LCPL FINALS - WON BY SNOVERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think so. Even if Ferro dies, he still forces the Gligar vs Missy matchup. After Gligar kills Missy, you are forced to go to Drilbur to stop GLigar. Going to Drilbur means that Tirtouga sets up on you and wins anyway. I also don't see how burning Ferroseed is more beneficial than just 2hkoing it with Hidden Power. If anything, going to Ferroseed while his own Ferroseed is out was the way for you to win that game. By doing that, you can setup Spikes, meaning that Drilbur is a legitimate way for you to win, rather than setup fodder for Tirtouga. Speaking of setup fodder, why did you switch Drilbur out of Tirtouga? If Aqua Jet ohkos you from 82%, which I don't believe it does, then Tirtouga is walled by your weakened Ferroseed. From that point, Charmander's only way to win is a Stone Edge crit or a Waterfall flinch. Say Charmander does use Shell Smash. Well, then you did x amount of damage with LO Earthquake, putting Tirtouga in Iron Barbs range. Thus, you have a 20% chance to get out of the hole you are in if he misses Stone Edge, yet another out for you to win. This is all assuming that you just 2hko'd Ferroseed after SR, instead of letting it Leech Seed you and either attack or setup Spikes, assuming you hit your first Will-O-Wisp(keep in mind that you had hit your other 3 WoWs up to that point).

236+ Atk Life Orb Drilbur Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 12 Def Eviolite Solid Rock Tirtouga: 18-23 (81.81 - 104.54%) -- 6.25% chance to OHKO
-After SR, that's about a 50 50 chance that you are able to take out the biggest threat to your team. Once again, had you not wasted your Misdreavus by clicking WoW instead of Hidden Power, then you would win.

212+ Atk Tirtouga Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Drilbur: 14-20 (63.63 - 90.9%) -- 6.25% chance to OHKO after Spikes
-From the range of HP your Drilbur was at, there is a 70.3% chance that you live that Aqua Jet. So, had you EQd has he Shell Smashed, which calculations tell us is the correct play, then you win the game. He is forced to Aqua Jet, and at that point you switch into your Ferroseed and kill with Iron Barbs. So even after the 3 WoW misses, you still had a good chance to win the game.

Anyway, ggs everybody, even though I don't think I played half as many games as I should have(sorry Charmander n_n). Playing Round 2 has been awesome. Special congrats to Charmander because I know you put a lot of effort into drafting and organizing a solid team. Glad to see that you won :)

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
a couple of things - yes i should have stopped clicking WoW but i was upset about missing the first one so dgaf

1. missy doesn't 2hko ferro in any world
2. i wanted to burn it to get up spikes while he lost health as opposed to having a ferro v ferro stall war
3. your "even if" scenario doesn't assume he has a meditite which takes out both ferro and scraggy - also your even if scenario or at least how you described it on irc assumes id know he would shell smash when it was a 50/50 lol....
4. my drillbur doesn't have 36 def evs but i cbf to calc it

congrats on analyzing a battle and telling me what i should have done better - that doesn't mean i probably wouldn't have won had i hit WoW, which is all i said

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations to the Snowpoint Snovers for their victory in the Little Cup Premier League!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)