm Adamant with a Scarf. Honestly, the power matters more than the speed. I often send this mon out first, and either get a quick KO, or U-turn, which usually puts a huge dent into the mon I'm running from anyway. It's Bunnelby, so you already know what it does: DESTROYS STUFF. I've seen Return OHKO a rock type, I mean this power is unreal. However, although I do like leading it, it must be protected. Great Power comes with Great Responsibility, and if you lose this, the game could be harder.

Speshul Star (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 156 Def / 116 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Recover / Thunderbolt

Staryu is a hard hitting spinner. It's simple to use, however, Hydro is way more powerful than I thought at first. It always 2HKO's defensive Pawn and has a chance to OHKO offensive Pawn! It's ridiculous. I run recover because longevity is important when many of my mons are, well, glass cannons.

THREATLIST:

Bulky Mons with recovery: Pumpkaboo, Munchlax, etc.
These mons can set up and recover on me. With Munchlax, once it's stockpiled 3x, it's very hard to stop.

Mold Breaker Mons that hit Magnemite: Pancham, Drilbur
Magnemite is kind of the glue that holds this team together, and these mons ruin its cancerous usage.

Proof of Peak: http://imgur.com/a/uEqKk

Replays: Bunnelby Sweep, Bunnelby Predict, Pikipek + Bunnelby vs. Stall, Very first incarnation of team + Memes, Close Win vs. Stall, Scheff 2 Hawkie 0

SHOUTOUTS
TOP TIER: LinkCode
Really Helpful People: MrMagicbuzz Finding True Love horsehead3 Ed Kirigon Lord Outrage Hurricane69 qwily CobalionCouncil YouthBerry Namdachu Joyverse Aehzo
Dank Memers: Mystifi Rafooa11 Daiquiri Cruises Aych Flerovium Silverwhiteblue bRaNdOn Karalynia Island Spices

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Hello! There are several flaws this team, the largest being the lack of a fighting or ground resist. This is something incredibly important to have, especially with Pokemon such as Bunnelby and Dwebble on the team which do not appreciate Fighting-types. Additionally, some of your sets are currently suboptimal, which can lead to some troubles while fighting.

First of all, on Dwebble X-Scissor should be changed to Substitute. This is to help you set up easier and to dodge Sucker Punch from Pawniard. For example, one can Substitute on Foongus' Spore, and then set up on the Foongus safely behind the Substitute. X-Scissor is suboptimal because it really does not hit anything important. Even though it is STAB, you would be far better off running Substitute thanks to the utility it gives you.

Scraggy should have Shed Skin over Moxie, High Jump Kick over Drain Punch, and Zen Headbutt over Poison Jab. While racking up Moxie boosts is fun, Shed Skin allows you to set up on things such as Will-O-Wisp Pumpkaboo safely, as you have a good chance of your status being healed. There are very few things that survive Scraggy at +1, and the damage calcs aren't too different at +2. Very often you will find yourself wishing that you had Shed Skin instead of Moxie to allow for easier set-up and sweeps. High Jump Kick, while it does have a miss chance, is necessary as it can KO far more things than Drain Punch can, and you really need the damage that Drain Punch simply does not provide. Zen Headbutt is better than Poison Jab in this scenario because it helps you deal with other Fighting-types better and mons such as Foongus and Mareainie that your team otherwise struggles with.

Now I realise that you built the team around Pikipek, but Pikipek is really bad and literally does next to nothing for your team. The only thing it has going for it is a decent Attack stat and a cool moveset and ability. However, its bulk is miserable, and without some form of boosting its Attack it hits about as hard as a soggy ramen noodle. What this team needs is a good Ground- and Fighting-type resist, and the only mon that does both is Cottonee. Cottonee can provide a lot of support that this team needs, checking Fighting-types and Ground-types and can Memento out into Scraggy or Dwebble to allow either to sweep.
Cottonee @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 40 Def / 144 SpA / 40 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Memento

I hope this rate helped!

SCHEFF

I COULD BE BANNED!
yeah, after playing around, unfort cottonnee totally is best (i totally hate cancer, but hey)

appreiate both your suggestions, im changing ability on scraggy, and im testing hjk over drain punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)