Leading in UU

Rotom actually looks like a pretty nice lead in a lot of ways: you're immune to fake out, outspeed most leads, and your two stabs offer great coverage on leads like kabutops/omastar/moltres/uxie/mespirit/etc. HP fighting rounds out coverage, hitting ambipom most notably, and then you're left with really two options for your last move in my opinion: sub or sucker punch.

Substitute would be timid with life orb and would really be used to dodge status/sucker punch, scout, and set up on predicted switches.

Sucker punch should be run with naive nature and a focus sash: after bringing them down to low HP with shadow ball, tbolt, or hp fighting, sucker punch kills them, letting you beat most focus sash leads quite nicely, e.g. Alakazam, sash ambipom, etc. You can also dodge sucker punches by using it (doing laughable damage, but you can waste some pp or potentially out mindgame an absol or somesuch) or get in a last (weak) hit against a scarfer.

There may be some other nice options: hp ice or grass over hp fighting would potentially help with ground and rock type leads, although shadow ball or hp fighting do quite a bit and beating ambipom is one of the major advantages of a ghost lead. Wisp could potentially be used to cripple spiritomb but is otherwise pretty terrible. I've just been using 252/252 spreads, but others might be alright too.

All in all, rotom makes a solid anti-lead, capable of preventing hazards from going up, countering many other anti-leads, and establishing an early offensive presence that is hard to set up on.

Been trying Cacturne as a lead and gosh it works wonders, Focus sash+Sucker punch and the ability for it to lay spikes is excellent. I don't know why but most people tend to not switch their Omastar or Donphan thinking I'm physical but OHKO with energy ball. I use superpower over encore/dark pulse seeing how people bring in Houdoom and Chansey(after I reveal that I am a 'special' attacker).

Blaziken
Name: (OU)Anti-lead
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Rash
Evs: 252 Atk | 252 SpA | 4 Spe
Moveset
~Flamethrower/Fire Blast
~Stone Edge
~Hidden Power Grass
~Vacuum wave

After testing it out, this Blaziken does amazingly as an anti-lead.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge, Poison Point - Impish
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef
Stealth Rock
Toxic Spikes
Earthquake
Taunt

Personally, I like spamming some hazards if I can. Nothing annoys people more than some rocks, then the constant sapping of health from the toxic.
It seems to fare okay in use. Against other hazard users, it has the option to taunt the slow and bulky ones, and then start to deal some damage with Earthquake if it can. Against set up fodder, I can lay my hazards, switch it out, and then I have it available later as a pivot if needs me. Against quick leads, I often suicide spam my hazards, and with the decent enough defences, it can often get rocks, and at least one layer of TS down, before picking a revenge killer.

Not seen it in this thread yet, thought it might be interesting.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not sure how effective Toxic Spikes are in this metagame, with Heracross getting around nowadays.
As a Heracross user myself, I totally agree, but, I thought that the threat of the guts users wasn't enough to make me stop spreading status around the rest of peoples teams. Maybe this will have to change when Heracross becomes more prominent, as people fit it into teams after the tier change

As a Heracross user myself, I totally agree, but, I thought that the threat of the guts users wasn't enough to make me stop spreading status around the rest of peoples teams. Maybe this will have to change when Heracross becomes more prominent, as people fit it into teams after the tier change
theres venesaur too...weezing also...

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge, Poison Point - Impish
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef
Stealth Rock
Toxic Spikes
Earthquake
Taunt

Personally, I like spamming some hazards if I can. Nothing annoys people more than some rocks, then the constant sapping of health from the toxic.
It seems to fare okay in use. Against other hazard users, it has the option to taunt the slow and bulky ones, and then start to deal some damage with Earthquake if it can. Against set up fodder, I can lay my hazards, switch it out, and then I have it available later as a pivot if needs me. Against quick leads, I often suicide spam my hazards, and with the decent enough defences, it can often get rocks, and at least one layer of TS down, before picking a revenge killer.

Not seen it in this thread yet, thought it might be interesting.
This isn't anything new? oh well, as people have stated above there is no need for Toxic spikes, first off without even needing to refer to Heracross, Venusaur and Toxicroak are everywhere so maybe Roar would be useful to spread entry hazard damage and scout.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
To my experience, Spiritomb as an antilead is still a massive threat.
I'm asking why it's not more used ?

Also, I agree with SOMALIA : T-spikes in UU are totally useless, because of Venusaur, Toxicroak, Nidoqueen, Drapion, etC.

I personally like the "Hindenburg" Drifblim Lead. LoL It's worked for me so well in the past.

Drifblim @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
IVs:2 HP/31 Atk/2 Def/30 SpA/2 SpD/30Spe
EVs: 108 Atk/252 SpA/148 Spe
Nature: Lonely(+Atk/-Def)/Mild(+SpA/-Def)
-Shadow Ball
-Explosion
-Hidden Power Fighting
-Hypnosis

Speaks for itself, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)